Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I hate... HATE the sound those Nissan engines make. And they stick it in everything. The FX SUVs, the G35, the Maxima, the Z...

So annoying.

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

I am getting a G35 awd sedan for my wife. I've been looking at them for awhile now. They are great cars just not LS1 fast.

lt4ever
    The Acura TL is also suppose to be comparable to the G35 in power. The Acura is front wheel drive and suggests a power rating of 270 for the automatic and slightly more in the manual version. But there's nothing like bitch-slapping a guy in some luxury car who thinks he's the sh!t juz cuz he spent over $35k on a car and then handing him his ass as you beat him... to bad it didn't happen in this case, but we all knew which is the better performance car!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    On my way down Route 9 North, headed towards Home Depot last night.... when this White Infinity G35 speeds up along side of me. Guy's looking over, hitting, then letting off of the throttle repeatedly. Obviously trying to show off in front of his girlfriend, who were both looking over trying to see through my tint. I wasn't biting though.

Although he couldn't see me, he was in fact able to see my head turn towards him... as I glanced over to check out his ride. The schmuck, he used that opportunity to smirk at me (he knew I was now looking), then said something to his girlfriend, who started laughing out loud. He then punched it, and left me helpless, trapped, behind some mom in her minivan....

Alright now, it was on. F-Body pride is much too great, I couldn't just leave it at that. I slammed the accelerator, then forced my way over two lanes to the left. I could see that the traffic light was about a quarter of a mile away, and it was already red, with the G35 now lying in wait in the middle lane. As fate would have it, there was absolutely nobody in front of me. I slowly started creeping my way up over on his immediate left. Heh, the two of them were already looking over in anticipation....

It was freezing out last night, and I desperately wanted to heat the tires before I launched... but not only were we in a safe corridor, I already finished paying off a speeding ticket that I got not too log ago (this is what paranoia will do to ya). With my right hand trembling as it lightly grasped the emergency brake I decided, "the hell with it, tires should hold just fine".

The delayed green was just about finished for other traffic on the cross street, when I suddenly heard the guy's engine starting to rev. Although my LS1 is completely bone stock, I've taken out about a dozen of these cars over the summer. Let him impress his clueless girlfriend, hehe, victory is only a few seconds away....

Suddenly BAM,the light turns green, and I caught the Infinity's nose catch the corner of my eye. With no time to waste, I floored it (cardinal sin).... and immediately broke loose. Car started going sideways, but despite this, I still stayed neck and neck with him. Realizing now that I had no freaking choice, I had to ease up so I could catch. I let go of the accelerator, and he started pulling away. I finally caught, and with the LS1 now gaining momentum... I started reeling him in. But of course, I see his brake lights go on, as if to say, "point was made, race is over".

"Shit", I thought to myself, "Damn it"! Hey, a win's a win, and I'll admit, he won. But what was pissing me off all night long, was, I hope he realizes that he won because I broke loose. Heh, I'm sure he knows, but his girlfriend doesn't have a clue. I'm sure he plans on keeping it that way, too.

Oh well, I lost...
    A GTO or Z06 would kill him......

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2000LS1
    A GTO or Z06 would kill him......
    The Trans Am would have killed him, had it hooked that night. I'm not worried though, as come next spring, I don't think there will be any real competiton out there anyways....

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
    Since when did nissan put AWD on their G35/maxima sedans? I don't think Nissan ever offered such an option. I'll go make a post on the nissan/infinity forums but i'm 99% sure that G35's do not have an AWD option.
    You lose! My sister has a 2005 G35 sedan (4 door) with AWD! Her car doesn't have the power that mine does, but hers hooks up well. Traction and putting the power where it counts makes all the difference in the world.....

lt4ever
    Is the coupe a 2 door and the sedan a 4 door? What's the difference between the coupe and sedan?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

race it from a 20mph 1st gear roll, thats when i can fully hook with my 275 streets nothing stands a chance once we hit third gear(m6's anyways).
    Last edited by ss~zoso~ss; 12-27-2005 at 02:52 PM.
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Member since 2001

Pewter
    Nice runs, I live near the Home Depot on 9 in Howell

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

coupe's are 2 door and sedan are 4 doors.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by lt4ever
    Is the coupe a 2 door and the sedan a 4 door? What's the difference between the coupe and sedan?
    JSO2 is quite right. Nissan=commoner's vehicle Infiniti=higher priced spread. Actually, Infiniti is the luxury / high bucks division of Nissan. Infiniti has both a coupe and sedan in the G35 line: Nissan 350Z = Infiniti G35 coupe. My sister's G35 AWD sedan is probably equivalent to the Nissan Altima sedan; I don't get the feeling that it's the luxury equivalent of the Maxima because of it's size. It just doesn't seem to be as large or feel as large as a Maxima. However, it does have an all-aluminum 285 HP engine, not too shabby for a stock Japanese car. I don't call it a ricer because it's not riced-out, just a nice stock everyday driver APPLIANCE - rides nice but driving it is uninspiring.
    Last edited by Fastcar; 12-27-2005 at 08:35 PM.

lt4ever
    Would you say that the Maxima SL = an overpriced G35 sedan?

The 2004 & up Maxima is rated at 265 hp (which is 15hp more than the Altima) and MSRP is $27,500 while the 2005 G35 sedan with manual transmission is rated at 298hp and MSRP is $32,750. Is 35hp worth $5,000?... But the G35 AWD sedan rated at only rated at 280hp. So is 15hp plus AWD worth $5,000?

lt4ever
    wait a minute... wait a minute... this is LS1.com not nissan.com.... sorry got caught up in the conversation. Didn't mean to hijack this dudes post.

Red
    1997 Camaro SS

The max has some options that need to be added to be comperable to the G35. The Max is also a front wheel drive car with it's pluses and minuses. The difference in price between the two cars comperabley equipped is not much. The G35 is a much better handling car than the front drive Max.

97 SS Camaro M6

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by JS02
    The max has some options that need to be added to be comperable to the G35. The Max is also a front wheel drive car with it's pluses and minuses. The difference in price between the two cars comperabley equipped is not much. The G35 is a much better handling car than the front drive Max.

97 SS Camaro M6
    JS02's right on the money again - but (giving credit where it's due) while they're nice cars to me they're not, as Pontiac puts it, "Food for the soul". I have a deep dark confession to make: I once owned a 1985 Supra (purchased new) and I have a 4Runner for the bad weather when I can't take out the T/A. I love driving my T/A and it gets more looks & respect than my Supra ever did....BUT, I have to admit that my (stock) Supra handled far better than my (stock suspension) T/A does but I'm going to make some improvements in that area. I was considering buying a 350Z but I went with the T/A because I like the car's styling and nothing else quite kicks a** like an LS1. Now, no more talk about the other side of the world!

lt4ever
    sorry, but I just have to interject this, but FastCar brought back old memories. I once owned an '85 (i think) Celica GT. That was a fun sporty little car with a low power to weight ratio which made it much more nimble in the twisties than compared to the "Cadillac" Firebird I'm driving now. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Memories (or is it mammories? 8-) )

Quote Originally Posted by lt4ever
    sorry, but I just have to interject this, but FastCar brought back old memories. I once owned an '85 (i think) Celica GT. That was a fun sporty little car with a low power to weight ratio which made it much more nimble in the twisties than compared to the "Cadillac" Firebird I'm driving now. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!
    Yeah, brings back old memories... the difference between your car & mine was that you had a 4 cylinder & I had an inline 6. Nice car.... 'til a dumba** soccer mom cut me off pulling out of a side street right in front of me. Couldn't stop in time, smashed her Buick's driver front side but her road cruiser totalled me out. Walked away without a scratch though - car took care of me til the very end.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Fuel for the soul

lt4ever
    My Celica GT met the grim reaper one dark night driving down an expressway when some drunk a-hole crashed into an abandoned car and pushed the abondoned car into the expressway lane I was traveling. Shitty head lights and no overhead street lamps made me plow thru it. That 4 cyliner engine was practically sitting in my lap. I walked away from it a little dazed & dilerious, but nothing major. The cop told me he thought it was a miracle I was even alive, b/c the car was so badly crumpled in the front end that it was only about 2 feet from my windsheild to the front bumber.

Thread Information