Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Good thing crown vics top out @ 132

I was on my way home from the broads house and I was going about 100mph. I came around a curve and there was a statey. My initial reaction was let off the throttle but i was going 100 and as soon as I cam around the turn he put his lights on. At that point I panicked and mashed the throttle. Mainly because I thought i would lose my lisence for going 45 over the limit. Next thing i knew i had the speedo @ 155. I keep looking in the mirror and the lights are just getting farther and farther away. Luckily I got around a large curve and was coming up on triple split and I went the way i would normally go home and was out of his sight before he came around the curve. So i killed a police interceptor crown vic. Do you think he had his car topped out? Or did he not pursue because of the high speeds? Also the speedo in our cars goes to 155 if you go over 155 will the needle go past 155 or will it stay there. I could have sworn i was still accelerating but the needle wasn't going past 155.

You are a genius!

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    I was on my way home from the broads house and I was going about 100mph. I came around a curve and there was a statey. My initial reaction was let off the throttle but i was going 100 and as soon as I cam around the turn he put his lights on. At that point I panicked and mashed the throttle. Mainly because I thought i would lose my lisence for going 45 over the limit. Next thing i knew i had the speedo @ 155. I keep looking in the mirror and the lights are just getting farther and farther away. Luckily I got around a large curve and was coming up on triple split and I went the way i would normally go home and was out of his sight before he came around the curve. So i killed a police interceptor crown vic. Do you think he had his car topped out? Or did he not pursue because of the high speeds? Also the speedo in our cars goes to 155 if you go over 155 will the needle go past 155 or will it stay there. I could have sworn i was still accelerating but the needle wasn't going past 155.
    Depending upon your gear ratio you can go faster than 155 but I have 3.23's and mine is dyno verified at 155ish top end. The 2.73's can go higher but you have to have some decent mods to allow for the motor to rev high enough.

In either case, I would let ur car lay low for a while. Its not particularly a good thing that you just outran a state patrol car.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

hahahaha thats great . . . i had a buddy in a 96 z try to out run a cop like that on the interstate at like 3 in the morn. he was drunk and said he had her up to 140-150. he said the cop disappeared so my buddy got off an exit. and when he was almost home he saw headlights and cop lights turn on right on his ass. he thinks the cop was followin him with no headlights the whole time . . pretty funny story except he got his license taken away and he had to sell the z lol

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

I know the car can go faster than 155. My question was does the speedo stop at 155, or will it go past the 155 mark and keep going. Kind of like when you fill your gas tank and the needle goes past the full mark.

Anyway I don't know what i was thinking because i normally pull over. But it was 100 in a 55 so i panicked. There was maybe one car i passed the whole time. I did 155 then slowed to 95 at the split and then back up to 155 no problem. I was surprised how well the car handled the whole time.

I won't be driving my car for a while, it's snowing here now and I won't take it out. I have a POS isuzu trooper for dd. But the brake lights don't light up when you brake so i'm gonna get pulled over in that eventually anyway.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    You are a genius!
    That's me.

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

ya i was doin 90 the other day in my T/A and passed one of those big suburban statey's and i have a terrible record so i almost punched it cuz those things gotta only b able to 90 or 100 and ive hit 150 in my car and she had plenty more but unfortunately i pulled over and got 85 in a 70 so well see what happens
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Yea after i gunned it i was like WTF am i doing. And he knew i was on it cuz my exhaust is loud.

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

ya my exhaust is loud as fuck plus i knew i could outrun the one suburban but you cant outrun the motorola radios

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak1 View Post
    Depending upon your gear ratio you can go faster than 155 but I have 3.23's and mine is dyno verified at 155ish top end. The 2.73's can go higher but you have to have some decent mods to allow for the motor to rev high enough.
    If you had the power to pull through...your top speed in 4th gear is 209MPH. 3.23's and A4 redlining at 6200RPM's
    2.73 would be 248MPH.

Of course, you won't EVER see that. Even with all the power in the world in our cars. At least not in a streetable version.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    If you had the power to pull through...your top speed in 4th gear is 209MPH. 3.23's and A4 redlining at 6200RPM's
    2.73 would be 248MPH.

Of course, you won't EVER see that. Even with all the power in the world in our cars. At least not in a streetable version.
    I wasn't factoring the speed you could hit if there was no drag coefficient.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

I know the car can go faster than 155. My question was does the speedo stop at 155, or will it go past the 155 mark and keep going. Kind of like when you fill your gas tank and the needle goes past the full mark.

Anyway I don't know what i was thinking because i normally pull over. But it was 100 in a 55 so i panicked. There was maybe one car i passed the whole time. I did 155 then slowed to 95 at the split and then back up to 155 no problem. I was surprised how well the car handled the whole time.

I won't be driving my car for a while, it's snowing here now and I won't take it out. I have a POS isuzu trooper for dd. But the brake lights don't light up when you brake so i'm gonna get pulled over in that eventually anyway.
    Hopefully the state troopers don't have the common sense to check car forums after something like this happens. If they do, it won't be hard to find you. You probably shouldn't be bragging about this.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I have ran once, and it was on my bike. It was a huge rush, but I dont want to do it again. Glad to hear you got away.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I outran cops before in my 300ZX, thank god for nissan and their handling hehe

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Damn thats nuts that happend to me while racing a friend in his Mustang, cop flips a bitch and goes after the cloesest car to him.....Thank god I went with a TA and not a slow ass GT lol.....So stuid tho and never agin unless im on my death bed or something haha !

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Damn thats nuts that happend to me while racing a friend in his Mustang, cop flips a bitch and goes after the cloesest car to him.....Thank god I went with a TA and not a slow ass GT lol.....So stuid tho and never agin unless im on my death bed or something haha !
    ya i was racing a sloobalt SS my first week up here at school and somehow there was a cop behind us he also went for the slow car. i booked it into a sidestreet and switched drivers cuz i had a full car and wasnt allowed to drive people

restricted liscense

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

SS=Super Slow lol ok im lame.....

well glad nothing serious happened. and I hope you waved at him, last encounter I had I got hit by a laser going 100 in a 50. I drew a blank so I threw him a wave, his facial expression was priceless. I didn't floor it though I just took the next offramp around the bend and went and hung out at the local speed shop for a good half hour. best part was when I finally got back on the highway I passed the same trooper going the opposite direction and all he did is point at me. I love divided highways..

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    Hopefully the state troopers don't have the common sense to check car forums after something like this happens. If they do, it won't be hard to find you. You probably shouldn't be bragging about this.
    You watch too many movies...

Quote Originally Posted by pocheasy View Post
    well glad nothing serious happened. and I hope you waved at him, last encounter I had I got hit by a laser going 100 in a 50. I drew a blank so I threw him a wave, his facial expression was priceless. I didn't floor it though I just took the next offramp around the bend and went and hung out at the local speed shop for a good half hour. best part was when I finally got back on the highway I passed the same trooper going the opposite direction and all he did is point at me. I love divided highways..
    Lol thats cool. Some cops are lazy, he may have been an f-bod owner.

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

this thread is too funny. in high school, my buddy out-ran a cop in his z28. so when i was speeding in my 1989 ford tempo (i was doing 60 in what i thought was a 40) and a cop swung a u-turn when i passed so i put the hammer down to make my get away. i know, i know, in a ford tempo!?!i ducked into a housing development and tried to speed away. i probably kept going for about a good minute until he was right on my tail so then i pulled over. he wasnt too happy and asked why i was running. he then searched my car and let me go with a warning.

Thread Information