Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    yup yup its a big conspiracy.
    Not really a conspiracy. More of like comformation...for the next guy in an LS1 F-body with bolt-ons that claims to have beaten a pullied Cobra, yet no one believes him. He simply may have ran into a driver as bad as you.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Times were:
    ..........Me............TA
    RT........005.........055
    60'.......2.299.......2.258
    330'.....5.646.......5.838
    1/8......8.483.......8.705
    MPH.....89.312.....86.322
    1/4......12.862.....13.184
    MPH.....111.158...110.677
    that's the first thing I noticed. Those 60's are pretty bad. I'm guessing track prep was an issue. I ran a 1.8 60' last year on my 1 track outting and ended up with a 12.1@113. My high mph for the day was 115.xx.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Not really a conspiracy. More of like comformation...for the next guy in an LS1 F-body with bolt-ons that claims to have beaten a pullied Cobra, yet no one believes him. He simply may have ran into a driver as bad as you.
    haha funny. me and everyone in attendance. you should check out prisonplanet.com and all those end of the world in 2012 and roswell websites. you'd fit right in!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's the first thing I noticed. Those 60's are pretty bad. I'm guessing track prep was an issue. I ran a 1.8 60' last year on my 1 track outting and ended up with a 12.1@113. My high mph for the day was 115.xx.
    street tires can be tough with a suspension set up not friendly for the 1/4. There was a guy on the svtboard with his 07 GT who had a few 13.0's @ 108 on a previous outing with street tires that went. He went with drag radials and stepped down to 18's from his 20" wheels and ran 13.3's @ 104-105. I personally dont know him, its BayAreaSS's friend from the svtperformance board. He was cutting 1.9's.

Good thing I got to him before his first run to inform him that it was "only bad driving night".
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 04-29-2008 at 12:59 AM.

12.718 @ 117.47

Black
    2000 Z-28

From what I understand stock C6 Z06's run 125mph in the quarter mile.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

haha funny. me and everyone in attendance. you should check out prisonplanet.com and all those end of the world in 2012 and roswell websites. you'd fit right in!

Dude from what I can tell.. people are being fairly reasonable to you and showing a good amount of respect for you and your car. Everyone seems a bit concerned with the Bolt on LS1 times for the most part. It isn't adding up to what most everyone else is running on this board.

But every reply you make has a snide, attitude infested undertone to it.

Take a chill pill.

No one is is even being "THAT" criticial of you or even your buddy. Just pointing out some things that don't look to be normal.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Dude from what I can tell.. people are being fairly reasonable to you and showing a good amount of respect for you and your car. Everyone seems a bit concerned with the Bolt on LS1 times for the most part. It isn't adding up to what most everyone else is running on this board.

But every reply you make has a snide, attitude infested undertone to it.

Take a chill pill.

No one is is even being "THAT" criticial of you or even your buddy. Just pointing out some things that don't look to be normal.
    Your obviously skipping over the mud a certain person is slinging.

"Not really a conspiracy. More of like comformation...for the next guy in an LS1 F-body with bolt-ons that claims to have beaten a pullied Cobra, yet no one believes him. He simply may have ran into a driver as bad as you. "

its uncalled for and unproductive. its been pointed out how for some strange reason EVERYBODY was running slower than typical. I've been to the track before, I've hit 117 traps, and this time around 111's (should have been 112's) happened yet, it is suggested that it was bad driving BY EVERYONE in attendance. everyone for the most part has been respectfull as have I. read the thread.
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 04-29-2008 at 07:15 AM.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    From what I understand stock C6 Z06's run 125mph in the quarter mile.
    You would think, right?

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Here's the mod list to the 01 TA that was trapping 113-115, his best of the night being 12.5 @ 115 on drag radials:

2001 Black on Black T-Top WS6
    Whiper Lid, K&N, Corsa Catback, TTS LT Headers, Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR Tower Brace, Hotchkis Lower Control Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR LCA Brackets, X2 CAM, Stage 2 Patroit ported heads, B&M Ripper Shifter, Trans Mount Bushing Kit, Thunder Volt Plug Wires, Hotchkis Springs, Silver Face Gauges, WS7 Ram Air hood, Moser 9" w/4.11 gears.

Im not throwing that in there to disrespect him, its a reference to how cars were running. he was a cool guy. his sig says his previous best was 12.3 @ 115 with CAM ONLY, and a smaller cam at that.

10's N/A

No offense taken buddy. I would be mad too if I claimed that kind of power and my car was that slow. My buddy Monteverdez took his STOCK '03 Cobra to a 12.8@112. I bet you guys would be a good race Next time you come down here, let me know. I'll drive my LT1 down there and give you free driving lessons.

Today's Special: Smoked Cobra!
    Last edited by N20LT4; 04-29-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    No offense taken buddy. I would be mad too if I claimed that kind of power and my car was that slow. My buddy Monteverdez took his STOCK '03 Cobra to a 12.8@112. I bet you guys would be a good race Next time you come down here, let me know. I'll drive my LT1 down there and give you free driving lessons.

Today's Special: Smoked Cobra!
    I dont know where all this hatred comes from, normally i like to meet people from the boards, most of them are pretty cool. You seem to have issues stemming from I dont know where. I dont even care if I get beat or if you had a video of you smoking me, I dont take it personal. but your attitude really needs an adjustment.

10's N/A

I dont know where all this hatred comes from, normally i like to meet people from the boards, most of them are pretty cool. You seem to have issues stemming from I dont know where. I dont even care if I get beat or if you had a video of you smoking me, I dont take it personal. but your attitude really needs an adjustment.
    I started off by saying...
    I wonder what the deal was with everyone at the track that night? Assuming your still in Northern California and not in a higher elevation state. I guess everybodies driving just happened to suck on the same night.

And then you answered...
    Yah, all of us huddled up together and everybody decided as a group to have a crappy night. I forgot to mention that part.
    I honestly wasn't intending to offend you in my first post. Seems you took it the wrong way. But oh well, who cares...

Fiji Blue Pearl
    99 Trans Am, 07 GSXR 750

Hey im the Trans Am in video...
    The track prep was terrible. People were driving right through the water box up to the starting line. Needless to say that didnt help the 60' times. I had to let off the gas in 2nd gear to get traction. On the street I can shift as hard as I want and with those tires it will spin a little but not get sideways like it was doing all night. Other than that, there was zero organization as to the lanes they let run. They pulled a few cars from each of the 6 lanes all night so that you had to wait by your car and start it up and move it fifteen feet every 5 minutes. Not only did I not get to watch a single race, my car stayed hot as hell for the 4 hours I was there...
    Last edited by Sonic99; 04-29-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    99 Fiji Blue Pearl Trans Am
    M6, 4.10s, ZR1 rims w/315s,Prokit,pacesetter long tubes,ORY,custom grind cam (226/226 @112LSA .535/.535 lift), 30# injectors, APHR,Weld in RBs, LG motorsports SBs,MTI lid w/ K&N, ASP crank pully,B&B Tri flow,cut out,Pro 5.0 shifter w/lou's short stick,weld in SFCs

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic99 View Post
    The track prep was terrible. People were driving right through the water box up to the starting line. Needless to say that didnt help the 60' times. I had to let off the gas in 2nd gear to get traction. On the street I can shift as hard as I want and with those tires it will spin a little but not get sideways like it was doing all night. Other than that, there was zero organization as to the lanes they let run. They pulled a few cars from each of the 6 lanes all night so that you had to wait by your car and start it up and move it fifteen feet every 5 minutes. Not only did I not get to watch a single race, my car stayed hot as hell for the 4 hours I was there...
    I would try to get some drag radials to help reduce that 60' time. I think you'd be surprised at how far your times will drop just by doing that. 2.2 is pretty much a terrible 60'. No one is putting you down, specially not me, just saying that 60' could be a lot better. For reference when I was bone stock on stock radials running here in 100 degree weather years ago I was cutting 2.0 60's all day. I'm an auto and it's easier to keep from spinning on a stock motor but with your mods a good set of tires will be a great addition.

Fiji Blue Pearl
    99 Trans Am, 07 GSXR 750

LOL I just spent too much money on those rims and tires. Plus im too scared to break that beefy rear end GM gave me. BTW I missed 4th on the second video...because im awesome.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

How much of a difference, time wise in the quarter mile, does a change from 3.42 gears to 4.10 make? I've always been under the impression the change would be significant. However, the performance I see along with their use never impresses me...

I use Nitto DR's and I hate them. I had some Cooper Xenon's before and I was pullin better 60' times with those than the DR's.

Fiji Blue Pearl
    99 Trans Am, 07 GSXR 750

I havent had them very long... But it actually feels a little easier to launch. There is a bigger space between bogging and spinning then the 3.42s. I know they would help a lot more if I could hook up. Second gear was killing me.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

It does sound like the track sucked big time.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic99 View Post

what is your best 1/4 mile run (with current mods)

10's N/A

The track is not the best, but with technique, and preferrably some sticky tires you can get some good results. I run pretty consistantly down there although I am an A4 with tires. Even on street rubber I wasn't too too shabby.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 04-29-2008 at 06:06 PM.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information