Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Well, looks like its time for you to go to school:

Nissan makes crappy cars, look at the 350Z.

Well, looks like you just called Nissan retarded yourself then. The new GT-R uses the trash compactor VQ engine, which is a V6, and a shitty and crude one at that.

No Inline 6 with massive turbos and god forsaken amounts of boost is "very driveable". If you believe that then you'll believe anything, thats a joke.

Ill bet ya anything you would like to lay on the line that a 850WHP GT-R nissan is more drivable than a 850WHP GM Ford or Dodge. Why you ask?? Because no GM, Ford, or Dodge car makes that kind of power with AWD, Actually they dont even make an AWD car. Do you realize how many 1000+ Hp cars are daily drivers in japan??? Tons!!!!!!!! How many 1000 HP cars can drive in the rain here? Hmmmm im thinking NONE!!!! Why??? Because there all RWD and you wont be able to keep it between the ditches.

Im not a huge fan of the 350z.

Alright you wanna talk about engines, My Rb25det engine has more technology in it than any US motors I have ever took apart.

How many US made engines run individual internal oil squirter's on each cylinder to squirt oil on the cylinder walls to provide extra lube for high RPM runs for long periods of time? Hmm Im thinking none. Or How many US engines have a cage built around the main bearing caps to keep the crank from moving under high stress/RPM and loads of power.

Thats just two pointers I found in my Rb when I built it that I liked most, The engine was manufactured to take loads of abuse stress and power. Oh and RB stands for Race bred b/c Nissan originally was going to use the motor for racing only then later decided to manufacture it for the Skylines.

So how bad are the engines now wesman?
    Until you know the structure behind an engine and its proven to be shitty... Then dont comment!!!! You prove nothing....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Ahhhhh Finally we have a debate!!!!!

The Skyline is one of the fastest AWD cars you can buy, Its up there with the Porshe 911. This is the only Skyline that can meet Us specs to pass emissions. You also have to remember thats 436 WHP on all 4 wheels. 0-60 is like 2.8 sec..... can you say Waaaapshhh. Thats also on stock boost, Safely, another words that motor is producing 1/4 of what is desighned to do. Im sure with a few bolt on's as with any other car you can top 500 easy.
    0-60 in 2.8 seconds

Talk about making up numbers. Its a heavy car with 436HP. Not WHEEL HP, HP at the flywheel, BIG difference. The car is expected to do 0-60 somewhere in the high 3 second range, you're a full second off.

Price yesssss its expensive, But its not being compaired with AMERICAN MUSCLES cars, Thats a FORD,DODGE CHEVY battle, This is a Porshe, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedeze, Lexus, ETC battle. Two totally different concepts,
    Very few people who buy Porsches are going to crossshop a ricedburner Nissan with their authentic German sports cars. People who buy Porsches buy them because they love Porsches, not because of 0-60 stats. They aren't going to change their mind because the GTR is .002 seconds faster to 60MPH, get real.

(Wesman) You have not drove a Nissan nor even know what they are so why comment? One day your going to get smoked by one, I hope they get a video too!!!!!! As A machinist we like to call that a boring of the anal hole!!!!
    How do you know what I have and have not drive?? Who exactly so you think you are?? Seems we get at least one import troll in every thread that tries to call me out. I've driven 350Z's, my personal opinion is the car is a slow, crappy, and ugly.

That would be like me commenting somone that owns a Supra and telling them how bad it sucks, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN B/C I HAVE NEVER DROVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right....

This Skyline is going to be heavy, But it also has the extra weight of a front differential, along with the transfer case for the AWD system, SO there is all the extra weight.
    Whats your point...?

Im ready too see what is has!!!
    It sucks cause the US uses a V6, verses my inline 6 I imported out of japan, Cannot beat the rumble of an inline.
    Damn, sounds like you're straight out of the Fast and Furious. Overnight JDM parts from Japan?? Must be one tight riceburner, I bet it can drift around parking garages just like in the movie
    Last edited by Wesman; 11-07-2007 at 06:51 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Ill bet ya anything you would like to lay on the line that a 850WHP GT-R nissan is more drivable than a 850WHP GM Ford or Dodge. Why you ask?? Because no GM, Ford, or Dodge car makes that kind of power with AWD, Actually they dont even make an AWD car. Do you realize how many 1000+ Hp cars are daily drivers in japan??? Tons!!!!!!!! How many 1000 HP cars can drive in the rain here? Hmmmm im thinking NONE!!!! Why??? Because there all RWD and you wont be able to keep it between the ditches.
    You're on crack. Yea, I bet there's tons of 1000HP cars at every stoplight in Japan. The whole country is full of rice burning 1000HP cars with NAWZ and 80PSI of boost in their tiny little engines. Welcome to the Fast and the Furious, where ricers like yourself seem to mix up bullshit with reality.

Alright you wanna talk about engines, My Rb25det engine has more technology in it than any US motors I have ever took apart.
    I've seen some ignorant import trolls before. You take the fucking cake.

How many US made engines run individual internal oil squirter's on each cylinder to squirt oil on the cylinder walls to provide extra lube for high RPM runs for long periods of time? Hmm Im thinking none. Or How many US engines have a cage built around the main bearing caps to keep the crank from moving under high stress/RPM and loads of power.
    A Cobalt SS has oil squirters on the pistons. The LS motors have 6 main bearing caps to keep the crank in place. In cast iron application, it supports up to 2500HP. And before you start with the bullshit, no, your crappy Jap engine would not take 2500HP, it would grenade into a million pieces. So your arguement is a joke, give it up already. Everything you type makes it even more obvious how ignorant and blind you are to American vehicles, as well as biased.

Thats just two pointers I found in my Rb when I built it that I liked most, The engine was manufactured to take loads of abuse stress and power. Oh and RB stands for Race bred b/c Nissan originally was going to use the motor for racing only then later decided to manufacture it for the Skylines.
    I suppose you believe everything you read in Super Street

So how bad are the engines now wesman?
    Until you know the structure behind an engine and its proven to be shitty... Then dont comment!!!! You prove nothing....
    I just ripped your arguement apart. Go back to your crappy import forums, you're nothing but another ricer troll.
    Last edited by Wesman; 11-07-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA (Wesman) you seem intense!!!!! maybe you should go play with the 4 cyl guys before your brain explodes!!!!

Fast and the Furious sucks ass with there NOS.....

Think im a Ricer? hmmm HAHA!!!! Ricers dont have enough power to blow a hole in a can.... I have enough power to knock the breath out of you on launch and make your lips flop all the way to 180+MPH in about 15-20 Seconds.......

SO (wesman) thinks he's hot stuff for compairing V8 american muscle to V6 and inline 6's from Jap because he doesnt like the cars..... Thats not even a true comparison. The true comparsion would be Nissan Skyline VS Toyota Supra both V6 cars.

I really doubt you have ever drove a 350Z.

So (Wesman) Take your Debate to a Dodge forum, No one here cares.

Honestly I dont know why the debates even on a LS forum.....

But point being, The skyline will be a hot car.... So lets see what happens when it comes out.

(wesman) Im not wasting my time on your pointless remarks,

Garantee it will Rape anything Chevy has out right now from factory b/c there not producing anything!!!!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ah yeah it wont be taking the vette at all, everythign else i agree with the ls7 is a 505hp 427 with an insane power band, with drag radials alone people have gotten the ls7 to run 10.8s-11.2s. The new ls9 engine just released is a 6.3liter v8 supercharged with 653hp from the factory, with drag radials on that car its a low to mid 10 second car. As for handleing the vette still has insane handling. Maybe not as good as a AWD car, but it also weighs only 3300lbs so just wait for the straights lol. Also the ls7 still gets 25mpg freeway making over 500hp. The skyline will be a low-mid 12 second car with a good driver. Im jsut saying dont say GM isnt makign anything better, ive seen just bolt on ls7s with drag radials run mid 10s.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Alright...this kind of sounds like a debate from well..whenever i encounter ricers.

Now that being said.

Lets think..

Corvette Z06 - $70,000 - 505bhp
    Camaro Z28- $28,000 - 325bhp

Skyline - 436bhp $80,000

Now, somewhere on here I have a video of a C6 Z06 whooping a Gallardos ass.

A Gallardo is an AWD 492awhp car weighing in at 3,200 lbs as where the Z06 is 3,300 lbs at505bhp....

You really think the new GT-R is going to be able to take an "American Supercar"

Sure its nice...sure its jap..but for the price vs power its not worth it

The Dodge Viper SRT-10 is supposed to be the best track car produced in America. The Z06 beat it on the track if I can recall.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The gallargdo is heavier than 3200 but yes its a high hp awd car, that race was also from a roll. Of the line it woudl be close but the vettes powerband is always underratedbecuase its a pushrod v8.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

true..i didnt think about it from a dig...but as hard as the vette pulls it shouldnt be a big problem

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Ah yeah it wont be taking the vette at all, everythign else i agree with the ls7 is a 505hp 427 with an insane power band, with drag radials alone people have gotten the ls7 to run 10.8s-11.2s. The new ls9 engine just released is a 6.3liter v8 supercharged with 653hp from the factory, with drag radials on that car its a low to mid 10 second car. As for handleing the vette still has insane handling. Maybe not as good as a AWD car, but it also weighs only 3300lbs so just wait for the straights lol. Also the ls7 still gets 25mpg freeway making over 500hp. The skyline will be a low-mid 12 second car with a good driver. Im jsut saying dont say GM isnt makign anything better, ive seen just bolt on ls7s with drag radials run mid 10s.
    Not saying GM doesnt make a car that will, Just stating from the factory with No add on's the Skyline will take all GM cars except the vette, But with a few bolt on-s / boost controller the skyline could be a 10 sec car too. All cars from factory only run a 1/4 of the power they can make and handle due to Emissions and life. Plus your not going to see a 700HP factory produced drag car roll off the car lots doesnt mean there not capable of producing that but Your going to have cars that are family driveable and still fun.

All im saying is you can't compair it to an american muscle car b/c thats like comparing a mini van to a SUV. Just not the same.

Now if you put it in the AWD catagory with the porshe 911, then you have a comparison. But not with a Corvette, Camaro, charger or mustang.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Actually the Corvette is GMs car to compete with porshes and exotic sports cars. You will see the vette compared to other countrys super cars often. Not many cars made by any company can compete with a 11.5 bone stock 1/4mile time. Not the Lambos with the 200k-700k price tags they all run 11s, and you can buy a vette and make it a 8 second car for what a lambo costs. The porshe are also 100k+ and now they have the ls9 a 110k sports car that comes with more power than almost any car from the factory. The SLR mcclaren have 660hp, but it also costs over 800k and you have to be on a waiting list. No car under 300k comes with more than 650hp but the ls9 vette. I can see you saying dont compare the ls1 to the exotica cars, even though i have taken some austin martins and masaratis, if thats how its spelled. Just because they are made by a certain company doesnt mean they arent made to compete with other countrys. I say we just the cars in classes with cars they can compete with. THe vette has kept up with them all.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 11-08-2007 at 07:53 AM.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Its almost like...okay...you pay $13,000 for a 4 banger and spend $8,000 to make it have 325hp

where as..you spend 18,000-20,000 to buy an LS1 car with 325hp already

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah but i dont know what 4 banger you a buying for 13k, my 87 supra with the 3.0 turbo was 3500 and i spent about 7k on it now and it runs 11s.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 11-08-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya I dont think I would ever spend 13,000 on a stock 4cyl. Unless your refering to a Evo, WRX, STI, Talon, or something like that. Then I can see 13,000 + more like 20 + for them tho. But there good cars. The talon with just cranking the boost stock everything will out run a GT stang, with a few mods, like exhaust and stuff, Stock camaro ETC.

If you put 8 thousand into a Talon, you would have an 8 sec car!!!!!! with over 750 AWHP
    There prob one of the cheapest cars you can buy and work on.

But no way will you get an 8 sec car with 8 grand out of an STI.

But with 8 Grand you can get over 325 hp out of most any car. Import or Domestic.

But in all reality its getting re-diculious to try and build any car for the street. The way Gas is going back up and the prices of parts going up too, Your almost cheaper paying the Dealer price and leaving it alone until they come out with something faster and then trading it in.

I dont know about you guys but this last build has almost took me under a few times!!!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

ah, im not even gonan have 2 grand into my T/A and it will be a good mid 11 second car. The supras 93+ with a targa top are just outrageous, like 18grand for a non turbo with 100000 miels on it. The want way too much for that car like the skylines and NSXs.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

yeah I thought they were a little overpriced myself...I used to want one..I heard they were excellent cars with the independent suspension

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

They are alright cars, you need to know how to set them up for the most performance, they are called dyno queens because stupid people set them up for max hp but no power curve, so they make 900rwhp and run high 11s, because the make 900rwhp for about 1200rpms. When i have seen 670rwhp supras run 9.8s. Not to mention they are alot smaller than my T/A but weigh 3800lbs.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

HAHA (Wesman) you seem intense!!!!! maybe you should go play with the 4 cyl guys before your brain explodes!!!!
    Once again, you're not making any sense. If I had a list of all the japanese and 4 cylinder cars that I have beaten it would make you cry inside.

Fast and the Furious sucks ass with there NOS.....
    Thats ironic because you talk like you're straight out of the movie.

Think im a Ricer? hmmm HAHA!!!! Ricers dont have enough power to blow a hole in a can.... I have enough power to knock the breath out of you on launch and make your lips flop all the way to 180+MPH in about 15-20 Seconds.......
    Japanese = rice. And no, your car doesn't go 180MPH in 15 seconds, get the hell out of here with that bullshit

SO (wesman) thinks he's hot stuff for compairing V8 american muscle to V6 and inline 6's from Jap because he doesnt like the cars..... Thats not even a true comparison. The true comparsion would be Nissan Skyline VS Toyota Supra both V6 cars.
    1. Your first sentence makes no sense at all.
    2. The Toyota Supra came with an Inline 6. Not a V6. You obviously don't even know jack shit about the cars you are bragging so much about.

I really doubt you have ever drove a 350Z.
    I don't care, and its completely irrelevent, because your opinion on that doesn't change anything.

So (Wesman) Take your Debate to a Dodge forum, No one here cares.

Honestly I dont know why the debates even on a LS forum.....
    Umm...what does Dodge have to do with anything?? You're a newbie who joined a couple weeks ago, and all you're doing is sitting around and bragging about riceburners. Get it through your head, nobody cares.

You aren't going to persuade anyone to sell their Muscle car and go out and buy a 4 cylinder Nissan because its a mad tyte import. I don't know who you think you are trying to fool around here, but you aren't succeeding.

But point being, The skyline will be a hot car.... So lets see what happens when it comes out.

(wesman) Im not wasting my time on your pointless remarks,

Garantee it will Rape anything Chevy has out right now from factory b/c there not producing anything!!!!!
    So Chevrolet doesn't produce the Corvette. Are you seriously retarded??

The Z06 will rape that piece of shit Nissan, its going to be pig heavy and only has 436HP AT THE CRANK. Factor in AWD drivetrain loss, and you're looking at around 350WHP. Can't wait to see it get pulled by trainlenghts by the Z06 when the videos start coming onto YouTube.
    Last edited by Wesman; 11-08-2007 at 03:02 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Not saying GM doesnt make a car that will, Just stating from the factory with No add on's the Skyline will take all GM cars except the vette,
    Really?? So when the '09 Camaro comes out with 450HP, weighs 300lbs less than the Skyline, and rapes your precious Skyline like a stuck pig, what are you going to say then??

But with a few bolt on-s / boost controller the skyline could be a 10 sec car too. All cars from factory only run a 1/4 of the power they can make and handle due to Emissions and life. Plus your not going to see a 700HP factory produced drag car roll off the car lots doesnt mean there not capable of producing that but Your going to have cars that are family driveable and still fun.
    All the speculation, nothing to back it up. The car isn't even out yet, and you're already telling us how it will run 10's with "bolt ons and a boost controller". Where do you get off with this crap?? Its ridiculous and has no grounding at all.

All im saying is you can't compair it to an american muscle car b/c thats like comparing a mini van to a SUV. Just not the same.
    Now if you put it in the AWD catagory with the porshe 911, then you have a comparison. But not with a Corvette, Camaro, charger or mustang.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you compare a performance car with a performance car?? You're saying you can't compare the crappy GTR to a Corvette because one is AWD and one is RWD?? I've heard some ridiculous things before, but thats just off the charts.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

(Wesman) Do you honestly ever have anything positive to say? I mean I have only been on here a few weeks and all I hear From you (only) is Neg remarks. Absolutely nothing positive.
    On any forum.....Your age shows!!!!!!

I dont know about these other guys on here but im tired of your neg attitude..... You wanna show your butt go to a HONDA forum... They might care....

So how much money are you willing to loose that my Nissan will run 180?????
    Cause Ill put everything I own on the line!!!!! and prove ya poor..

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

(Wesman) Do you honestly ever have anything positive to say? I mean I have only been on here a few weeks and all I hear From you (only) is Neg remarks. Absolutely nothing positive.
    On any forum.....Your age shows!!!!!!

I dont know about these other guys on here but im tired of your neg attitude..... You wanna show your butt go to a HONDA forum... They might care....

So how much money are you willing to loose that my Nissan will run 180?????
    Cause Ill put everything I own on the line!!!!! and prove ya poor..
    What don't you understand about NOBODY CARES?? You come on here bragging about the GT-R like you built it yourself, NOBODY CARES. You tell us how awesome your pile of crap Nissan is...NOBODY CARES. Then you make the claim that you can do 180MPH in 15 seconds. Not only is that complete bullshit on many levels, but once again, NOBODY CARES.

So you sit here and argue with me about how awesome jap cars are, when its obvious that I don't agree with you, nor are you going to change mine or anybody elses mind with your bullshit opinions. So I suggest you do everyone a favor and just stop trolling about imports it all together. Because...yep, you guessed it, I don't even need to say it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information