Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well I got word today were heading up there to race tom night. Guess ill just bring my generator and charge the battery between rounds.

I better be in the 7.50's-7.80's LOL, But I have not had a good pass on my new Dr's, The first pass I had Major Bog at the line and only ran a 8.40 and the 2nd pass I broke the rear end. So will see with my new launch control if I can get this thing out of the hole. If it works like it should, Ill be 7.50's No problem, which will be a good run with the Ls1's.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    he sux at the start. really bad.
    Ahh ok :P

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Well I got word today were heading up there to race tom night. Guess ill just bring my generator and charge the battery between rounds.

I better be in the 7.50's-7.80's LOL, But I have not had a good pass on my new Dr's, The first pass I had Major Bog at the line and only ran a 8.40 and the 2nd pass I broke the rear end. So will see with my new launch control if I can get this thing out of the hole. If it works like it should, Ill be 7.50's No problem, which will be a good run with the Ls1's.
    that'll be fun. I need to finish getting my car set up. I want nitrous so bad, but my future wife keeps saying no.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

AHHH don't go bottle!!! I know its a good bang for the buck. But if you want real power bolt on a supercharger. Very streetable and no re-fills required, Run wat ya brung Every time.

white
    94 camaro z28

AHHH don't go bottle!!! I know its a good bang for the buck. But if you want real power bolt on a supercharger. Very streetable and no re-fills required, Run wat ya brung Every time.
    yeah but moneys the main thing I have to worry about.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well I ran the car tonight. Broke the Driveshaft on the First pass. Left at 3600RPM's with the new launch control @ 5PSI. Broke the U-Joint in half. So Not a very good night. But my buddies mustang ran a 6.85 @ 105mph so he had a good night.

white
    94 camaro z28

Well I ran the car tonight. Broke the Driveshaft on the First pass. Left at 3600RPM's with the new launch control @ 5PSI. Broke the U-Joint in half. So Not a very good night. But my buddies mustang ran a 6.85 @ 105mph so he had a good night.
    man. I'm sorry that happened to you. I used a gps dyno today (they are neat never right, but they are fun for gaging changes. It said i ran a 12.4 1/4 when we were playing around after I put new sfc on it and installed solid motor and tranny mounts. before it was saying we were running 12.9. I think they were both wrong because I don't think it's that fast. I think it still needs gears to really run that. 1/8 it was saying 8.3 and i kinda believe that, but barely. I have never run near that low on street tires before. dr's I ran it once, but never on street tires. oh well I wanna go to the strip when I have my license back and see how it does. that was with my uncle driving. I don't think it matters that much who is driving it with my automatic. all in all I think I had a fun day.

10's N/A

Real power? I don't understand.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    it's ok. he just likes the extra power all the time. just a little different. lol

10's N/A

it's ok. he just likes the extra power all the time. just a little different. lol
    Oh, o.k. Naw, superchargers are great power adders. I've just always been into the happy gas that's all.

white
    94 camaro z28

Oh, o.k. Naw, superchargers are great power adders. I've just always been into the happy gas that's all.
    I'm with you on that. when I finally get the permission to do a power adder I am doing a 150 shot of nitrous with gradual increase thingy starting on 80. I forgot the name of that system.

10's N/A

I'm with you on that. when I finally get the permission to do a power adder I am doing a 150 shot of nitrous with gradual increase thingy starting on 80. I forgot the name of that system.
    Progressive controller is what you are referring to. I use the NOS Progressive Programmable controller. Excellent product IMO. You can choose the rpm activation as well as ramp-rate, plus advance/retard timing too!

white
    94 camaro z28

Progressive controller is what you are referring to. I use the NOS Progressive Programmable controller. Excellent product IMO. You can choose the rpm activation as well as ramp-rate, plus advance/retard timing too!
    seriously it does all that? dang. I bet that would do wonders to my 1/8th and keep traction. how much does that cost normally for a basic wet kit with that? that would be pretty sick. just convincing the fiance....

10's N/A

seriously it does all that? dang. I bet that would do wonders to my 1/8th and keep traction. how much does that cost normally for a basic wet kit with that? that would be pretty sick. just convincing the fiance....
    My buddy just bought and installed a Dyno Tune wet kit on his '95 hawk. The kit was $369 as is adjustable from 75-150hp, + the NOS PPNC @ $515. With all the other accessories like bottle warmer, purge valve, blowdown tube, remote valve opener, etc, i'd say expect to pay no more than $1500.

white
    94 camaro z28

My buddy just bought and installed a Dyno Tune wet kit on his '95 hawk. The kit was $369 as is adjustable from 75-150hp, + the NOS PPNC @ $515. With all the other accessories like bottle warmer, purge valve, blowdown tube, remote valve opener, etc, i'd say expect to pay no more than $1500.
    that'd be sweet. but I still need to convince the fiance. I bet if she saw more than fast and the furious she wouldn't be so dumb to the idea.

10's N/A

that'd be sweet. but I still need to convince the fiance. I bet if she saw more than fast and the furious she wouldn't be so dumb to the idea.
    LOL. Fast and the Furious. That movie was such a joke. Welp, I guess i'll head out on to the streets and cruise the LT for a while. Maybe i'll have a kill story or 2 to share with you all tommorrow

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

LOL, IMO the bottle is ok for a Track only car due to the limited supply. If you want a fast street car then you need the supercharger or turbo. I have see so many Nitrous fires and blown pistons from it. I wouldn't even attempt putting it on a Stock Piston motor. But if you have the money to repair then its ok.

10's N/A

LOL, IMO the bottle is ok for a Track only car due to the limited supply. If you want a fast street car then you need the supercharger or turbo. I have see so many Nitrous fires and blown pistons from it. I wouldn't even attempt putting it on a Stock Piston motor. But if you have the money to repair then its ok.
    I agree with never running nitrous on a stock hypereutectic piston, though many people do it and some get away with it. Nitrous has always worked for me on the street because it's not like I street raced all the time, and besides my motor alone was usually potent enough to hold it's own with most.

white
    94 camaro z28

I agree with never running nitrous on a stock hypereutectic piston, though many people do it and some get away with it. Nitrous has always worked for me on the street because it's not like I street raced all the time, and besides my motor alone was usually potent enough to hold it's own with most.
    so did you get any kills to report

10's N/A

so did you get any kills to report
    Nothing worth talking about. Just some mid 30's aged looking guy that attempted to catch me on the highway in a newer model Mazda Miata with a roll cage, wheels, and some stickers. Nothing special though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information