Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duramax???

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Not really a kill story, althoug the Duramax driver might say differently.

So I'm the way home the other night, doing 70 in the right lane. All the suddent this D-Max comes flying up behind me, must have been doing 90. I get out of the way, and he's followed by a RX7. I'm like WTF? These guys are racing?

D-Max signals and slows to take the exit, and the RX7 flys by him. I'm taking the same exit as the truck, it's a ramp with 2 curves, one at the start, followed by a straight stretch. The exit curve is a sharp corner that puts you onto another highway, going uphill.

I, annoyed at the D-Max for coming up behind me like that, decide to give him a dose of his own medicine. At the start of the ramp he's a good distance ahead of me, but I quickly close the gap and get on his ass after the first turn. As the second turn comes up, I drop back, figuring I'll give him some room to make the turn, then I'll take it and pass him on the highway.

I guess he saw it coming, and romped on it as soon as he made the turn. I come around the turn, he's already on the highway, and he's on it too, I can tell by the black smoke he's trailing.

I romp on it, intending on catching and passing him. The car's running good, I'm passing everyone else, but I COULD NOT pull on that damn truck!!! I couldn't believe it! He wasn't running away from me, but I wasn't closing the gap very much either. Now granted, my foot wasn't flat to the floor, but still.

I had no idea those trucks were that quick. I took my foot out of it at the top of the hill when I hit 85, and he was still going.

Kinda embarrassing, actually. I blame my 2.73's.
    OUT RUN MANY AND I HAVE 2:73'S WITH A M6

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I just had a run in with a Duramax this Sat. It was atwo lane hiway,and he was behind another pickup, so I just go around both of them, not really even thinking about racing. So i went ahead and let the TA stretch her legs a little at the same time, up to 120, and I look in the mirror to change lanes and the Duramax is 10-12 cars back. I slow back down to 70, and he catches back up to abuot 5 cars back and gets on it. I let him get to 2 cars back and I nail it, up to 120 and he is back about 6-7 cars. I was impressed with a 8 in. lifted truck to stay that close. We stopped and talked, and he said he had a programmer, and 4 in. turbo back exhaust, also just sold his 02 Vette motor Camaro. Cool guy, fun runs.

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

deep purple rules

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by random-strike View Post
    deep purple rules
    I have most of their music.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

You know you can stack chips, i have seen double stacked chips with exhasut and intake run high 11s. Thats like a 2 grand into the truck and you can hit 11s lol And black smoke isnt bad when it comes out of a diesel

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    You know you can stack chips, i have seen double stacked chips with exhasut and intake run high 11s. Thats like a 2 grand into the truck and you can hit 11s lol And black smoke isnt bad when it comes out of a diesel
    sure thing dude, so one chip ups the boost a shitload, then the next chip ups it more? why couldn't the first chip do that.

please explain

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I cant explain because i know nothing about diesels, i just have friends who own them and mess with them. Its just a term i heard, stacking chips but im not good with diesels. Also on pass time the other day they were talking to a guy and asked him how many chips he had stacked, he replied 2 and then went a 11.7s with those 2 chips and exhaust and it was only RWD not AWD

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    I cant explain because i know nothing about desels, i jsut have friends who own them and mess with them. Its jsut a term i heard, stacking chips but im not good with diesels. Also on pass time the otehr day they were talkign to a guy and asked him how many chips he had stacked, he replied 2 and then went a 11.7s with those 2 chips and exhaust and it was only RWD not AWD
    i can't say 100% "stacking the chips" is bs but im pretty sure.

the chips crank the boost (trucks with electronic boost control), add a shitload of fuel, and add a shitload of timing.

there is only so far you can go with those three obviously even on a diesel so stacking them doesn't make sense, at least to me

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Is that you Rosie? You into camaro's too? And here I thought you were all about blonde bashing.

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Is that you Rosie? You into camaro's too? And here I thought you were all about blonde bashing.

White
    1999 SS

the guy i raced double stacks too, banks chip and the edge. The one who has the banks six gun dizzle wont race, and the other will only in the 1/8, and when I get a good launch he gets smoked! in the 1/8th I finished a little over 90mph, and he was 78mph. Dont remember the exact times, but they were close. He wouldve stood no chance in hell in the 1/4, "double stacked", 4" exhaust, and removed airbox (and headlight)(pooor mans cai!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    and whats funny is that black smoke means over fueling=power loss
    Not really in a diesel. Injecting extra fuel into a diesel is the equivelent of opening the throttle further in a gas engine.

With a diesel under heavy acceleration, you should get a cloud of black smoke (especially if its chipped, ect) and then it should taper off after it gets going.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Me and my friend tony were driving on the freeway me in the t/A with the tops off and him in his 94 supra with the top off. We see 2 diesel trucks one in the left lane one in the right and everytime we would try and go inbetween them the would floor it to make the middle lane filled with black smoke. They were dicks, so we finally go into front of them and then both of us took a truck got in front and hit the brakes. The we had some pissed off rednecks after us but they were old diesels and once i hit 130mph we could barley see them

Thread Information