Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Black
    00 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    y not is a more appropriate question

-me
    Yep, I agree.....this is a cool project.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

TransAm11973

i just dont get it? why not just sell the lumina and buy another f-body. Just seems to be a waste of time to me. Dont get me wrong, I totally respect your abilities to do what your doing, but I just dont get why a lumina or why do this at all?
    Greetings ?

I respect everyones opinions, I don't agree with them but nevertheless respect them. If you seen my other F body in the Drive way you know I already got one. The Lumina I've owned since it was a 1 year old. I always like the Styling of the Car but the Drivetrain was weak. The WS6 was a Salvage Title, is your car a Salvage Car? I doubt it, most people would not Drive a Salvage Car, Most Insurance Companies don't like them, Resale Values are Poor at Best, and Lastly there are Tons of T/A's and Z28's out there. My Lumina has a Clean CarFax title, not that I want to Sell it but the Car is Clean. Growing Up my Dad told me countless stories of "Sleepers", Sleepers get a Lot of Attention at Car Shows. They get even more attention after Dusting someones Doors. Do You want to be the Guy that gets beat by a Lumina? Neither do I, There are countless stories of Fast F bodies, ever ran a Bad Ass W-Body? I guess I have no other reasons, that's why in a nutshell.

New Decal being Designed by a Lady in MI:

Here for the free beer Nestromo's Avatar

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

I sure as hell don't want to get beat by a Lumina. But if I was, I'd be all thumbs up and grinns about it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Z34LS1 View Post

New Decal being Designed by a Lady in MI:
    Click for full size
    Screw that, brother. A lot of work like that diserves a good looking emblem. Let me know when you want to make a classy looking, one-off badge.

www.thirdshiftstudios.com/car-emblems

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Wow man great project! I love the look of the luminas of those years too. It would be badass to whip some donuts in that car, or enter it into a burnout competition. Watch everyone laugh as you pull up, then melt the freakin tires off! Depending on the quality of your build this has magazine potential!

BTW great job on that quarter panel looks great in the pics. Can't wait to see the rest of the build and the finished project.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

third_shift|studios I will give you a call.

Wow man great project! I love the look of the luminas of those years too. It would be badass to whip some donuts in that car, or enter it into a burnout competition. Watch everyone laugh as you pull up, then melt the freakin tires off! Depending on the quality of your build this has magazine potential!
    Man are you in my Brain? Magazine potential? I highly doubt it...lol

This is a Budget Build at best, the Car will mprobably never be worth what it takes to make it, (that's not including my time). This is just so I can say I did it, and it works. I hope to get lots of enjoyment from this car, making peoples heads turn has always been easy for me in my Z28, now it's the Lumina's turn.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

[B]

Man are you in my Brain? Magazine potential? I highly doubt it...lol

This is a Budget Build at best, the Car will mprobably never be worth what it takes to make it, (that's not including my time). This is just so I can say I did it, and it works. I hope to get lots of enjoyment from this car, making peoples heads turn has always been easy for me in my Z28, now it's the Lumina's turn.
    Haha, i'm actually looking for a lumina like that for a dd cuz i like them so much.

Too bad you couldn't get a sponsor or something to help you put a sweet interior and paint job on that. It's different and i think it will get a lot of attention from lsx owners and lumina owners....

1966 Corvette Coupe

look at how much attention the Civette is getting... and im much more impressed with this lil bad boy that i am that thing...

-me

Here for the free beer Nestromo's Avatar

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

I would like to see a Lumina as the LS1.com car of the month.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Hey Nestromo it would have to be a Really nice one to achieve a Spot here. Third Shift Studios car is Awesome, as is Jezzebel, I'm not even close to those cars and I doubt a Lumina would be featured here unless it was sporting a RWD and potent V8 up front. The responses above have really got me thinking about my Interior, Do I want it Finished, or should I go with a Cage and Sheet metal? Decisions Decisions....Luckily I got a few months till I get to that point.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Hey Nestromo it would have to be a Really nice one to achieve a Spot here. Third Shift Studios car is Awesome, as is Jezzebel, I'm not even close to those cars and I doubt a Lumina would be featured here unless it was sporting a RWD and potent V8 up front. The responses above have really got me thinking about my Interior, Do I want it Finished, or should I go with a Cage and Sheet metal? Decisions Decisions....Luckily I got a few months till I get to that point.
    Wait now i am confused...R u saying the car is not going to be rear wheel drive? And i thought you were putting an LS1 into it

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Wait now i am confused...R u saying the car is not going to be rear wheel drive? And i thought you were putting an LS1 into it
    No your not Confused at all. Remember I did not have to put it in, I never took it out. I was merely saying that the only way I think a Lumina could win COM is if it had a V8 and RWD. This sites dedicated to LSx's, so I would think that would be a requirement of the Winner. I don't think my car will be worthy of being a COM. COM cars set the stage. My car won't have that high end paint job or killer Interior, it's just gonna be a sleeper.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

this is cool as hell. . . unique and awesome project. I think you should finish out the interior and everything. . . nothin too crazy, just clean lookin. and maybe put it back absolutely original as possible on the outside for your sleeper look (and since the car means so much to you). i know you say its a budget build, but, with time and a lot of seachin for good deals, a budget build can still look bad ass, especially since your a do-it-yourselfer.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

No your not Confused at all. Remember I did not have to put it in, I never took it out. I was merely saying that the only way I think a Lumina could win COM is if it had a V8 and RWD. This sites dedicated to LSx's, so I would think that would be a requirement of the Winner. I don't think my car will be worthy of being a COM. COM cars set the stage. My car won't have that high end paint job or killer Interior, it's just gonna be a sleeper.
    So you are going to have an LS1 and RWD? Sorry i feel retarted here. IF thats the case than you might get cotm.

Any way if you can't afford a custom interior just put in the old lumina interior or the t/a interior or a mix of both. It should still turn out nice. The whole cage thing would be cool for the strip, but dude, i think you will get a lot of attention with this build if you make it a nice street car. Also it will be more of a sleeper for people on the road.

So are you going to apply for a reconstructed title? And which title will you use, the t/a or the lumina?

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

The Chassis is a 98 WS6 Formula TA, with all of it's running Gear. That means LS1, 4 Speed Automatic, It has a Traction Control System, ABS, and every Option that was Available. I have both Titles, here in Indiana I need not Apply for an Altered Title in any way shape or form. We have No State Inspection, there is a Noise Ordinance, and the Police don't put up with much BS. I went to the BMV with both Titles and Explained my build to the Branch Manager, here the Exterior of the car is what is important. I need to retain both titles. That's it, So I plate it and Insure it as a Lumina. If I chose to Sell it the Manager recommend that Both Titles be Transferred to the New Owner, that way if the Car is moved out of State and needs to go through a Police or State Inspection the new Owner would have both Titles.
    The TA serial number is located in many spots on the Chassis as well as the Dash(but it's covered), The Lumina has 4 Stickers on it's Body, and the Vin in the Dash. First time I get pulled over I'll find out what the Police say, locally with the city Cops I won't have a problem, two of them have been over checking it out. We're a Pretty small town here, most everyone knows everyone.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Hey Gullet I may see you at the Strip. Muncie has the closest Drag Strip to me, they Feature weekly events, 1/8th and 1/4 mile.

my dad has a 50 ford pickup he put on a 76 ford pickup 4WD frame w/drivetrain. . . its still titled as a 50 ford . . . im in indiana too

Hey Gullet I may see you at the Strip. Muncie has the closest Drag Strip to me, they Feature weekly events, 1/8th and 1/4 mile.
    hell yeah i usually go wednesday nite and watch test and tune and the trophy races. what city you in? im really in selma/parker city, east of muncie . . . but im close enough to the strip that you can here it some nites

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

The Chassis is a 98 WS6 Formula TA, with all of it's running Gear. That means LS1, 4 Speed Automatic, It has a Traction Control System, ABS, and every Option that was Available. I have both Titles, here in Indiana I need not Apply for an Altered Title in any way shape or form. We have No State Inspection, there is a Noise Ordinance, and the Police don't put up with much BS. I went to the BMV with both Titles and Explained my build to the Branch Manager, here the Exterior of the car is what is important. I need to retain both titles. That's it, So I plate it and Insure it as a Lumina. If I chose to Sell it the Manager recommend that Both Titles be Transferred to the New Owner, that way if the Car is moved out of State and needs to go through a Police or State Inspection the new Owner would have both Titles.
    The TA serial number is located in many spots on the Chassis as well as the Dash(but it's covered), The Lumina has 4 Stickers on it's Body, and the Vin in the Dash. First time I get pulled over I'll find out what the Police say, locally with the city Cops I won't have a problem, two of them have been over checking it out. We're a Pretty small town here, most everyone knows everyone.
    Lucky you no inspection...I may live there one day. Thanks for the info...

NBM
    99 TA

awesome build!
    don't listen to the haters... that thing will be the coolest sleeper ever when it's done!

as for the interior, my vote goes to cleaning up the lumina interior and putting it in (if it will still fit together the same after all your customizing)
    Maybe integrate parts of the Formula interior as well, seats etc.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information