Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232440 ... LastLast

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Hey TSS, wonder if your company precut and assembled the braided steel lines for our cars, if people would order them from you, being that you know all the measurements, ins and outs, I know I would!!!! Just an idea!!!
    Hey Jaison,
    This could be a great idea!,...There's prob. more people like me that have been wanting to do this!.... just never wanted to take the time to
    figure out the rite size fitting an6 or an8 - R2 D2, CP-3-0 & all that!!! LOL!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Hey TSS, wonder if your company precut and assembled the braided steel lines for our cars, if people would order them from you, being that you know all the measurements, ins and outs, I know I would!!!! Just an idea!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD View Post
    Hey Jaison,
    This could be a great idea!,...There's prob. more people like me that have been wanting to do this!.... just never wanted to take the time to
    figure out the rite size fitting an6 or an8 - R2 D2, CP-3-0 & all that!!! LOL!
    hmmmmmmm :thinkin

Might be a good winter project for me to take up again. LOL. My wife will be so pissed "what do you mean you have to take it apart again???"

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

Might be a good winter project for me to take up again. LOL. My wife will be so pissed "what do you mean you have to take it apart again???"
    Definitely don't want to cause any marital problems, that's for sure! I know if all I had to do was buy the braided steel line kit from someone who had them pre-cut, ends installed, even perhaps in different colors, blue, red, black or maybe even chrome powdercoated with directions telling me, OK the 2 1/2 foot length line goes here, the 2 foot line goes there, and all I had to do was get a wrench, undo the ugly, and install the sweet,....man, what a dream that would be....instant coolness!!!!

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

talk to tracy he has all the fitings at work to do the fuel lines.

Black
    2002 Z28

where can i get those red engine covers that say corvette LS1? and whats that rail that goes across the engine bay above the intake and can you have both of thmeo n at the same itime cus it looks like there isnt enough room

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    where can i get those red engine covers that say corvette LS1? and whats that rail that goes across the engine bay above the intake and can you have both of thmeo n at the same itime cus it looks like there isnt enough room
    Your talking about Fuel Rail Covers and you can get them at the dealer for a decent price
    Think they are like $80

Red

I don't know where he's talking about getting them from the dealer for $80. The only place I've ever seen them is from here:

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/fuel-rail-covers.html

But my question is, if you have a Camaro, why would you get fuel rail covers that say Corvette? Why not get custom covers that say Camaro Z28 LS1 or something like that? Would you put a Corvette emblem on the back of your Camaro? I wouldn't do that any more than I would put a Ferrari emblem on the back of my T/A. I love Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, but putting any of these emblems on my T/A would cheapen it and make others think I was an idiot...You can get anything you want put on the covers in almost any color you want. I saw one the other day on a "Show your engine bay pics" site that had clear, mirrored plexi as the lettering, and it looked really nice. Here again, just my opinion....

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

we can use my car for a mock up car i was thinking of doing it any way.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I don't know where he's talking about getting them from the dealer for $80. The only place I've ever seen them is from here:

But my question is, if you have a Camaro, why would you get fuel rail covers that say Corvette? Why not get custom covers that say Camaro Z28 LS1 or something like that? Would you put a Corvette emblem on the back of your Camaro? I wouldn't do that any more than I would put a Ferrari emblem on the back of my T/A. I love Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, but putting any of these emblems on my T/A would cheapen it and make others think I was an idiot...You can get anything you want put on the covers in almost any color you want. I saw one the other day on a "Show your engine bay pics" site that had clear, mirrored plexi as the lettering, and it looked really nice. Here again, just my opinion....
    some people want to do it themselves. I've painted or polished everything I've added to my car.

Red

Me too. I've polished my brake lines coming off the distribution block, front surface of the heads, airconditioning lines, receiver-dryer and would like to get my pulleys chromed, get braided steel lines, chrome valve covers, then cover it all up with fuel rail covers!!! Makes sense to me!!! I almost forgot, the line right behind the fan that connects the radiator to the engine, I would like to chrome it as well.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I actually put my fuel rail covers on to protect my engine from rather than just looks. After talking to someone who had problems with #6, I looked after washing my car and it puddles down around the injectors. Apparently that's common.

Red

After washing your car with the hood down, you get water puddling above cylinder #6? Man, you must use 1000psi water pressure!!!! On a more serious note, has your rear hood rubber compromised it's seal? Maybe I don't understand what you are saying...

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

That is a great idea

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'm not seeing any engine bays

Black
    2002 Z28

and where can i get one these strut bar thingys?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Pictures, man... pictures... where are they? Less talking, more pictures.

Black
    2001 WS6

Black
    2002 Z28

because its got a corvette engine!and i dont knwo i thought it looks pretty cool but i would never slap a corvette emblem on the back that just stupid.
    and i have cleaned it since but this ais jsut an old pic!(it was the day i got it)

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

because its got a corvette engine![/thumb]
    there is no such thing as a corvette engine ..only engines that are in the corvette.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    there is no such thing as a corvette engine ..only engines that are in the corvette.
    The corvette has my engine!!!!

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232440 ... LastLast

Thread Information