Thread: C7 Corvette

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

C7 Corvette

I read in Road & Track that the C7 will have a 4.7 V8. Didn't know if this is old news, but it's new to me.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    I read in Road & Track that the C7 will have a 4.7 V8. Didn't know if this is old news, but it's new to me.
    I would be almost willing to bet that was a typo.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I would be almost willing to bet that was a typo.
    It wasn't a typo. The whole story related to manufacturers in general that will be switching to turbo 6's and smaller V8's to comply with upcoming federal mileage requirements. That doesn't mean they are right about the C7, but they clearly meant to print 4.7.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

eh... how come this is in kills section

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

sounds like the vette is being killed... but never know. it may still perform like we expect

Pewter
    02 Z28

yeah I read the article they said something about less power and less weight
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Sorry but I have never met a vette that really Totally Impresses me. At least not for the money. Everyone I see run at the track is SLOW!!! I hope the new Zo6 proves me wrong. I have seen 2 nice boosted vettes. But even then they have 60+ G's in the car. I ran a TT Zo6 last year at the track and killed him by 3 cars. The guy wasn't much of a driver but still not impressed. For the money Ill build something like a WS6 Daily Driver with a Ton of CI and two Nice big Turbo's and then make some real noise.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Sorry but I have never met a vette that really Totally Impresses me. At least not for the money. Everyone I see run at the track is SLOW!!! I hope the new Zo6 proves me wrong. I have seen 2 nice boosted vettes. But even then they have 60+ G's in the car. I ran a TT Zo6 last year at the track and killed him by 3 cars. The guy wasn't much of a driver but still not impressed. For the money Ill build something like a WS6 Daily Driver with a Ton of CI and two Nice big Turbo's and then make some real noise.
    Really, you never met one single 'vette with a good driver behind the wheel? I've seen a bunch of them. A high-end built TT Z06 should be in the 9's with supporting mods. Just take a peak at some you tube videos and I think you'll be impressed. IDK, maybe the drivers up there are just that bad?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I Never seen a good fast one in person! Ya there quick but not OMG quick. I would like to see one in the 9's with a good driver. But here we only have 1/8th mile tracks unless you live in Bristol which is 4 hrs from me. Just for the money I would buy an Old c3 or Stingray and Drop a supercharger or Procharged Big Block in it and make it a more Impressive Pro street.

Most of the vette Drivers here are all Cocky anyways b/c were like poor mans country. But they can't drive to save a fish!!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I Never seen a good fast one in person! Ya there quick but not OMG quick. I would like to see one in the 9's with a good driver. But here we only have 1/8th mile tracks unless you live in Bristol which is 4 hrs from me. Just for the money I would buy an Old c3 or Stingray and Drop a supercharger or Procharged Big Block in it and make it a more Impressive Pro street.

Most of the vette Drivers here are all Cocky anyways b/c were like poor mans country. But they can't drive to save a fish!!
    Yeah we have our fair share of rich cocky drivers down here that can't drive worth a darn. But I have seen some really good drivers in 'vettes, like a guy I met in 2002 that took his bone-stock '02 Z06 to a 12.3/117. He consistantly ran 12.4-12.5 in that car back to back to back. I also saw a guy go 11.6@124 backed by consistant mid 11's in his stock yellow C6 Z06. I thought that was pretty freakin' impressive for a stock car. Truth is if you wan't performance and bragging rights like that from the factory your gonna have to shell out some big cash.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Yeah we have our fair share of rich cocky drivers down here that can't drive worth a darn. But I have seen some really good drivers in 'vettes, like a guy I met in 2002 that took his bone-stock '02 Z06 to a 12.3/117. He consistantly ran 12.4-12.5 in that car back to back to back. I also saw a guy go 11.6@124 backed by consistant mid 11's in his stock yellow C6 Z06. I thought that was pretty freakin' impressive for a stock car. Truth is if you wan't performance and bragging rights like that from the factory your gonna have to shell out some big cash.
    Yup agreed, Its just all in how you wanna present yourself!! Some are luckier than others or are just plain smart. IMO Most vette Drivers don't know crap about there car other than what they was told when buying it and Also they always Pay someone else to install the goods. So when I see a vette on the street (Which most of the time it seems to be a Woman driven papa's car) I just mind my own business. Unless there looking for trouble I bring alot of that with my ride!!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I've seen a couple that are omg quick. I know of a fast one that doesn't really go to the track though I know of a c6 z06(pretty much any of them) are fast as hell. keep looking, you'll find one.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yeah they are quick, just dumbass drivers. at our 1/8th back home there was one that was cammed with exhaust and spray and the guy ran low 7's not launching hard

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Really, you never met one single 'vette with a good driver behind the wheel? I've seen a bunch of them. A high-end built TT Z06 should be in the 9's with supporting mods. Just take a peak at some you tube videos and I think you'll be impressed. IDK, maybe the drivers up there are just that bad?
    lingenfelters was in the high 8s 1/4 mile .... was in car and driver

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    lingenfelters was in the high 8s 1/4 mile .... was in car and driver
    Back in 1998 Lingenfelter produced the LPE 850 Kit for the Corvette C5. It was featured on Motor Trend Television driving around town normally, and then smashing down the track in 8.2 seconds @ 15xmph on M/T slicks. It was legal in all states except California.

pewter

Back in 1998 Lingenfelter produced the LPE 850 Kit for the Corvette C5. It was featured on Motor Trend Television driving around town normally, and then smashing down the track in 8.2 seconds @ 15xmph on M/T slicks. It was legal in all states except California.
    is that the one they had featured racing an f14 fighter jet??? believe that one ran 8.97 at 151

10's N/A

is that the one they had featured racing an f14 fighter jet??? believe that one ran 8.97 at 151
    I know this article was from M/T because I had the video, and C&D didn't have their TV program yet. I'll try to find the article on the net and see what the exact numbers were.

10's N/A

Okay so we were both right and wrong in a sense. The car did run 8.95 in the quarter w/ a blistering 1.97 0-60 mph time, the tires were M/T ET Street Cheater slicks, and the magazine was Motor Trend.

pewter

10's N/A

Yeah, see that was the 9.2 quarter-mile run I was referring to. But then there is a video of a different LPE C5 car running 8.95. I found the video on another site but can't view it without an account.

Thread Information