Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    1/4 in 13.5, 0-60 in 5 flat stock according to motor trend... an easy kill for an ls1 with any mods.
    Yeah an LS1 w/ the typical mods will pull effortlessly on a stock 335i.

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Yeah an LS1 w/ the typical mods will pull effortlessly on a stock 335i.
    try telling that do them...

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I have the standard bolt-ons besides headers... I am no pro, my SS ran a 13.4 @ 107 on my first run at a track ever. I have seen the same car pull 13.0 and 12.9...

I raced my dead from a roll, and took a car on him right away and that is where we stayed... From a dig, he had the jump and kept it through 1st and into 2nd...

Granted neither him nor I are Nascar drivers, but we certainly dont suck and there was more competition to be had then some "I pulled 5 cars on him right away"...

In no way am I giving all the credit to the Bimmer, but I am simply saying it takes 1 or 2 mods at most for those puppied to be putting over 350 to the ground.
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    I have the standard bolt-ons besides headers... I am no pro, my SS ran a 13.4 @ 107 on my first run at a track ever. I have seen the same car pull 13.0 and 12.9...

I raced my dead from a roll, and took a car on him right away and that is where we stayed... From a dig, he had the jump and kept it through 1st and into 2nd...

Granted neither him nor I are Nascar drivers, but we certainly dont suck and there was more competition to be had then some "I pulled 5 cars on him right away"...

In no way am I giving all the credit to the Bimmer, but I am simply saying it takes 1 or 2 mods at most for those puppied to be putting over 350 to the ground.
    Don't get me wrong, they are awesome cars, and they are fast in their own right. They are just way too expensive and not my cup of tea. And yes, I really did put three cars on him right away. If my car was stock (Last dyno tune I had 380 RWHP), it would have no doubt been a lot closer.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Yeah, with 380 to the ground, you are for sure gonna do some damage. Thats awesome.

How can I get my car to that level? (dont mean to be hacking the thread) but I am curious... I am at 324 rwhp with Loud mouth exhaust and all the intake mods...

Should I get headers and a cam? I also dont have very much money, but I am tired of their being cars that arent American Muscle being able to pull on me.

Let me know what I should do. Send it in a private message if you want so the thread is not hacked.

Thanks man!

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I beat this younger looking kid (17/18) in a 335i (looked newer but I don't know year to year) and I beat him by 5 cars very easily(to 70ish). Call BS all u want but you are forgetting 1 very important thing in "racing", and that is the driver...Maybe this kid thought his car was hot shit and can't drive to save his life...Way to call BS on a faster car/driver mod, captain jack!

300zx's are twin turbo also, and with a few mods they are fast cars as well. I beat my cousin's (stock except boost controller (I think he was running 12-14 lbs) and exhaust) by 2-3 lenghts with just a magnaflow catback, now I have a full bolt on with td's.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I take the "Captain Jack" as a compliment... HAHA

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

a kid in my town has an electric blue 335i and its pretty sweet. he thinks its the shit of course but he also got the $2000 software upgrade that gives him "400 hp and 424 ft/lbs" which I hope is not true. he said it gives 50% more boost, etc. I've been in it and its definitely quick and i'm definitely gonna race him after i'm geared and tuned.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

He isnt lying. My dad put the chip in his 335i. It makes his turbos run at 50% more boost.

Good luck LS1 brethren!

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

i wish i had me some twin turbos to spend daddy's money on

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Haha! No shit... It sure would be nice. But I guess we can still enjoy our superior cylinders and displacement. Nothing beats good old American Muscle.

02 M3

Well having crossed over to BMW. Here's the deal. I still work on my cars, mod them, etc.

I currently have an M3. 2 major differences, power band. Up top is where the M3 lives. from 5500-8000. Handling. Effortlessly the M3 outhandles the SS and even Vette (C5) that i've had before. While you could drive the vette probably as fast, it was much rougher, and much more hair raising. The thing with the BMW is you find yourself going through turns much faster than you would with the vette or SS.

For the 335. The 3.0 Twin turbo is good for 260-280 stock rwhp and similar torque. Only an open diff though, so not great for dragging. The chip mods are real. Varies from company to company. The one tuner place, gets 1500 for his is consistantly seeing 340-360, and 360-390 with cold air and down pipe. About 1000 more. Not much for BMW guys who just dropped 45-50 on the 335.

That's a serious car, when modded.

You really just need to spend some time in the BMW driving it to see why it's called the ultimate driving machine. It really is impressive; however I will say, they are no way worth the kind of money they cost new. Shop hard and you can get yourself into great cars for 15-25k, but that is still a lot of money; and if you can't do it yourself don't bother the stealers are ridiculous. 110 per hour and about 100% markup on parts; plus figure you need a 2500 slush fund available at all times for repairs.

Joe

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by roo97ss View Post
    Well having crossed over to BMW. Here's the deal. I still work on my cars, mod them, etc.

I currently have an M3. 2 major differences, power band. Up top is where the M3 lives. from 5500-8000. Handling. Effortlessly the M3 outhandles the SS and even Vette (C5) that i've had before. While you could drive the vette probably as fast, it was much rougher, and much more hair raising. The thing with the BMW is you find yourself going through turns much faster than you would with the vette or SS.

Ya, I'll stick GM's...Thank You!

For the 335. The 3.0 Twin turbo is good for 260-280 stock rwhp and similar torque. Only an open diff though, so not great for dragging. The chip mods are real. Varies from company to company. The one tuner place, gets 1500 for his is consistantly seeing 340-360, and 360-390 with cold air and down pipe. About 1000 more. Not much for BMW guys who just dropped 45-50 on the 335.

You really just need to spend some time in the BMW driving it to see why it's called the ultimate driving machine. It really is impressive; however I will say, they are no way worth the kind of money they cost new. Shop hard and you can get yourself into great cars for 15-25k, but that is still a lot of money; and if you can't do it yourself don't bother the stealers are ridiculous. 110 per hour and about 100% markup on parts; plus figure you need a 2500 slush fund available at all times for repairs.

Joe
    Ya, I'll stick to GM's...Thank You!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I was driving home from the gym today and I got next to a brand new Beemer at the light on the way to my house. I live very close to the main drag in my town, which is why when I notice this guy revving his little 6 cylinder and looking over at me I tried to ignore him due to the overwhelming number of Law enforcement officers usually out and about. Well, three stoplights later we are getting out into the country and the road switches to two lanes... this asshole gets right behind me, I swear if I even touch my brakes he would have hit me. We stop at the next light and he starts power braking behind me and flashing his brights at me. At this point I have had enough of this kid whose parents obviously bought him a brand new car. I take off from the light at about half throttle knowing he is going to try and pass me... hilarity ensues as I let his nose pass mine and then stomp on it. I get about three car lengths on him and let off at about 95. This douche bag still comes up and passes me throwing up the one finger victory salute as he does. What a moron. Very nice looking Beemer though...
    I hate it when they think that their cars are still the shit even after a ass whoppin. I guess that's everyone about their car, shiii if a Vette or a Termi beat me I'd still think my car was hot but a middle fingure salute just wouldn't make sense. I like it when people are tail gateing me on single lane roads and go to pass me up and I drop the hammer wait for them to catch up and do it all over again. It is .

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I hate it when they think that their cars are still the shit even after a ass whoppin. I guess that's everyone about their car, shiii if a Vette or a Termi beat me I'd still think my car was hot but a middle fingure salute just wouldn't make sense. I like it when people are tail gateing me on single lane roads and go to pass me up and I drop the hammer wait for them to catch up and do it all over again. It is .
    Yeah. If you get beat, deal with it. Don't get pissed, just make your car faster. I wont hesitate to give someone a thumbs up if they beat me.(unless it's a honda)

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

I was thinking about getting my wife a 2002 M5 that was for sale for a decent price here locally (18k Miles on it too) but she said the same thing I was thinking after we test drove it... for 5k more we can get a brand new G8 with a warranty
    Take a look at a used CTS-V. Faster, lighter, better handling, nicer interior, LS2 powerplant - and that is comparing it to the upcoming G8 GXP.....

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Granted neither him nor I are Nascar drivers,
    Um, that isn't exactly an example of great drivers or shifting ability....
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-27-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

I had someone in one of these do a fly by a couple days ago. So at the next light (he caught it since it was red) we both gunned it and I won, haha. Beamer people can be cocky. Not all are, but...it seems the LS1 community and the BMW community constantly have a small war...just like we have them with the Ford community.
    Last edited by Cronex; 05-28-2008 at 12:53 AM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    I had someone in one of these do a fly by a couple days ago. So at the next light (he caught it since it was red) we both gunned it and I won, haha. Beamer people can be cocky. Not all are, but...it seems the LS1 community and the BMW community constantly have a small war...just like we have them with the Ford community.
    was it a young guy in a silver BMW lol?

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    was it a young guy in a silver BMW lol?
    Nah. This dude was young but it was a black model.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information