Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Of course i wouldnt understand, my friends have had a total of 6GTs altogether ranging from 95-04. But i wouldnt understand taking an horrible looking slower car over a my T/A, no no i wouldnt. You made a good switch but if you wanna go back jsut go back and get beat like every other non forced induction GT.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Ok yea LS1s stock are faster cars and GM does make stock faster motors unless ford superchargers one of theirs. That is a fact now lets see what else is there to compare. Who has stronger rear ends? Ford, who has stronger transmissions, Ford, who is easier to work on? Ford. Both the F-bodies and stangs are amazing cars and much better then any import. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I would choose the mach1 over the camaro becasue its not that much slower at all plus you know your going to be a tougher car. IMHO i rather spend money on mods for the motor for more power over spending money on a car that needs to handle to power.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You think the mach1s rear end and clutch can handle a built motor you think if you build a motor you wont have to upgrade your drive train, you got another thing comming, not to mention on a mach 1 if you put cams and port heads it will cost a hell of alot more cause it has 4 and you wont be able to make as much power off just the motor as an ls1.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

You, yet again, center around motor. He specifically said, LS1s make more power, we've established that. Try and defend your GM engineering, i dare you. GM cant engineer something user friendly to save their life. Besides internals, mustangs have cheaper bolt-on mods than fbodies. Granted, thats not GMs fault, but its a fact none the less. And honestly, in my opinion, its not about how fast your car is compared to the other guy's. That becomes an income game, whomever has the most money has the faster car, period. No, in my book, whomever builds their car how THEY want to build it and LOVE their car regardless, thats what its all about. Ford (and their aftermarket) makes it easier for those types of people.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

wow this is seriously funny as hell... my friend who owns the mach 1 is laughing is ass off right now at your fight... specially u JwMon... cause... what your saying it totally unfounded... LOL... he admits to the fact that all of you say is pretty much untrue...and he owns the damn thing...

he does say it does look Sexy as Hell...but other then that you're just pretty much talking out of your butt...

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    wow this is seriously funny as hell... my friend who owns the mach 1 is laughing is ass off right now at your fight... specially u JwMon... cause... what your saying it totally unfounded... LOL... he admits to the fact that all of you say is pretty much untrue...and he owns the damn thing...

he does say it does look Sexy as Hell...but other then that you're just pretty much talking out of your butt...
    He doesnt know his own car then...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    He doesnt know his own car then...
    dude... um... if you didn't know... Stock Mach's are lyiable to snap axles even on stock power...trans wise... they are about even... and anything else is all a matter of how you drive... anywho...hopefully later tonight we'll have our run...

wish us luck!...

2004/2003
    Honda S2000/ Ford Mach 1

It should be a good run then considering the numbers his mach put down.. but I am going to have to say he truly does not know his car if he thinks that stuff.. I am a fan of both, I have owned an WS6 ls1 and a Mach.. IMO, my mach was gorgeous, I would post pics but prolly be banned lol.. but Mach's also weigh approx 200 lbs less than f-bodies which gives a little edge with power/weight.. I think it would be a close race, but is Mach is not putting down the power that mine did, so I can't compare mine to his.. I think that it is going to be a drivers race, and I will be interested to know the results.

And you cannot compare a Mach 1 to a GT, it's like comparing the lt1 to an ls1, it's not really any comparison.. I raced full bolt on gt's with a stock mach 1 and still pulled..

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

One of my close friends has a mach1, I know that car very well. As rare as they kinda of are, there are lots of mach1s in my area. I seen what they do and well aware of what they are capable of. Of course mods and parts are going to be more expensive, but if money was not a problem I think the mach1 is a better bang for the buck.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Well we just raced...and I'm posting the Results in a new Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    You think the mach1s rear end and clutch can handle a built motor you think if you build a motor you wont have to upgrade your drive train, you got another thing comming, not to mention on a mach 1 if you put cams and port heads it will cost a hell of alot more cause it has 4 and you wont be able to make as much power off just the motor as an ls1.
    Dude mach rear end sucks Guys have broken rear axles with just nittos and dumping clutch. They usually get read end build with 31 splines axles.

As for clutch as long you dont put a stage 3 its ok cause eventually youll break your inputshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged05 View Post
    It should be a good run then considering the numbers his mach put down.. but I am going to have to say he truly does not know his car if he thinks that stuff.. I am a fan of both, I have owned an WS6 ls1 and a Mach.. IMO, my mach was gorgeous, I would post pics but prolly be banned lol.. but Mach's also weigh approx 200 lbs less than f-bodies which gives a little edge with power/weight.. I think it would be a close race, but is Mach is not putting down the power that mine did, so I can't compare mine to his.. I think that it is going to be a drivers race, and I will be interested to know the results.

And you cannot compare a Mach 1 to a GT, it's like comparing the lt1 to an ls1, it's not really any comparison.. I raced full bolt on gt's with a stock mach 1 and still pulled..
    And for the record Machs weights like 100-150lb more than f bodies

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

link to the new thread?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

got it

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    And for the record Machs weights like 100-150lb more than f bodies
    No.
    2003 Mach 1: 3380
    2002 Trans Am: 3517
    2002 Camaro: 3574

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    No.
    2003 Mach 1: 3380
    2002 Trans Am: 3517
    2002 Camaro: 3574
    where do you get your weight figures?... as I recal 3425lbs... is for the SS fully equiped....

my car doesn't have T-Tops or anything... it's pretty bare... so I'm guessing it's lighter... and the mach1...as per... Curb Weight is... 3450lbs or something like that...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listen the mach 1 as stated doesnt have a bullet proof drive train just cause ford makes the 9" all you kids think they put them in every race car lol, also how can you say bang for buck, those 4 overhead cam ford mod motors are some of the most expensive to mod, we pay 380 for 1 cam the have to pay damn near 1000-1200 for all 4 cams, then you have to get springs and blah blah blah and heads for those cars are insane in price. When you do cam those cars most make around 390rwhp which is good and close to a mild cammed LS1, but as far as price you have to pay atleast double for all the parts and 4 times for the cams.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Listen the mach 1 as stated doesnt have a bullet proof drive train just cause ford makes the 9" all you kids think they put them in every race car lol, also how can you say bang for buck, those 4 overhead cam ford mod motors are some of the most expensive to mod, we pay 380 for 1 cam the have to pay damn near 1000-1200 for all 4 cams, then you have to get springs and blah blah blah and heads for those cars are insane in price. When you do cam those cars most make around 390rwhp which is good and close to a mild cammed LS1, but as far as price you have to pay atleast double for all the parts and 4 times for the cams.
    Word man, dam expensive to mode engine, its almost you have to sell your nuts for it.

And for the weight dude no idea where you got that

Mach- 3465 lbs. (manual) 3475 lbs. (automatic) http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Word man, dam expensive to mode engine, its almost you have to sell your nuts for it.

And for the weight dude no idea where you got that

Mach- 3465 lbs. (manual) 3475 lbs. (automatic) http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm
    now for a little lesson in Spanish...

Quema ese carro tipo!!! y comprate un LS1...

translation... "Burn that Car dude!!! and buy an LS1... "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information