Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I think we're definitely going to have to do this bro! I'm trying to invite a few member's of the MAGNA crew down as well, so we'll have a few more Domestic's (Grand Nationals, and TTA's) representing. What time does Cecil open, what is the cover, and how many races do we get? Please don't tell me that we have to clean up our own oil spills, and/or pay for it if it ever happens lol.....

Saturday November 10th, gates open at 8am, 25 bucks, you'll probably get 6+ passes.

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/index.shtml

I think we're definitely going to have to do this bro! I'm trying to invite a few member's of the MAGNA crew down as well, so we'll have a few more Domestic's (Grand Nationals, and TTA's) representing.
    I just saw your post on turbobuicks.com and would love to make it but can't. I wouldn't mind racing a few imports or anything else for that matter. Anytime I drive around I can't buy a race.
    '70 Buick GSX Yellow matching #'s
    '87 Buick GN, 10.66 @ 128... looks stock
    '06 Jeep SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by 1970gsx
    I just saw your post on turbobuicks.com and would love to make it but can't. I wouldn't mind racing a few imports or anything else for that matter. Anytime I drive around I can't buy a race....
    I tell ya though, I'm not looking forward to the ride there and back lol! I shot Pacecarta and TTA-343 a PM as well, as there always down for a run... I just don't know if they're that willing to drive over there so early in the morning....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Worth it though IMO....we'll come out your way next time.

^ .... I was just telling another member, it's going to be weird getting 6 freaking runs for a mere $25.00 dollars. We only get three runs over here in Englishtown for the same amount (if even that, sometimes). I already put in for a day off this Saturday, so I gotz me a three day (have off Veterans day, too) weekend. This is why I'm trying to assemble some people to come down ahead of time, cuz as much as I'm down to come, I don't have it in me to make it down solo though. LOL, my wife is looking at me like, "if your not going there, we're going to Atlantic City then", LOL!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

^ .... I was just telling another member, it's going to be weird getting 6 freaking runs for a mere $25.00 dollars. We only get three runs over here in Englishtown for the same amount (if even that, sometimes). I already put in for a day off this Saturday, so I gotz me a three day (have off Veterans day, too) weekend. This is why I'm trying to assemble some people to come down ahead of time, cuz as much as I'm down to come, I don't have it in me to make it down solo though. LOL, my wife is looking at me like, "if your not going there, we're going to Atlantic City then", LOL!
    wow you guys are getting ripped off... having to pay $25 for just 6 runs...

down here, we pay $10... and get to run all we want in the Quarter... no limits...(mostly night racing)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN
    wow you guys are getting ripped off... having to pay $25 for just 6 runs. down here, we pay $10... and get to run all we want in the Quarter... no limits...(mostly night racing)
    Now that is just insane! I remember those days, once upon a time....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

On Friday night grudge racing it's only 12 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    I'm trying to invite a few member's of the MAGNA crew down as well, so we'll have a few more Domestic's (Grand Nationals, and TTA's) representing....
    Some of the MAGNA crew might just be coming down to represent the Domestic's with us. Should be evenly matched. Hopefully the weather is decent....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Some of those are even matches, but the 10.40 GN is going to crush all of us.

^ That would be Paul's Grand National. I don't think he'll be able to make it over though...

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    Some of those are even matches, but the 10.40 GN is going to crush all of us.
    By the way, it is Ben, right? I hate referring to you as "4tun8" lol....

-Rob

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Yup, it's Ben. You can't miss me, I'm 6 foot 4 and I drive a bumble bee.

Yup, it's Ben. You can't miss me, I'm 6 foot 4 and I drive a bumble bee....
    What is it with our member's (MikeSomething is just as tall, if not taller LOL). By the way, what the heck are you doing up so early lmao....

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Up early because I work 12 hour shifts =)

So is there any type of list going of what cars are coming???

So far this is what we have.

Crx - low to mid 12s, all motor, full weight
    1990 4 door civic - built motor, boosted, mid 11s
    Rsx- small turbo, fmic, stock k20, hoping for mid 13s
    My evo - hoping for 11.50s on pump, and possible 10 second pass on the expensive gas (errr the more expensive gas)

So is there any type of list going of what cars are coming???
    I'm assuming you want to bracket race (or in the very least, heads up by way of matching cars w/respected opposition), as opposed to "unknown" heads up, since you just embellished on they're times (hehe, unless your fibbing lol). Should have a list shortly. Both Tony and myself are obviously coming (despite one of his 18" rims getting really messed up big time yesterday from a pot-hole, pic of the rim soon to come for those who want to see the damage). Paul just might come after all now. Some of the MAGNA crew are now very eager to do battle....

Still waiting on final confirmations from some of the guys over @ ThirdGen.org. Should be a pretty good turn out, weather pending of course. We'll have quite a few TTA's in the high 10, low 11 range, so I won't feel so bad if I decide to take something other than the ZO6. Would honestly like to see what my '91 Formula runs prior to the turbo's, but I might just take my cousin's '98 Trans Am though....

^ You had to have the nicest Evo that I had ever seen! Even Tony that night on Route 37 was like, "daaaaamn"! Very nicely done, Tom! Can't wait to see how your next project comes out, C5, right?
    Well, I was thinking of getting out of racing for a little because Id like to buy a house sometime in the next 5 years and its hard to do that when you have a car begging for modifications! Thanks for the compliments on the car! I loved that thing and it really did look great. It will be missed. I honestly was looking at the 335i or135i BMW and the Lexus IS, but secretly, I really want a black or blue C5 Z06, I just love those things. My friend Greg has a sick blue one and everytime I see it, it makes me want one. If I find a C5Z at the right price, Im gonna go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Well, I was thinking of getting out of racing for a little because Id like to buy a house sometime in the next 5 years and its hard to do that when you have a car begging for modifications!
    Buying the house is the easy part, especially if your a first time home buyer. Depending on your credit history, FICO score, and debt to income ratio, down payments become irrelevant, closing costs can be included into the loan, and most financers allow for stated income. So if you find a home that is feasible w/your income level, it's just a matter of signing away....

... just make sure it comes with a two car garage!

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Yeah buying a house was easy for me, I bought the house and the evo in the same day....What a long way it has come heh, was bone stock, stock tires, paper filter, etc.

Buying the house is the easy part, especially if your a first time home buyer. Depending on your credit history, FICO score, and debt to income ratio, down payments become irrelevant, closing costs can be included into the loan, and most financers allow for stated income. So if you find a home that is feasible w/your income level, it's just a matter of signing away....

... just make sure it comes with a two car garage!
    I know getting the house isnt going to be the hard part, but I want at least to have all my credit card debt gone and start paying some large portions to my student loans, then I will feel comfortable getting in a house and being able to afford furniture ... and a lift in the garage

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information