Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Yeah they wont be light, but i think they wil lbe nice cars, like i said i dotn trust the nissan v6s under extreme power like i do the inlines. As for the dual intake, cars have been running with dual intakes for years, some even have 6 throttle bodys. So its nothing new
    the 300ZX N/A and Turbo... both had 2 individual Throtel bodys... so yeah...nothing new there.... and yeah... I wouldn't trust the V6 to handle as much as a inline engine would...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink GT-R Specs-------------------

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    mathewaqui ..... the GT-R's are supposed to be 4,000 lbs. no?
    Here are the Spec's and comparison..... 3800 lbs. It's a nice sturdy weight. Evidently, Nissan was going after the Porsches in the design of this vehicle... it's falling a tad short at taking the Carrera 911 Turbo.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up The Socket Comparison

The one good thing about this vehicle is that it doesn't have any deteriorating signal sockets like our Trans Am....

Hell man, once again, for the price and peformance, it ranks much better than so many of those higher end vehicles.

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yes but i buy my cars to street race, now 60-80 is a big range, if its more towards the 80 side you can get new z06s for less than 80. And from a roll like a i said earlier it wont win, its kinda like racing a evo wit hour cars, from a dig its a better race. This car is probably getting around 400hp to the wheels, and the z06 somewhere around 430-440, in a car that weighs 500lbs less. The ls7 powerband is and insane range. Its a nice car, but its to heavy and the they took away what made the skyline such amazine car, the inline 6, i keep saying it cause i dont think you people know what made the GTR-34 such a beast. The fact that the block could hold isnane amount of horsepower that these VQ motors simply cant handle. There was no need to move it from a 3.0 to a 3.8 if your gonna take away the ablity for it to hold the insane amounts of boost and hp they used to, i have seen skylines with 1300awhp, and the run low 8s high 7s. With stock blocks thats how bullet proof they were and thats what made them great.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 11-30-2007 at 08:10 AM.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

Why they would do that is beyond our guess since we didn't design it.... I seen those dynos with the 1000 hp... remarkable for such a vehicle. I agree they would only do better on the roll when the Turbo is spinning...... At any rate, I think they would give the Corvette a run for it's money.

I would be hard press to decide if I had the extra bucks to purchase those vehicle... for I would want the Viper.. but with the gas price, man I would be sucked dry of cash just to keep a V12 engine on the road!!!!

If you take the GT-R engine and throw it in the Viper.. you have looks and performance, much more appealing with lower fuel consumption.. what a package?!!!

By the way.. to us, the range of 60 - 80 might be big, but not those who can afford a vehicle over $50,000.......... I guess for that price, I could purchase 3 or 4 2009 Camaros and have my daily preference drive!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Im saying it will do worse on a roll, it doenst matter if the turbos are spoiled or not its only makeing 400awhp, whcih is good but not compared to the 440rwhp of the vette. It would be a closer race from a dig thanks to its AWD. Rear wheel drive is the fastest kind of drive train for straight line racing, as long as you can hook. Yes it can beat the z06 aroudn a track, but on the street it would get raped. Now lets compare it to the new Corvette with the ls9, a 653hp motor in a 3300lbs car. GM is getting to crazy, thats a 580rwhp corvette with drag radials it could run low 10s with a insaen drive maybe hit 9s.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

So these times are all estimated? No real times yet?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well think about it, the ls7 with 440rwhp and drag radials and a good driver can hit high 10s, like 10.8s. Now add 150hp to that,

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Arrow Another Note

Another Note:

It's speculate that this Vehicle will hit the 530 HP mark when it is manufacture for the U.S.......... it was written that the performance of this vehicle is equivalent to a $400,000 performance vehicle....

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont understand how people can be SO DUMB to call it a corvette killer.....get over urselves, i cant wait till the z06 just steps on this thing so every1 will shut the fuck up about these stupid jap cars

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well I own the Rb25det engine which is the inline 6 of the Nissan's and the power band isnt that bad! I mean on stock boost 4psi its not OMG fast but it doesnt have any turbo lag! Pretty much instant boost, I mean if you think about a street race from a roll or even a dead stop I can always keep my RPM range above 3,000 which is were i hit max boost and I have a power band to 7,000. I cranked the boost on my stock turbo to 10PSI and I launch at 5,000 RPM's on M:T drag radials and pull 1.6 60's all day in my 240sx and thats with the motor bogging after the launch due to alot of fuel and not enough air. But I just bought a 2 step launch control so I can build boost off the line for next year so I should get it down to 1.4-1.5 60'. But you cant beat the power from the inline nor the rumble! it sounds like a v8 all day on open header! Im running open down pipe so its a little loud! But when I go to the track I like putting on a show for the v8 guys with my pro stock burnouts through the lights and half way down the track just for fun! If you pull up against a v8 there like wat the F***!!! HAHA Then I usually pull 1 -3 car lengths on them out of the lights! only cars I had beat me is Pro drag cars running Nitrous. But Its fun messing with people that dont have a clue to what you have!

They should have never went to the v6 but im not the Engineer who built the car so im sure they had reasons behind it!

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

The numbers that they quote are from nissan. And lets keep the 650hp ls9 out of it, comparing a car that has 150+hp more is not fare. The Z06 made its mark on a race track not the quater mile track even though it does well there. There is alot more to a car then driving in a straight line.

I think it is great we all have another fast car to race. Stock for stock the Z06 and the Nissan GTR will be a good race. On the street with street tires the GTR will be hard to beat. I think that a Z06 will run it down even if the GTR gets the jump off the line and on the role Z06 will win.

But again this is all talk because it is not even out yet. Who knows how fast it really is or how many power levels it come in.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post

I have never been in a car that gives you complete control like my 240 does! I can be at a 80 degree angle sideways and pull out of it like a piece of cake! Hell I can pull out of a 90 if there is enough road!

Im not putting the T/A down I love my T/A, But out of both my cars I drive I like my 240 better. Lots more power, and better handling, For racing, as for Street driving Ill stay with the T/A. My 240 has Posi traction and a stage 4 race clutch so city driving is no fun at red lights, all I can do is pull out squaling the tires or kill the motor taking off easy!
    I've driven a modified 240 and I thought it was a complete piece of trash. I can't see anyone preferring to drive one of those pieces of shit over a 383 stroker Trans Am. You've got to be kidding, that shows the true ricer in you.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The numbers that they quote are from nissan. And lets keep the 650hp ls9 out of it, comparing a car that has 150+hp more is not fare. The Z06 made its mark on a race track not the quater mile track even though it does well there. There is alot more to a car then driving in a straight line.

I think it is great we all have another fast car to race. Stock for stock the Z06 and the Nissan GTR will be a good race. On the street with street tires the GTR will be hard to beat. I think that a Z06 will run it down even if the GTR gets the jump off the line and on the role Z06 will win.

But again this is all talk because it is not even out yet. Who knows how fast it really is or how many power levels it come in.
    The GTR has no chance in hell against a race with a Z06, not to mention the new Vette with the LS9, rumored to be around 650+HP.

Here's why.

Nissan GTR - 480HP. Figure in at least 20% drivetrain loss due to AWD and the auto transmission. You end up with a 384WHP car weighing close to 4,000lbs.

Corvette Z06 - 505HP, SAE certified. Regularly puts down 430WHP. Weighs a total of 3,162lbs.

Its not even a race. AWD is of no benefit to the GTR when the Z06 can already hit 60MPH in 1st gear in 3.4 seconds. From a roll it would look like the GTR is going backwards, its a joke.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Here's the formula for creating the styling of the Nissan GT-R:

Take a Mitsubishi Evo X, and copy the front end:

Then combine it with a 350Z:

And you end up with one of the ugliest pieces of jap crap to ever grace the face of the planet:

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I've driven a modified 240 and I thought it was a complete piece of trash. I can't see anyone preferring to drive one of those pieces of shit over a 383 stroker Trans Am. You've got to be kidding, that shows the true ricer in you.

Dude I really Doubt you have ever driven a modified 240! So what was so modified about it?

This honestly shows what type of guy you are! I mean since your such a God and know everything there is to know about these cars a the future of the world how about letting us in?

*Ya my 383 is quick, But my turbo 240 is quicker!
    *The T/A can handle but my 240 can handle better!
    *The T/A attracts attention but my 240 makes attention!
    *The T/A sounds good but my 240 spooled up with the turbo SCREAMING sounds better!
    *The T/A can lay some rubber but my 240 can lay some pavement!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Dude I really Doubt you have ever driven a modified 240! So what was so modified about it?
    I didn't bother asking. It was a piece of shit, imo.

*Ya my 383 is quick, But my turbo 240 is quicker!
    *The T/A can handle but my 240 can handle better!
    *The T/A attracts attention but my 240 makes attention!
    *The T/A sounds good but my 240 spooled up with the turbo SCREAMING sounds better!
    *The T/A can lay some rubber but my 240 can lay some pavement!
    You think a Nissan 240 sounds better and draws more attention than a Trans Am...yep, you're a confirmed ricerboy now.

What you don't realize is all the attention your 240 gets is negative, probably just people gawking at how distasteful and ugly your car is. I'm sure everyone loves to hear your fart can as you drive by and try to show off

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I didn't bother asking. It was a piece of shit, imo.

You think a Nissan 240 sounds better and draws more attention than a Trans Am...yep, you're a confirmed ricerboy now.

What you don't realize is all the attention your 240 gets is negative, probably just people gawking at how distasteful and ugly your car is. I'm sure everyone loves to hear your fart can as you drive by and try to show off
    Confirmed you have never Driven a 240! So why comment it?

2nd have you ever heard a Rb25 engine? Hmm didnt think so!

3rd! So when are you going to come let my Fart can bend you over its knee and whoop that bare ass?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Confirmed you have never Driven a 240! So why comment it?

2nd have you ever heard a Rb25 engine? Hmm didnt think so!

3rd! So when are you going to come let my Fart can bend you over its knee and whoop that bare ass?
    Where do you come up with this bullshit??

You don't even make any sense. Go back to your ricer forums, you're a complete waste of space

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information