Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

http://www.lotuscars.com/

They have a pretty nice site, its full of all the stats of the cars.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Not to mention modding a z06 would be easier and you would have more options, lsx cars have a great after market world, lotus im guessing shits expensive and limited
    IDK about that, they have the toyota celica motor (which we all know is high preformance lol) just another crappy little 4 banger motor easy to work on with cheap shit parts you know toyota quality and it doesnt have a lot of weight which is what makes it what it is. Who wants to drive a car with no power and no weight? I rather have a full size car that is more comfertable to be in and not worry about wrecking and having the car squshed like nothing and lots and lots of HP and hearing the american muscle scream flying down the road.

basicly IMHO the lotus isnt shit not worth what your paying for rather have a golf cart or a go cart and drop a 4 banger in one of those then we would see who is lighter

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

i think the're neat looking

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

There are awesome looking, but for 57k for the 220hp supercharged version, 170flbs of torque aint really my style. I love to be put back in my seat like i was on the way to work today.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 11-13-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

I just got my car a few weeks ago and it was the first car i had raced. I raced the base model 190hp one, I just have a 00 ss with magnaflow exhaust and a k&n filter, at least thats all that is obvious to the naked eye, i havent had a chance to look over it yet.

It was extremely quick, I would slowly pull away from it every time though. Everytime i would get to about 135 he would back off though. We did one race from a stop up to about 80 and he took me at first a lil (i dont get much traction on take off, hah) but i caught up shortly and get a little ahead. And we did 4 or 5 from rolling on the interstate. was really fun, i could definitely tell it handled well because he would come all the way over from the far right to the far left behind me really quick i thought he would lose control for sure a couple times.

Cool little cars, but im not much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    IDK about that, they have the toyota celica motor (which we all know is high preformance lol) just another crappy little 4 banger motor easy to work on with cheap shit parts you know toyota quality and it doesnt have a lot of weight which is what makes it what it is. Who wants to drive a car with no power and no weight? I rather have a full size car that is more comfertable to be in and not worry about wrecking and having the car squshed like nothing and lots and lots of HP and hearing the american muscle scream flying down the road.

basicly IMHO the lotus isnt shit not worth what your paying for rather have a golf cart or a go cart and drop a 4 banger in one of those then we would see who is lighter
    wow that was a little harsh, in defense of the lotus(b/c i do like them), why dont you put it on an actuall track(not just a staight line) see how much that american "screeming" muscle comes into rescue......

Have you ever seen the Top Gear special where he goes to America and compares European cars with American cars and a Ford mustang GT(300hp) races a lotus and the mustang gets smoked....its not just about the hp IMO, i think what you pay for is pretty reasonable a very good 0-60 time(4.1) and the best handling car in the world. If you just want a good looking car that sounds great and drives fast in a straight line, get an american car.

The T/A WS6 back when it was new im pretty sure it was 36k if im not mistaking, and you can get a new lotus for 50k, so its something to think about. We gotta understand 1 thing: there 2 different cars made for differnt things, an suv is made for taking the kids to the soccer game, buicks are made for 50 year old men, cadillacs are made for 22's , the lotus was made to be the best HANDLING car in the world(which it is) and the T/A was made to to be a kickass looking RAW power screaming V8 american car(like typical american cars)

Dont get me wrong i love american cars, i used to own a cobra and i love the fact that 90% of the people at the stop light couldn't keep up with my 350HP and the sweet intiminating sound, but you just really bashed on a really great car which i dont think deserved to be bashed on "that" bad. IDK
    Last edited by D3VIL; 11-11-2007 at 08:24 PM.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post

Why would they put a crappy motor in a 50+ track car? Toyota is known for quality parts and cars. The car is made with little power and weight because that's what they wanted its a track car not a 1/4 drag car. The power is enough to do a 4.1 to 60 in s/c version. The car is a street legal go cart.

What don't you understand about the car.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by D3VIL View Post
    wow that was a little harsh, in defense of the lotus(b/c i do like them), why dont you put it on an actuall track(not just a staight line) see how much that american "screeming" muscle comes into rescue......

Have you ever seen the Top Gear special where he goes to America and compares European cars with American cars and a Ford mustang GT(300hp) races a lotus and the mustang gets smoked....its not just about the hp IMO, i think what you pay for is pretty reasonable a very good 0-60 time(4.1) and the best handling car in the world. If you just want a good looking car that sounds great and drives fast in a straight line, get an american car.

The T/A WS6 back when it was new im pretty sure it was 36k if im not mistaking, and you can get a new lotus for 50k, so its something to think about. We gotta understand 1 thing: there 2 different cars made for differnt things, an suv is made for taking the kids to the soccer game, buicks are made for 50 year old men, cadillacs are made for 22's , the lotus was made to be the best HANDLING car in the world(which it is) and the T/A was made to to be a kickass looking RAW power screaming V8 american car(like typical american cars)

Dont get me wrong i love american cars, i used to own a cobra and i love the fact that 90% of the people at the stop light couldn't keep up with my 350HP and the sweet intiminating sound, but you just really bashed on a really great car which i dont think deserved to be bashed on "that" bad. IDK
    i think i agree with jwmon tho... you have to look at it this way, hes saying to him it is more satisfying to have the american feel, some people prefer to go straight than twist around a track, me personally i love both, but if you gave me an option id rather keep my t/a cuz it makes me happy, definitely do agree that lotus is a way better engineered car, but theres nothing more satisfying in my eyes then mashing the throttle and going deaf from 5.7 liters of ls1 fury

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i think i agree with jwmon tho... you have to look at it this way, hes saying to him it is more satisfying to have the american feel, some people prefer to go straight than twist around a track, me personally i love both, but if you gave me an option id rather keep my t/a cuz it makes me happy, definitely do agree that lotus is a way better engineered car, but theres nothing more satisfying in my eyes then mashing the throttle and going deaf from 5.7 liters of ls1 fury
    I understand, its just that jwmon used some harsh words and tried to make lotus look like trash, and thats just not true.

10's N/A

What a lot of people don't know is that that little car with the Celica engine can do low 13's in the quarter-mile. Suprising huh? Extremely lightweight cars don't need a bunch of horsepower to run hard. Lotus' are often underestimated. I'm not going to lie, I didn't think they were worth any respect either. Back in 1999 I was sitting at the stoplight when a purplish colored Lotus pulled up beside me with the the word "Esprit" marked on it in cursive writing. I thought, look at this piece of crap, as I sat in a low 13-second '94 Z28 M6 waiting for the light. Soon after my jaw dropped as he kept pulling and pulling away from me. I wen't straight home and looked up the stats and found out that car packed a 3.5L twin-turbo V8 that propelled the car to 12.80 quarter-mile times with just 350-hp.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I am not scared to take sharp turns with an american muscle car, yeah they might not handle that great in the turn but is a hell lot more fun

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

they are pretty damn quick... i raced one on a curvy road and won but i think the drive was to afraid to push it... straight line they are not to shabby either... the guy i raced runs 13.8's in the 1/4...

Thread Information