Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    incorrect. if you both left at the same time, the only way you could be ahead is if you could out 60ft him.
    NO, you're incorrect. At the track I would be accelerating faster to about 50 mph until he stops my pull at 50-60ish. Then 60ish and above he would start to reel me back in crossing the line at the same time, me finishing at 80-81mph him at 83ish. (Technically I would "out 60' him" plus some...till mid to 3/4s of the track).

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    NO, you're incorrect. At the track I would be accelerating faster to about 50 mph until he stops my pull at 50-60ish. Then 60ish and above he would start to reel me back in crossing the line at the same time, me finishing at 80-81mph him at 83ish. (Technically I would "out 60' him" plus some...till mid to 3/4s of the track).
    i dont uderstand why u think u will out accel. me none of the others did and i just dropped the 4.10 gears in so i will be in my powerband even quicker

i understand u have a truck that should get better hook but at the same time you have less cubes and are relying on a supercharger which u have to bring up to boost or it does nothing therefore at low rpms that thing isnt putting out much hp

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i tend to think the things have a better chance on the top end where there charger is at full boost and my car is dying for air, thats where they start catching up, but the race is already over

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    i dont uderstand why u think u will out accel. me none of the others did and i just dropped the 4.10 gears in so i will be in my powerband even quicker

i understand u have a truck that should get better hook but at the same time you have less cubes and are relying on a supercharger which u have to bring up to boost or it does nothing therefore at low rpms that thing isnt putting out much hp
    You need to drive a lightning. Its not a turbo... It has NO lag. It has RAW low RPM acceleration!!! I kinda thought the same way you did when I had my LS1. Until I drove a L. Drive an 03 or 04 though.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

You need to drive a lightning. Its not a turbo... It has NO lag. It has RAW low RPM acceleration!!! I kinda thought the same way you did when I had my LS1. Until I drove a L. Drive an 03 or 04 though.
    i have driven my brothers cobra several times and it stills has a second where it lags and then the charger kicks in

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

But the L has low end torque equivalent to a Freakin diesel truck!!!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

superchargers have no lag

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

anyways im done arguing im not a keyboard racer and ill be glad to accomodate you with a place to stay if you would like to come see for yourself

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Sounds good to me.....

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    superchargers have no lag
    not really lag but they have points where they are not at full boost
    when you floor it you can feel the boost come on separately some times at lower rpms

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

the only time i might have any sort of boost lag on mine would be if im chugging at about 1800 rpms in a gear and it takes about 300rpm to be at full boost. maybe your brothers boost gauge is lagging.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    the only time i might have any sort of boost lag on mine would be if im chugging at about 1800 rpms in a gear and it takes about 300rpm to be at full boost. maybe your brothers boost gauge is lagging.
    thats pretty much it but you can feel it and i know when i car next to you floors it that can feel like an eternity

not really lag but they have points where they are not at full boost
    when you floor it you can feel the boost come on separately some times at lower rpms

No.

You cant feel anything.You might feel it downshift.

Hell you woudnt even know there was a supercharger there if you didnt hear it.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

thats pretty much it but you can feel it and i know when i car next to you floors it that can feel like an eternity
    not really. im talking 6th gear on going like 50mph.

in regular driving mine will hit 13# INSTANTLY when its floored, and build to 14-15#'s @ 4000rpm or so.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i doubt you want to tell me i'm incorrect. back when i had a completely stock motor with 3.73 gears and 3400 stall.
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....006/mrr231.wmv
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i doubt you want to tell me i'm incorrect. back when i had a completely stock motor with 3.73 gears and 3400 stall.
    thank u ,nice car btw

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

You are TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT!!!(nice vid btw) 1.) You are running slicks. (read my post where I said "Are you running slicks?") Slicks change the whole equation! 2.) The lightning was ASLEEP at the tree. (I said "IF" the cars leave at the SAME TIME...) 3.) Your car is probably a mid to low 8 sec. car (1/8 mile) His car just has a lid and cat back with STREET TIRES. and its an M6 so it's a lot harder to get off the line compared to my truck. I bet you also had LT's, cat back or dumps and some sort of a tune. (this equation just keeps on changing) 4.) You are probably a really good driver also. So really your video is pointless.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

You are TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT!!!(nice vid btw) 1.) You are running slicks. (read my post where I said "Are you running slicks?") Slicks change the whole equation! 2.) The lightning was ASLEEP at the tree. (I said "IF" the cars leave at the SAME TIME...) 3.) Your car is probably a mid to low 8 sec. car (1/8 mile) His car just has a lid and cat back with STREET TIRES. and its an M6 so it's a lot harder to get off the line compared to my truck. I bet you also had LT's, cat back or dumps and some sort of a tune. (this equation just keeps on changing) 4.) You are probably a really good driver also. So really your video is pointless.
    no not pointless just more to the fact that unless u tree me or your truck is just simply faster that A CAR CAN OUT 60' A TRUCK

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

no not pointless just more to the fact that unless u tree me or your truck is just simply faster that A CAR CAN OUT 60' A TRUCK
    I have NO idea what you just said.

Thread Information