Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Hauling ass...in my garage.
    Click for full size

did you catch yours on the sweep?
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You are hit with a sudden, should I floor it or stop question which burns in your brain for a long time. It is now or never. Once you floor it, you have to do some death defying stunts that have a 90% chance of putting you in your grave. Or suck it up, puss out, and take the massive ticket.

In my 01 Cobra the same thing happened. Coming from my ex's house one Sunday morning, a drive I knew like the back of my hand, had taken it many times not going under 100 mph for any curves. Lo and behold I come around a curve, not really killing it, but making about 90 or so, and there was a Trooper in the distance coming in the opposite direction. It was a straightaway for about a mile, and I knew he already had me clocked. He had even pulled off the road waiting for me to pass before I had even got there.

I was given the perfect opportunity to smoke the shit out of a Trooper on a practically deserted road, one that I could easily leave his ass and be at the house in 10 minutes if I topped out on the two straightaways.

I pussed out and pulled over and received an 80 in a 55. The guy turned out to be pretty cool, asking me about my car and what SVT means. Still don't know if I made the right decision. But hey, so many things could have went wrong. What if the cop had gotten killed chasing me and they would have my plates on the cops video? What if someone would have pulled out in front of me, a family going to church? I had to run two stop signs to make it free and clear. Which is pretty damn dangerous anyway.

If it would have been a deserted highway, I prolly would have taken my chances, but in that instance I thought discretion was the better part of valor.

I have outrun a cop before on a Banshee, almost flipped it twice, man what a heart-pounding thrill. But still, it was one of those "man am I glad I ain't dead" feelings. Plus he chased me down a dirt road, and I fishtailed it all the way down so he couldn't see shit. I could barely see his lights in all the dust.

Sure, it was a crazy good feeling, adrenaline pumping so hard I couldn't stop shaking, but I didn't want to do it again.
    Last edited by Roastem; 12-07-2007 at 12:48 PM.

gold
    1992 nissan 240

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I outran cops before in my 300ZX, thank god for nissan and their handling hehe
    ya i outran the state boys in my nissan too it will proly happen more after o get my ls1 tho lol

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    did you catch yours on the sweep?
    Nope.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    ...........and was coming up on triple split........
    Was it the 322, Airport, 81 split?
    Sounds like some

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

when I was a teen I outrun (well got away lol) from the cops in a 1980 honda civic that wouldnt do a lick over 95 mph. arrested the next day on my job

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Sounds like some
    Small world....I work in Middletown and know exactly what you're talking about. unless it's late I don't think I could get away from a cop on that road, I think what I would try to do if it were late and I were the type to run is hit 81 north, then try to get one of the exits out towards hershey/lebanon and hit all the back roads.

400hp evo + twisty PA backroads = I win

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Sounds like some
    I was heading to harrisburg from Carlisle on 81, got to the split that you are talking about, the statey was still on the bridge when i took 322 towards my exit. You know where it's at i met you that morning before we headed to the drag strip. I had passed the trooped on 81 when i was three lanes and you can see the patriot news building on the right hand side. I had that nice straight away, then the bridge straight away, and then 322 is pretty straight. It was nice having three lanes to do it in, an i only passed one car on 322.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

It was nice having three lanes to do it in, an i only passed one car on 322.
    Bet you he messed in his pants went you flew by him

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

my neighbor is a cop and said his buddy clocked his magnum (cop car) at 147mph when he let off and says he can take my firehawk but wont race me. dont worry i keep my salt shaker handy. i think the crown vics are good for 140-150 but depending on what part of the country your in and the sargent on duty depends on what speeds the cop can go. if you had robbed a bank or killed someone you might have seen what that crown vic could do. i was on a dirtbike in the street when a cop saw me i dipped off in the woods and it wasnt much of a chase.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

im not sure where i heard it, it may have been on here that crown vics top out at 132. I think it was another kill story about some kid that was runnin. When he pulled over the cop asked him how fast he was going because the cop had his pinned at 132. The reason he got caught was because another trooper was waiting for him at an over pass ahead of him so he pulled over...

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Motor trend tested one of those magnum cop cars, and with all that extra stuff they were slow as hell. Not as slow as the Vics, but you will have no problem leaving one with a stock LS1. That is, as long as you don't have 700 lbs of stereo equipment in the back.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Motor trend tested one of those magnum cop cars, and with all that extra stuff they were slow as hell. Not as slow as the Vics, but you will have no problem leaving one with a stock LS1. That is, as long as you don't have 700 lbs of stereo equipment in the back.
    And if i remember correctly the article said all it would take was a miata to outrun a crown vic

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

A miata?! I know a crown vic can accelerate faster than a miata, but it might not top out as high.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

yeah, i looked it up it was the 06 mx-5 that they used against the crown vic. The MX-5's driving dynamics, power-to-weight ratio, engaging engine response, and short-throw shifter were the reasons given for it being able to beat the crown vic.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

I see. When i hear miata i immediately think of those homomobiles they made back in the early 90's that could fit in your pocket...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

yeah know what ya mean. a trans am can be tight but those damn miatas feel like your in a coffen, pull out in front of another car and you might well be in one of those things. what i really love is seeing is big guys in those things just looks like a clown car to me then.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

im not sure where i heard it, it may have been on here that crown vics top out at 132. I think it was another kill story about some kid that was runnin. When he pulled over the cop asked him how fast he was going because the cop had his pinned at 132. The reason he got caught was because another trooper was waiting for him at an over pass ahead of him so he pulled over...
    132 is about right. All that equipment really is heavier than most people think. One good thing about a Crown Vic though, it's a good car to drive at higher speeds. It doesn't have many surprises and the steering is pretty neutral. It won't stick like a performance car but the cop drives it all day long, day after day. He usually can drive it to its limit for long periods without losing it. That is probably what gets more people caught - and wrecked - than anything else.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    132 is about right. All that equipment really is heavier than most people think. One good thing about a Crown Vic though, it's a good car to drive at higher speeds. It doesn't have many surprises and the steering is pretty neutral. It won't stick like a performance car but the cop drives it all day long, day after day. He usually can drive it to its limit for long periods without losing it. That is probably what gets more people caught - and wrecked - than anything else.
    Yea for sure plus they are trained for those types of situations. Fortunately 132 just doesn't cut it in all circumstances...

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

And they don't have great acceleration out of turns, I mean, you can really leave one on some twisties.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information