Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    its not always bad driving the cobra is not that much faster stock for stock,you can think what you want but it isnt and it can be beaten to about a 100mph anyway where the cobra starts pulling harder
    just face it these cars were supercharged and barely beat a stock ls1
    either way it is not the subject
    in no way is a mach 1 and an ls1 a drivers race
    maybe your right, but it is a much closer race than an LS1 vs 4.6 DOHC S/C. if the MaCh1 isnt close enough, the LS1 to the 4.6 DOHC S/C isnt even comparable.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    maybe your right, but it is a much closer race than an LS1 vs 4.6 DOHC S/C. if the MaCh1 isnt close enough, the LS1 to the 4.6 DOHC S/C isnt even comparable.
    man you are goofier than you sound
    if a ls1 smokes a mach 1 and a ls1 with a good driver can beat a termi then how does your statement make a damn bit of sense

hype up your stang to somebody who doesnt know shit but your telling the wrong guy bs stories here bud

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

man you are goofier than you sound
    if a ls1 smokes a mach 1 and a ls1 with a good driver can beat a termi then how does your statement make a damn bit of sense

hype up your stang to somebody who doesnt know shit but your telling the wrong guy bs stories here bud
    look kid, i could beat an 06+ Z06 if it had a horrendous enough driver in it, but im not gonna sit there delusional about it, as yourself, and pretend my car is really faster than it.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

look kid, i could beat an 06+ Z06 if it had a horrendous enough driver in it, but im not gonna sit there delusional about it, as yourself, and pretend my car is really faster than it.
    Got to agree with with you on this one. I have seen Ls1's go 15,14,13 and a few in the 12's stock so basically it comes down to if you can drive for shit. But if you have a good driver in both a ls1 and a mach 1 it SHOULD be a close race.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

like you guys are saying, the street is so unpredictable, so anything is possible, ive seen gt's with bolt ons take ls1's on the street, some cars/ people pretend they know how to drive or what have you. there are an equal number of dumb asses in mustangs vs camaro's. but i think honda takes the cake lol

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

My fastest time in the 1/8th is 8.437 on street tires. I have a lid, filter, and an SLP maf. With the engine cooler, I think I can run an 8.3. With dr's, I bet I can break into the 7's. There's a couple termi cobras runnin around at the drag strip. Pass after pass, can't do better than 8.6. True, on a roll, the termi is gonna be hell. But from the line, I'm gonna smash his ass. To hell with racin down the interstate. Live my life 1/4 mile at a time. I haven't even begun my performance regimen yet. Mach 1-sounds fast, but all bark, no bite.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    My fastest time in the 1/8th is 8.437 on street tires. I have a lid, filter, and an SLP maf. With the engine cooler, I think I can run an 8.3. With dr's, I bet I can break into the 7's. There's a couple termi cobras runnin around at the drag strip. Pass after pass, can't do better than 8.6. True, on a roll, the termi is gonna be hell. But from the line, I'm gonna smash his ass. To hell with racin down the interstate. Live my life 1/4 mile at a time. I haven't even begun my performance regimen yet. Mach 1-sounds fast, but all bark, no bite.
    kick the maf to the trash can grab a thermostat i bet you can do better.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Live my life 1/4 mile at a time.
    Watching a little too much of F&F lol

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

What? Do away with the SLP maf for the stock one???

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

What? Do away with the SLP maf for the stock one???
    if your car is anything like my 2 then yes.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

It helped considerably with my 98 TA. Felt sure it'd do the same for my 02. What's the best thermostat to get? Hypertech? SLP? Mr. Gasket? lol Fast and Furious was an entertaining movie, however, I hate imports.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

you live a 1/4mi at a time, but race at an 1/8mi track??!

12.718 @ 117.47

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

It helped considerably with my 98 TA. Felt sure it'd do the same for my 02. What's the best thermostat to get? Hypertech? SLP? Mr. Gasket? lol Fast and Furious was an entertaining movie, however, I hate imports.
    i personally went with hypertech in my 99, worked great no leaks, etc. i hate those maf's especially the grannatelli's nothing but problems, check engine lights and lack of power.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

you live a 1/4mi at a time, but race at an 1/8mi track??!
    Both, it's just a longer drive to race a 1/4 and not as many "street cars." Mostly full drag cars well under 10's. Not as fun as the 1/8. Not to mention the hot chicks. lol Want me to rephrase it as "I live my life 1/8th of a mile at a time?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

with me driving it is and i know there are a few more guys on here that say the same,sorry you cant drive your car man but there is no need to get all upset

dude, listen- i have never lost to a mach 1. i dont know where you come up with these statements about me not being able to drive. like camarojunky74 said- the street is so unpredictable. i hate to magazine race but all mags that tested the ls1 and the mach came up with almost identical numbers. the real world on the street is completely different.

why do you think you can drive sooo damn good?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    dude, listen- i have never lost to a mach 1. i dont know where you come up with these statements about me not being able to drive. like camarojunky74 said- the street is so unpredictable. i hate to magazine race but all mags that tested the ls1 and the mach came up with almost identical numbers. the real world on the street is completely different.

why do you think you can drive sooo damn good?
    Nothing wrong with being able to drive good. But my main point is he kept saying he's destroyed mach 1's by 5-6 cars or whatever he stated. Then you obviously are racing shity or inexperienced drivers. .02

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    whenever i get the cash.. i am working on a major project with the whole custom system and i am having some hell like with paint and stuff because i am doing all the work myself...but which cam would be the best economically and power wise. my dad has a magic stick or whatever it is called( the real big one) in his 98 z28 and that car will hardly even idle it is horrible..
    Ms4 idles just fine.. he had a shitty tune then...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

stock ls1>stock mach...... by 3-4...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being able to drive good. But my main point is he kept saying he's destroyed mach 1's by 5-6 cars or whatever he stated. Then you obviously are racing shity or inexperienced drivers. .02
    i see what you mean, driver error has alot to do with it

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

look jack ass i never stated my car was faster but it has beat a few cobras from a dig and a roll
    i will give you that it was very close and maybe a better driver in one of the cobras could have killed me
    but either way a cobra is a close enough race to be a drivers race
    several other ls1 have beat cobras also they arent much faster buddy so get over it

i dont think im the best driver ever but if your getting a close race out of a mach 1 then something is wrong

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information