Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    Why Do You Say They Are Not Factory
    Just Wondering I Dont Have A Clue What All Casting Numbers They Came With
    go look at your heads..they will say 241 and they will not be perimeter head bolt..a little better flowing..(or so they say)...go take a picture of it if u have a camera and post it up so that for the people who dont know can see a difference

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Yeah I See Now,sorry No Camera But That Could Be It
    Have It Checked Out
    Have You Ever Had It Dynoed

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    go look at your heads..they will say 241 and they will not be perimeter head bolt..a little better flowing..(or so they say)...go take a picture of it if u have a camera and post it up so that for the people who dont know can see a difference
    The 806 casting heads on your LS1 are indeed factory. The issue is that your motor might have a lower compression ratio (around 9.6:1) than normal depending on the factory head gasket thickness, which in some cases were changed from year to year. This link will give you a little more info http://ls1tech.com/forums/archive/in.../t-111207.html

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

that would help to understand the shitty performance

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

i don't know if I should sell my car or what..lol

black
    2002 WS6

You can't win then all, if you only bought he car to race it and build your ego, then yea sell the car to someone who will enjoy it for then just street thrashing. Our cars aren't untouchable and a little knowledge goes along way. you need experiance and to listen to the car. Are you getting wheel spin? They won't always scream and squak if they are. What were road conditions? What where your RPMS doing comparied to acelleration?

Did you you know that the power band really starts strong around 2200RPM. Where are you shifting? Is your clutch slipping? Many factors can slow the car. Big stereo system?

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    You can't win then all, if you only bought he car to race it and build your ego, then yea sell the car to someone who will enjoy it for then just street thrashing. Our cars aren't untouchable and a little knowledge goes along way. you need experiance and to listen to the car. Are you getting wheel spin? They won't always scream and squak if they are. What were road conditions? What where your RPMS doing comparied to acelleration?

Did you you know that the power band really starts strong around 2200RPM. Where are you shifting? Is your clutch slipping? Many factors can slow the car. Big stereo system?
    none that I can think of ....im gonna talk to my dad about either selling it or trading it in...i might go buy a turd gen or something lol..something thats a little cheaper to build up

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Wait so some LS1s have bad heads and are weaker then the others?

black
    2002 WS6

none that I can think of ....im gonna talk to my dad about either selling it or trading it in...i might go buy a turd gen or something lol..something thats a little cheaper to build up
    I'll fill you in on somthing I have beent he pround owner of a 02 WS6 M6 for the last three years with a few runs under my belt. Last summer I ran a Cobalt SS and G35 both were close from a combo of bad driving on my part and lack of traction from cheap tires that I have plus a slightly sandy road surface. I actually had to peddle the G35 as I started to get sideways from wheel spin in second gear.

How long have you had it? many miles? Before you give up take a good long look at the car and think about itm chances are all it needs is fuel filter (fuel starvation) and tune up and tune. If you want easy then yea sell the car and get an off the shelf POS that looks like and sounds like every other thing out there. If you want to be unique keep it and work one it. That is if you wanna get dirty and not have the parents buy you what every you want.

black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Wait so some LS1s have bad heads and are weaker then the others?
    Not that I know of, but flow numbers and compresion can vary with differnant prodution runs and updates. Thats the joy of mass production. Hence why there are so called "factory freaks" that produce more power then average. Luck of the draw.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

You'll regret selling the 'Hawk. Maybe not the day after, but believe me, you will.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I'm totally baffled by this whole mentality.
    Your going to sell something with a C5 corvette engine in it- so you can get something else?

Dude you are 18-- What do you want a Lambo? a Ferrari Enzo?

Before you go and get dumb and sell your car, so you can build up "something else".. Why don't you take it to the track and see what your ET and your mph are.

Then let someone you trust- that drives better than you, drive it and see what they can do ( Usually a father, or unlce, someone with more experience for RWD V8 power)---

Why on God's green earth would you sell a Firehawk, to get something else to "race"

If it has a major mechanical issue-- I can understand wanting to get rid of it, but then again you better disclose that to the buyer-- Karma is a biotch.
    If you disclose it as a problem you are going to lose a lot of money there, you are better off- fixing it (if there even is a problem) and hooking it up.

People put LS1s into the 10s all the time and still make it street driveable.

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Is it still illegal to shoot someone in the face?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE View Post
    You'll regret selling the 'Hawk. Maybe not the day after, but believe me, you will.
    I AGREE MAN YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CAR , ENJOY IT
    I LOVE MY CAMARO BUT A TRANS AM JUST LOOKS STRAIGHT MEAN

Black
    2009 Cobalt SS

That Firehawk just needs someone who is willing to take care of her. It's not that hard to take her to a shop and find out what's wrong with her... Ill trade you my Cavy for her since that seems to be as much HP as you can handle...

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

im also getting rid of it So I can save more money and go to college and flight school

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30 View Post
    That Firehawk just needs someone who is willing to take care of her. It's not that hard to take her to a shop and find out what's wrong with her... Ill trade you my Cavy for her since that seems to be as much HP as you can handle...

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

if you wanna sell ill gladly take that firehawk from you,that would be a dumb mistake

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I will buy it

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

anybody can take it from me..like I said..it pissed me off last night..then after I realized why I had it I began to not appreciate it..now I want to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and might can lock it up in a garage and keep the value of it. I also want to buy something thats already payed for. I want to save the moeny for school and flight school

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information