Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    My 02 SS 6spd has a lid, Magnaflow CB, 85mm TB and UD pulley and from anything above 90+ the SRT8 will gradually walk and keep going (about 2-2.5 cars to 80-130). Anything under that they are pretty close. Above that the advantage goes to the 300. I should have a vid this week or next week doing something totally different running my buddies 2 cars aginst each other. His MS3 2000 Z28 vs his 03 pullied Cobra. I should have the SRT with us and will show you how they pull, maybe my wife has a strong SRT.
    I've rode in an SRT-8 Charger before, on several occasions, never a 300 though. It belongs to my brother in law, an Inferno Red Crystal 2006, and yes it is fast. When he was bone-stock (he now has a programmer/cat-back) he wen't up against my brothers '98 Z28 stripper M6. My brother had an LS6 intake, Bellows, K&N FIPK, SLP scoop, ported stock TB, MAF!, Meizure WP, SLP LT's (that sucked in fitment), ORY, 3" cut-out and Dynomax Bullet, 4.10 gears and LS1 Edit tune. The car dyno'd 357/359, and wen't a best of 11.8 in the quarter with that setup. He ran my BIL's SRT-8 and it was no competition. I rode shotgun in the Z28 all three races, and it wasn't even close. So that's why I was trying to clarify the extent of bolt-on LS1 you were referring to.

Oh, and that '98 stripper now makes over 700rwhp on happy juice!
    Last edited by N20LT4; 04-07-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

So, it DOES have a locking diff from the factory, right?

Do you think the HEMI would go well with a 6-speed?

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

It better because i hear the challenger will have a 6 speed in a year or 2. I also heard that the srt-8 will be makeing around 450hp instead of 425.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I've rode in an SRT-8 Charger before, on several occasions, never a 300 though. It belongs to my brother in law, an Inferno Red Crystal 2006, and yes it is fast. When he was bone-stock (he now has a programmer/cat-back) he wen't up against my brothers '98 Z28 stripper M6. My brother had an LS6 intake, Bellows, K&N FIPK, SLP scoop, ported stock TB, MAF!, Meizure WP, SLP LT's (that sucked in fitment), ORY, 3" cut-out and Dynomax Bullet, 4.10 gears and LS1 Edit tune. The car dyno'd 357/359, and wen't a best of 11.8 in the quarter with that setup. He ran my BIL's SRT-8 and it was no competition. I rode shotgun in the Z28 all three races, and it wasn't even close. So that's why I was trying to clarify the extent of bolt-on LS1 you were referring to.

Oh, and that '98 stripper now makes over 700rwhp on happy juice!
    You do realize that I am comparing my 2 equally high 12 cars. Nothing close to 11.80. I know of plenty bolt on LS1's that run in the 13's and 12's with average drivers and that would put them neck and neck in the 1/4 and of course the SRT will pull more above 100-110 (usual end of the quater for high 12 sec cars).

This thread is about being beat by an SRT8.

C6 H/C/N20

My wife is also correcting me about our "race". We had the Diablo/CAI at the time. I could have sworn we didnt. Oh well, I wont hear the end of that one from her.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    So, it DOES have a locking diff from the factory, right?

Do you think the HEMI would go well with a 6-speed?

They are ALL too big for a manual I would think.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

C'mon jay, the 03 put 600+ rwhp through the 6-speed. What do ya mean too big? My gf is the only one who thinks that way.

If the new Challenger comes with a 6-speed and 450 HP, you guys might find me on an SRT-8 board. Pray church pray

C6 H/C/N20

C'mon jay, the 03 put 600+ rwhp through the 6-speed. What do ya mean too big? My gf is the only one who thinks that way.

If the new Challenger comes with a 6-speed and 450 HP, you guys might find me on an SRT-8 board. Pray church pray

An 03 is the same size as an F-body but 4000+ lbs is tough on a trans. The GT500's do it though. The Challenger will weigh even more, most guys on SRTforums say its only 40lbs light than a Charger SRT8. I bet if and when you do drive a Challenger you will find it hard to get back into the Camaro, the quality is just night and day and probably the biggest reason for me selling the Camaro now. It runs like a C5 or better and feels as comfy and quiet as my house, really.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

The challenger is just over 3800lbs, not 4000. They are nice, they only car dodge has put out recently i would look at. But the new g8 GT out performs the charger and i have seen them with just a tune run a 13flat, the G8 GXP is what i wanna look at, the ls3 with a 6 speed manual in 4 door sedan. The G8 has some amazing handling for a 4,000lbs car

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Too many options, not enough moolah....

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

The G8 GT is the l76 alum block that GM uses for trucks. The G8 GT base is 29,990 or something like that just under 30grand and 33,000 fully loaded. The GXP will be 34,000 and 37,000 fully loaded.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I think I raced the same car (or one just like it) the other day!! Was on my way home from work, he pulled up on me at around 60, the second I dropped to 3rd (M6), he punched it. I did the same, and we were side by side til I had to shift, he pulled only for a second, then I was right back on him, we were almost dead even til 120, and we both shut em down because of traffic. He gave the thumbs up, and turned off down somewhere near Glenpool.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    The challenger is just over 3800lbs, not 4000. They are nice, they only car dodge has put out recently i would look at. But the new g8 GT out performs the charger and i have seen them with just a tune run a 13flat, the G8 GXP is what i wanna look at, the ls3 with a 6 speed manual in 4 door sedan. The G8 has some amazing handling for a 4,000lbs car
    Dodges' website below, go to "technical data" and then "capacities/weights" and it shows 4140 wet. Maybe Dodge is wrong? The Chargers run around 4190+ so thats the common "40 LB" difference being used on the forums. The last SRT engineer session said they will be right around 4000. Here is the spec link to the 2008 Dodge Challenger.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp

Yes, the G8 is a badass to, not to mention the one to kill them all, the CTS-V with a bit weaker LS9.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Yea, but when you say "bolt on SS" and you don't even have headers...

Bolton SS =
    Lid, Pulley, PP TB, Intake Manifold, MAF, Headers, Catback etc...

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Yea, but when you say "bolt on SS" and you don't even have headers...

Bolton SS =
    Lid, Pulley, PP TB, Intake Manifold, MAF, Headers, Catback etc...

Are you serious? Let me get this straight, since I dont have LT's, though I have all the other mods listed....youre not considering my SS a bolt on? What would YOU call it?

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol,i agree, bolt on means you have 1 or more bolt ons, yes you are horribly restricting that car with stock manifolds. You pick up alot of top end with headers, atleast i noticed it.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I have been reading up on that Pontiac G8 GT. It looks like a real winner. Kinda like a 3-series BMW with a factory LSX swap.

Now that is the best of both worlds. The hardcore muscle enthusiast will love the powertrain, and the handling/manners guys will love the chassis.

Damn it Pontiac, there you go fkn up my next vehicle plans by throwing in more competition.

sorry for the post
    Last edited by Roastem; 04-09-2008 at 06:48 AM.

C6 H/C/N20

I have been reading up on that Pontiac G8 GT. It looks like a real winner. Kinda like a 3-series BMW with a factory LSX swap.

Now that is the best of both worlds. The hardcore muscle enthusiast will love the powertrain, and the handling/manners guys will love the chassis.

Damn it Pontiac, there you go fkn up my next vehicle plans by throwing in more competition.

sorry for the post

I cant tell you how fun it is having a big 4 dr that huals azz. Nobody expects you to win a street race and without running modded LSX's and Cobra's youd be surprised what you can beat. Very fun.

I still prefer an Auto though. I wouldnt want to shift a luxury car myself and it makes for more consistent races.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Hell noone thinks my legacy can do anything, even the STI guys usually dont think im worth racing. I get laughed at by alot of ls1 and lt1 guys when i thow them a rev, but my best time was a 13.67 so i can beat most lt1 cars and give the ls1s a good run if they arent modded to much.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    I cant tell you how fun it is having a big 4 dr that huals azz. Nobody expects you to win a street race and without running modded LSX's and Cobra's youd be surprised what you can beat. Very fun.

I still prefer an Auto though. I wouldnt want to shift a luxury car myself and it makes for more consistent races.
    Luxury?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information