Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

huggar orange
    98 ls1

i dont think you understand...... look at how the post begins and the video that is included....ls1 vs. some crappy honda= no race.
    as to the srt4 (very nice) - no matter what trim turbo you put on it it is still an american car, right?
    now, if that trim implies thati it is on a whole different engine, than that is something that i did not understand, and apologize.
    however, if i put a turbo kit made in japan on my ls1, it still wont be a japanese car. right?
    so get that stick out of my face and take it easy.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

thats the whole fun of it man/woman..w/e u are...its for people to get a kick out of it...it randomly happen..u cant tell me u've never messed w/ ricers before

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboyx04 View Post
    thats cool... its fun playing with imports, but be careful. i ran into this one last weekend and it wasnt pretty

Very sick but note what they said...stock motor. 30psi. It wont live very long

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    thats the whole fun of it man/woman..w/e u are...its for people to get a kick out of it...it randomly happen..u cant tell me u've never messed w/ ricers before
    I liked bro- I never saw anywhere where you implied anyone HAD to watch it??? right??? I think the best part of the video is the fact that these ricers dont have a chance yet they still wanna race! hahahahaha I like seeing a Ls1 win a race in 1st gear! hahahaha.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

it was one of the best feelings man lol....didnt even know the guy was racing I was just keeping a "steady pace" with him until I might have THOUGHT he was racing lol..turns out he was

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by venci44 View Post
    are you guys serious? if you want to race an import find a real one, not a honda accord w/ intake and exhaust. all i am trying to say, is that, in that race it was way too obvious who was going to win. there are plenty of imports (4 cyl)(6cyl) whatever, that will put our cars to shame with some simple mods. i am not trying to rag on the ls1's, not at all, i LOVE mine. and i am not saying, dont race the dumb ass cooks with their four door sedans (fwd), 3 foot wings, and many, many stickers that give them 5 hp's each....., just dont post it on you tube and tell people to watch it, as if they should be amazed.
    There are not "plenty of imports" that would "put our cars to shame" with simple mods. I don't know where you come up with crap like this, but its simply not realistic or accurate.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by venci44 View Post
    4cyl does not make it an import.......DODGE w/one firing cylinder is still american.

and isn't there a cobra forum or something?
    on the other hand......there are some imports that i enjoy very much......
    the new skyline puts all of us to shame, (not even the new zo6 can touch it) too bad it comes with such a high sticker price.
    and, cobra guy, dont get mad at me, although i am a camaro guy all the way, i have seen some snakes worth taking a look at, maybe even a stare.
    The new Skyline doesn't put anything to shame. The car is a typical Nissan, its overweight, underpowered, and it looks like crap. Not to mention it doesn't come with a manual transmission, and using the "launch control" feature on the auto clutch manual more than a few times will net you a completely burned up clutch, to the tune of at least a few thousand dollars in repairs. The Z06 is lighter, faster, cheaper, more powerful, better sounding, and nice looking. And if thats not enough, there's always the new ZR-1 that will beat just about any production car short of a Bugatti Veyron.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    There are not "plenty of imports" that would "put our cars to shame" with simple mods. I don't know where you come up with crap like this, but its simply not realistic or accurate.
    wesman I love reading your posts/replies.. i don't know why but you really entertain me

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    wesman I love reading your posts/replies.. i don't know why but you really entertain me
    +1 pretty smart guy

Black
    98 Z/28

Nice t/a. its funny how some people on here thought he was serious about killing a 4cyl honda, it was 4shits n giggles.

As for that neon I dont even know what to say about that thing lol pretty crazy but to me no matter how fast you make a srt4 it still has the neon look to it and you have to tell people you drive a neon but its got 500hp, they will be like wtf!?!The pussymagnet factor isnt there either but what the hell power is power

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

who needs a car to get girls? ... i guess some people do use cars as compensation...

12.718 @ 117.47

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    who needs a car to get girls? ... i guess some people do use cars as compensation...
    i thought that was for people who drive big trucks

before I had my car I drove an S-10

huggar orange
    98 ls1

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboyx04 View Post
    dont think you understand. we are talking about a srt-4 with a 50 trim turbo pushing 30 psi 480/520.

hmmm, maybe i dont understand, please explain, how does an american made car become an import, by adding a foreign made turbo, i dont think so..... now if we are talking about a whole different engine, it is a different story and still questionable if it should be considered an import!
    i guess what you did not understand was my previous comment......look at how the post was started.....with a video of a ls1 racing some honda w/intake and exhaust, that is what my comment was pertaining to.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea, put bolt on's , turbo or SC with 5 -7 psi , 116 race gas tune on a LS1 and you'll see numbers like that, like said before 116 octane = useless, what is it like 8-9 dollars a gallon?

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

funny video of the honda's and for that SRT4 go's wow it might be a 4banger and it might be FWD but the things ive seen people do to those cars they are insane if someone was to give me an srt4 i would take one but for the price ive seen them i could find something way better like this...trust me if i had the 11k i would buy this car 2morrow...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/car/596907277.html

Thread Information