Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Hey (wesman) I think you need to go look up some facts before you speak. Im not a huge supporter on imports but I know a few honda and Nissan guys running well over 400WHP and still getting 29-31mpg. So you prooved nothing, I dont see an LS1 getting 29MPG on 400WHP. More like 18-22 if there lucky. My Nissan 240sx RB powered car has 400WHP and I get 22-26MPG as long as I keep my foot out of it. As far as stressing parts out, Im running a 1/4 of the power I can. Oh and as far as the sound, ya 4cyl suck but my inline 6 on open header!!!! HAHA and BOV Pshhhhh Nothing better. V8's rock but never count out the middle man. Ill hand your ass too you faster than you can get your head out of the exhaust.

So look up some real facts and real numbers then get back to us, Other wise keep your trap shut.
    I look up facts all the time, thats where I come up with my info.

Lets get something stright right now. You don't know ANY "Honda and Nissan" guys running "well over 400WHP" and getting 30MPG. Lay off the crack buddy. My friend has a Civic "Bubble" with a B18 w/ cams, and it only manages low 20's MPG. There is nothing magical about jap motors that allows them to get such great gas mileage. You're simply making up bullshit to suit your arguement.

Guess how much I care about your supposed "400HP" Nissan 'RB" 240sx. Yep, I don't even need to say it. I'm sure your inline 6 sounds like complete shit with an open header too, no need for you to give any more details. I can just imagine the horrible sound.

Nobodys impressed by your made up 400HP Nissan. So I suggest you "keep your trap shut"

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sikhawk View Post
    you obviously decided to ignore the fact that people buy cars and leave them stock. An evo 9 MR runs very similar to what the LS1's run, but it handles, corners, accelerates better than a trans am ever would.
    Ignorance is bliss.

First off, 5 or 6MPH in the 1/4 is not very close. Thats absolute rape on the highway. There is a 70WHP difference between a stock Evo and a stock LS1.

And somehow an Evo handles, brakes, and accelerates better than a Trans Am ever would?? Are you on some kind of drugs?? F-Bodies can easily be made into very mean track cars that would easily hand an Evo its ASS on a road course.

And you can't be serious about the acceleration, those cars are slow as dog shit bone stock. Punch if from a roll, you might as well be driving a 4 cylinder Accord.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

First off, 5 or 6MPH in the 1/4 is not very close. Thats absolute rape on the highway. There is a 70WHP difference between a stock Evo and a stock LS1.

And somehow an Evo handles, brakes, and accelerates better than a Trans Am ever would?? Are you on some kind of drugs?? F-Bodies can easily be made into very mean track cars that would easily hand an Evo its ASS on a road course.

And you can't be serious about the acceleration, those cars are slow as dog shit bone stock. Punch if from a roll, you might as well be driving a 4 cylinder Accord.
    well man, i have to disagree with you there... these AWD cars are bullets in the league of going from a dead stop, yes their 1/4 times fall off a bit but they are still the same as a stock ls1 if not better. they do handle better, they are good at that. f-bodies suck in stock form for the track, mine is rough as shit on bumpy turns. lets dont start the pissing contest of who is faster if you do this to it and this is handles better than that if i do this to it

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    well man, i have to disagree with you there... these AWD cars are bullets in the league of going from a dead stop, yes their 1/4 times fall off a bit but they are still the same as a stock ls1 if not better. they do handle better, they are good at that. f-bodies suck in stock form for the track, mine is rough as shit on bumpy turns. lets dont start the pissing contest of who is faster if you do this to it and this is handles better than that if i do this to it
    They can come off the line quickly because of the AWD, but thats still not going to come close to out launching an F-body with a stalled auto, 9", and slicks. Plus the F-Body will actually make it off the line without snapping a CV or blowing its transmission up. Thats always a benefit.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Rofl thread hijacking! Stock Evos may not be as fast as stock LS1, but the differences are certainly marginal. Evos are definitely one of the direct threats to LSx on the streets and should certainly be respected.

As far as getting pulled over, don't get crazy on a busy street and that shit doesn't uusally happen! Glad everyone got off easy at least!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

are here's where this ends.

thread starts off about one thing, then it goes off in a completely different direction. then we start 'making up' cars that with tons of modifications will out do the previous car mentioned in the thread.

you want to bench race, then do it at www.benchracing.com . also, if all you can do is quote 'facts' out of magazines to dispute what people say happens at actual tracks, then go to www.ionlytalkmagazinefactstodisputereality.org .

every time a thread goes off from the original topic, i'm locking it and i'll start handing out alerts/warnings. don't like it, then sign up to those websites.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I look up facts all the time, thats where I come up with my info.

Lets get something stright right now. You don't know ANY "Honda and Nissan" guys running "well over 400WHP" and getting 30MPG. Lay off the crack buddy. My friend has a Civic "Bubble" with a B18 w/ cams, and it only manages low 20's MPG. There is nothing magical about jap motors that allows them to get such great gas mileage. You're simply making up bullshit to suit your arguement.

Guess how much I care about your supposed "400HP" Nissan 'RB" 240sx. Yep, I don't even need to say it. I'm sure your inline 6 sounds like complete shit with an open header too, no need for you to give any more details. I can just imagine the horrible sound.

Nobodys impressed by your made up 400HP Nissan. So I suggest you "keep your trap shut"

Were are you looking up your facts at Sears?

I have built a B18B series block, Eagle sleeved, Forged pistons,Rods, Steel crank, Cometic headgasket, ARP head studs, Block guard, GSR cams, Gt28 turbo,@ 18lbs of boost and made 436WHP @248lbs tq. @ 24MPG, 28.6MPG Highway on 103 Octain. Made 398WHP on 93 Octain.

I have built a Nissan KA-T, Stock Crank, Eagle Rods, Weisco pistons, Metal heagasket, ARP head studs, Stock cams, Stock intake, GT25 turbo, running 10PSI, Made 280WHP and 311Ft tq, Daily Driver Gets 25MPG.

I have built a 400 small block for a 69 camaro, Made 542WHP @530Ft TQ All motor, 11:1 compression, 110 octain.

Built a 302 in a 93 Mustang, Stock internals, Aluminum Brodix heads, mild cam, .60Trim turbo, on 10lbs of boost made 596WHP on 110 Octain.

I think I know a smiggin about honda's, Nissans, Chevy's, Fords.

Your buddies car must have had a bad tuner or driver one.

Have you ever heard an RB?

Didnt think so, Until you hear one, Dont assume they sound like SHit!!!!
    They dont sound like no Piece 4 cyl, But has a rumble like a V8

Your the type of guy that prob goes out in his V8 picking on the smaller guys for fun, Have you ever raced a real Car? Too bad you dont leave near me.

Ya 99% of the 4 cyl world is B.S but for that other 1% They will hand your ass too you.

As for the Evo's has anyone Rode in the 2007 or 2008's?

Those cars are amazingly fast, Handle like a go- cart and gets decent gas milage,

I am still waiting for the New STI to come out too test Drive it and compare the EVO.

Hey Wesman, Here is my So called made up 400WHP 240sx Skyline Powered Rb25Det inline 6. I have more money settin in this pic than you prob got in your house. Enjoy!!!

Thread Information