Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    I beat the guy's 300 that was wrecked by the girl he was dating. that thing was pretty fast but it could not keep up at all in the 1/8th
    Turbo lag sucks. If you can't drive/launch a turbo car properly your in trouble. The 300ZX and LT1 were very close stock to stock, so yes in many circumstances it's a drivers race. But from what i've seen over the years they are capable of 13's more regularly than our cars out of the box - no disrespect to the beloved LTx though!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I have a 300ZX TT, I need to get a friend of mine to drive it for me and race me with my LT1 and see who is faster.
    But yea I guess me and my family is rice, I have a nissan 300ZX, my mom drives a kia (for now) and my dad is about to get rid of his isuzu. I just dont see why average normal stock imports like my friends 07 SER sentra is rice, he just wants a nice looking car with 4 seats to cruize around with. So now hes a ricer?
    Pple didnt start calling the jap cars rice untill they starting to put fart can mufflers and tail lights ect. ect. and then claiming to be fast.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya I guess my family Is rice now also! My mom drives an 88 Iroc camaro, Dad has a chevy full size truck, I have a 95 Bird and a 240 So I guess I killed my families tradition!!

JwMonE99 - Would love to hear the outcome of that race! Im sure the Lt1 will pull on the 300 with the better torque.

10's N/A

Don't be too sure.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Not to take sides or anything, but I think you are taking the point waaay out of context. I don't think it should take a genius to know what us domestic guys refer to as "rice". It started out as us domestic guys referring to Asian import racers as "Rice Rockets", not women who drive mini-vans.
    Exacty. People just need to use some common sense.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea I am very curious to see my LT1 take the 300.
    My camaro did take a 300 TT a few weeks ago but I dont know what that one had.
    Mine has intake, headers, down pipe and an H-pipe sounds pretty good for what it is. and a tune but no dyno or anything, I think my 300 might be faster but I am not sure.
    Camaro only has true duels hehe

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Turbo lag sucks. If you can't drive/launch a turbo car properly your in trouble. The 300ZX and LT1 were very close stock to stock, so yes in many circumstances it's a drivers race. But from what i've seen over the years they are capable of 13's more regularly than our cars out of the box - no disrespect to the beloved LTx though!
    You are right. Now driving a 01 SS from a 92 300zx, i might know a little about this.

Turbo lag does suck. If you dont launch it right, you will either end up spinning the tires or not going anywhere until about 3500 rpm's, cuz thats about where the turbo kicks in.

There are a few problems with the 300zx...
    1. its an old car, 90-96 was the production years... for the 300xztt.
    2. It is actually a heavy car for only being a 2 seater.
    3. HICAS system

But with any turbo car, it responds well with bolt-ons. You can take a stock 300zxtt and with intake, enhaust, and chip, it would put you close to the 400hp (at the crank). I was at the track last summer, there was one TT that was runnin consistant 12.9-13.0 with intake and exhaust!

http://www.zcargarage.com/gallery.htm

check that place out. It is a local shop that I use to take my Z to, if you look up under the 300zx area, Scotts Z, now granted it is highly modified, but it gives you an idea of what these cars can do.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy View Post
    You are right. Now driving a 01 SS from a 92 300zx, i might know a little about this.

Turbo lag does suck. If you dont launch it right, you will either end up spinning the tires or not going anywhere until about 3500 rpm's, cuz thats about where the turbo kicks in.

3. HICAS system

But with any turbo car, it responds well with bolt-ons. You can take a stock 300zxtt and with intake, enhaust, and chip, it would put you close to the 400hp (at the crank). I was at the track last summer, there was one TT that was runnin consistant 12.9-13.0 with intake and exhaust!

check that place out. It is a local shop that I use to take my Z to, if you look up under the 300zx area, Scotts Z, now granted it is highly modified, but it gives you an idea of what these cars can do.
    100HP from an intake and exhaust and chip?? I think there's some exaggeration there.

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    100HP from an intake and exhaust and chip?? I think there's some exaggeration there.
    http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=78731

Im not sure if you can open this without being part of that site... but give that a try...

The second guy in there...

356.72 RWHP / 372.95 RWTQ

intake
    exhaust
    UR underdrive pulley
    Z1 downpipes & testpipes
    Z1 ECU
    Blitz SBC-iD EBC

stock injectors, ICs, and turbos

and i was talking about 100hp to the crank... not to the wheels.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

chip prolly raises the boost up a little and on a turbo'd car the exhaust flow comes into play much more vividly. heck when i was looking into dsm's the exhaust systems I was looking at were worth a proven 25-30hp at the wheels because of the need for exhaust flow

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    chip prolly raises the boost up a little and on a turbo'd car the exhaust flow comes into play much more vividly. heck when i was looking into dsm's the exhaust systems I was looking at were worth a proven 25-30hp at the wheels because of the need for exhaust flow

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=78731

Im not sure if you can open this without being part of that site... but give that a try...

The second guy in there...

356.72 RWHP / 372.95 RWTQ

intake
    exhaust
    UR underdrive pulley
    Z1 downpipes & testpipes
    Z1 ECU
    Blitz SBC-iD EBC

stock injectors, ICs, and turbos

and i was talking about 100hp to the crank... not to the wheels.

So basically they just free up the exhaust and crank up the boost.

I love how the part about the EBC with increased boost is always left out, the way you post it makes it sound like it will gain 100HP from just an intake, exhaust, and chip with stock boost. Obviously, that would never be the case.

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

So basically they just free up the exhaust and crank up the boost.

I love how the part about the EBC with increased boost is always left out, the way you post it makes it sound like it will gain 100HP from just an intake, exhaust, and chip with stock boost. Obviously, that would never be the case.
    Ya thats my bad... but yea with boost increased it helps!! =)

10's N/A

3. HICAS system

Yes those 300 tt's are very capable cars, most even forgetting how quick they are in completely stock form. With the right driver they are in every which way a solid match for an LT1, and I will continue to state that they are a little quicker stock to stock. I had numerous encounters in the mid-late '90's in my first two LT1 cars, and those cars were no joke.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Any vehicle produced by an Asian company. Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, ect.

They are all "rice".
    Common sense? Those words are very straight forward and can't be taken but ONE way.

With that being said the soccor Moms in Honda Mini vans would in fact drive rice - therefore be a ricer -- by Wesman's definition.

For someone whom I seem to butt heads with so often, especially about "ricers"-- I see it a relative topic, and I simply want to know what Wesman means when he throws that term around (rice or ricer)

It sounds to me like he don't even have a clear idea of what he means when he says it.

Once I can pin point his meaning of the slang term "rice/ ricer"- I will better equipped to converse on such topics.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Common sense? Those words are very straight forward and can't be taken but ONE way.

With that being said the soccor Moms in Honda Mini vans would in fact drive rice - therefore be a ricer -- by Wesman's definition.

For someone whom I seem to butt heads with so often, especially about "ricers"-- I see it a relative topic, and I simply want to know what Wesman means when he throws that term around (rice or ricer)

It sounds to me like he don't even have a clear idea of what he means when he says it.

Once I can pin point his meaning of the slang term "rice/ ricer"- I will better equipped to converse on such topics.
    Here you go, number 3 is the perfect definition:

Urban Dictionary: Riceburner

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Here you go, number 3 is the perfect definition:

Urban Dictionary: Riceburner
    All those cars and the 300ZX wasnt mentioned lol nor was the 240sx. But Yea I agree partially, that 95% of the "riceburners" out there are truly rice, there is that small few that keep it ok

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    All those cars and the 300ZX wasnt mentioned lol nor was the 240sx. But Yea I agree partially, that 95% of the "riceburners" out there are truly rice, there is that small few that keep it ok
    Those are just a given. Those listed are just a few examples, can't list every car in that small space.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Those are just a given. Those listed are just a few examples, can't list every car in that small space.
    Yea I know I was just messing with you

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Don't bet on Car and Driver. Those are the same guys that got 13.8 in a '98 SS 10 years ago.
    They are the best source there is. 8/98 issue the SS ran a 13.5 @ 107mph. No drag prep, no powershifting.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information