Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Si wants some

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    How would the cobalt SS do against an LT1,
    I think they run a 14.4 1/4 mile. Another fun race that you would probably win.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Sweet, well maybe this bitch of a race will go down on sunday

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

Sweet, well maybe this bitch of a race will go down on sunday
    yes and let us know. it is actually amazing how many rice burners have no a/c , heat, or even power steering. The whole power steering thing that they take off to save weight and 1 less pulley to spin just blows my mind.

Black
    1994 Z28 SOLD 2000 GT

There have been very few Cobalt SSs in the 13s but it is possible. I would look to run a SI before considering one of those.

With a pulley swap they are going to walk you.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    yes and let us know. it is actually amazing how many rice burners have no a/c , heat, or even power steering. The whole power steering thing that they take off to save weight and 1 less pulley to spin just blows my mind.
    Yea but omg they gain soo much from it, im not really sure if the V8s gain that much from A/C removal but I am sure it helps. I remember when my friend first got an older CRX Si, first thing he did was remove the A/C and his car responded a lot. Very noticeable. That was back when I had the V6 camaro, I would use to beat him by like 2 bus-lengths, and after the a/c removal I can only beat him by a few car lengths. So yea its a great "mod" for the CRXs

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yea but omg they gain soo much from it, im not really sure if the V8s gain that much from A/C removal but I am sure it helps. I remember when my friend first got an older CRX Si, first thing he did was remove the A/C and his car responded a lot. Very noticeable. That was back when I had the V6 camaro, I would use to beat him by like 2 bus-lengths, and after the a/c removal I can only beat him by a few car lengths. So yea its a great "mod" for the CRXs
    Thats a factor of motor size.

The engine is so small, that turning the AC compressor takes a large portion of the engine's total output. However, with the A/C off, the clutch should be freewheeling, which create almost no drag at all. So maybe his A/C clutch was seized up or something.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

A friend of mine has an 07 Civic Si 6 speed.
    Almost completely gutted out with full exhuast not just a muffler, and CAI and header.
    All I have is a stock M6 LT1. Normally I would say I would rape him but I dont know, I dont know much about the 07 Sis, I think they have like 200 crank hp stock? How much do they weight from factory? He is really sure he will win and he wouldnt be THAT much slower then me stock, I have a low 14 sec car and his is high 14s right?
    Thanks for the input

this is the 06 model so i dont know if there is a deffrence but this is wut i found

[/QUOTE]
    The normally aspirated, 2.0-liter mill makes 197 horsepower at 7800 rpm and 139 lb.ft. of torque at 6100 rpm. A high revver, you say? That’s for sure. This 16-valve, dual overhead cam, normally aspirated, Multi-Point fuel injected engine is CARB certified as LEV2 (Low Emissions Vehicle). Honda’s iVTEC™ valve control system uses cams with 2 profiles to maximize low end and high end efficiency. Compression ratio is 11:1. Of course, with that high compression premium fuel is recommended. With modest torque the low-end grunt is less than impressive, but get her over 4500 and feel the fun. There’s something exciting and race-car-like about driving at higher revs all the time.

The Civic Si weighs less than 3,000 pounds and EPA estimates are 23 mpg in the city and 32 highway. The fuel tank holds 13.2 gallons and I only got about 300 miles on the first tank of fuel before the warning light came on. I’m guessing I was at the lower end of the mileage scale since I was running her hard. I believe, in my heart of hearts, that the Civic Si will be great fun even driving gently and I’m going to try very hard in the next couple of days to check that out. It ain’t easy though.[/QUOTE]

full reveiw at http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...14/011248.html

hope thatwill help.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

3 pages of reading this post im ready to line up with this dude. GITTER DUN and film it to plz.
    Last edited by t-rock; 02-17-2008 at 09:49 AM.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

a fully gutted civic. with headers back and a CAI i think it would be a great race.

silver
    2002 ws6

civic has no chance

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    a fully gutted civic. with headers back and a CAI i think it would be a great race.
    yea if he races the civic in reverse.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

DAMN, suppose to meet up to race again today, but guess what? Another rainy day...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Next time race him from a 20mph roll on three honks. That way no one can say they got a bad start.

Come back and tell us what happens.

You should win, but I've heard of one new SI that beat a Cobalt SS, so it should be a fun race if your LT1 is completely stock.
    Never seen that before.

All the Si vs SS S/C races I've seen the Si gets walked pretty hard. Then again, the SS S/C is putting down the same HP at the wheels that its rated at the crank.

Thread Information