Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

What do you all think??

Well, I rode in my first BMW tonight. It's a 2000 M5, 6 speed bone stock. Its got 400 hp. Damn thing was pretty crazy I must say. Let him drive my car and his, we both think it would be a great race. What do you fellas/gals think. I will def get it on camera, I am acually kinda nervous, I usually hate BMW's but this was a hella of a car. It's got the 5.0 and twin throttle bodies. Just want to get all of your opinions. Mods are in sig. He loved the sound of my car, but its louder then shit with the duals. I would say, by riding with him that his driver skill is equal to mine, he can shift like a raped ape.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

I think you'll get smoked unless it's strickly a drag race in a straight line. If cornering or braking abilities of the cars are used, you'll get embarassed.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Its going to be a drag race. He can shift, but I would prolly get him the twisties, he has never autocrossed and I have so driver mod would come into play. Equal drivers would be a slap in the face. Hopefully I get this done this weekend to post vids.

Metalic Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28/SS

Yea, post the videos! Don't leave me hangin!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

yea we need some vids

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I will post when we race for sure.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    I think you'll get smoked unless it's strickly a drag race in a straight line. If cornering or braking abilities of the cars are used, you'll get embarassed.
    What keeps you thinking us guys are referring to turning corners in a street race?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, I have a great deserted road picked out, about 1/8th mile or maybe longer to accelerate, then about same distance to slow down. Have camera ready but guy wont answer his phone. I know its early in the weekend but good crap rain is suppose to hit, want to get it done. Will keep you guys posted. Oh, and howdy N20LT4

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Well, I have a great deserted road picked out, about 1/8th mile or maybe longer to accelerate, then about same distance to slow down. Have camera ready but guy wont answer his phone. I know its early in the weekend but good crap rain is suppose to hit, want to get it done. Will keep you guys posted. Oh, and howdy N20LT4
    What's up blackSS. Hope you hand it to that beemer!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Me too, thing is a damn nice car though. He has more power stock but is a heavier car, can't wait but still hasn't answered the phone. I want to do it in the day time for max visibility, but my camcorder has night vision so it should show up either way. Hopefully send the import packing.

10's N/A

Me too, thing is a damn nice car though. He has more power stock but is a heavier car, can't wait but still hasn't answered the phone. I want to do it in the day time for max visibility, but my camcorder has night vision so it should show up either way. Hopefully send the import packing.
    With your mods I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. You guys should be right around the same power range, but like you said he is heavier.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I really want to get my car dyno tuned but closest one is about 2 hrs away. So I am waiting til H/C to get it tuned. I figured he may have a little power on me. Guy is really cool so if I do happen to fuck up and miss a gear or something and lose then at least I have a chance for a second race. I have faith in my old girl, she should have enough get up and go for another win

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    What keeps you thinking us guys are referring to turning corners in a street race?
    Well, I had a '68 GTO in high school in LA. I used to cruise Sunset Blvd. from the coast to Hollywood looking for races. As you know, Sunset is full of killer curves. Too bad the GTO didn't stop or handle well.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Well, I had a '68 GTO in high school in LA. I used to cruise Sunset Blvd. from the coast to Hollywood looking for races. As you know, Sunset is full of killer curves. Too bad the GTO didn't stop or handle well.
    Yeah, tuff luck trying to get a '68 goat to go fast around the corners.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

At the end of the day, this race comes down to the driver and more particularly, the launch. Both cars are easily capable of low - mid 13's in the quarter, both have M6 transmissions and both struggle for traction, especially on the streets.

Since you're both pretty good driver and you're only racing for about 1/8 mile, more than likely the car the jumps out first off of the line will be the one in the lead at the end.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I should if I get traction be almost a low 12. My best was 12.90 @ 115 with a 2.2xx 60' on street tires with full pressure on a track that wasn't preped and is 70 years old. To give an update, I finally got ahold of him, he is in Minnesota with the girlfriend. When he gets back we should have the race and footage.

10's N/A

I should if I get traction be almost a low 12. My best was 12.90 @ 115 with a 2.2xx 60' on street tires with full pressure on a track that wasn't preped and is 70 years old. To give an update, I finally got ahold of him, he is in Minnesota with the girlfriend. When he gets back we should have the race and footage.
    If your running 115mph traps your gonna smoke that guy.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

A 115 mph trap speed on a 12.90 quarter mile is very impressive (and severely traction limited) given the mods listed in your signature. If you're trapping 115 you shouldn't have any trouble with a stock M5. Even the best runs the magazines were pulling were in the 106 - 108 range....most were a few mph below that and that's with a professional driver behind the wheel.

Have you had your car on the dyno?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    A 115 mph trap speed on a 12.90 quarter mile is very impressive (and severely traction limited) given the mods listed in your signature. If you're trapping 115 you shouldn't have any trouble with a stock M5. Even the best runs the magazines were pulling were in the 106 - 108 range....most were a few mph below that and that's with a professional driver behind the wheel.

Have you had your car on the dyno?
    I really want to get it onto a dyno but want H/C first and the closest dyno is a hour and a half away, plus you need a appointment and I work all days of the week. I really have thought my car is maybe a factory freak. It really wasn't that crazy stock but when I cracked into it, it seemed to jump drasticly. My Car with mods > < My car stock . I need to get to a better track and diff tires. Some thicker sidewalls to flex a bit. He is getting back Saturday and the camcorder is charged and ready. Hopefully this shit goes down

Thread Information