Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cobra's Wow!

10's N/A

Oh lets not get on the "supercharger displacement issue" - we could go all night with that one. Anyhow, both cars have great potential and both warrant respect. I will end my thoughts by saying...money, resale value, leather seats and a/c, all those factors (that have to do with cost effectiveness and not performance) aside; looking at the big picture, the LSX has greater potential than the 4v 4-6 - Period. And it should, it has more displacement. I believe deep down inside that even you know that, and I respect a person that defends what he believes.
    Just hope that you continue to run into your "buddies" naturally aspirated cars, cause if you ever happen to stumble across a forged blown LS1 - well, just pray.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...8101670c6b.htm
    Last edited by N20LT4; 08-25-2007 at 05:08 PM.

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    This attitude reminds me a few months back when my buddy brought 2 friends to my shop to show them my car and after I closed I took 3 other people for a ride and they (all F-body guys) were giggling like school girls and with 4 people it felt slow as crap. They were talking about it for weeks. I took the same guys for various rides in my SS with good results but nothing near the Cobra. Its impossible to go this fast this easy apart from a Terminator.

Youre gonna make 600-700rwhp from an LT1 with $6-10K? Show me a 600-700rwhp pump gas LT1 with out nitrous. Better yet make it a beautiful daily driver with AC and leather, thats only fair, thats what every Cobra has.

Exactly. To make 600-700rwhp you will have to BUILD something. With a Cobra you bolt on a blower thats easier than installing LT's on an LS1, I know first hand. Ford did ALL thier research on the short block. What would be in better shape now, a 2003 Cobra or a 1996 Camaro? Wow. Then you still need to see that the Camaro is worth AFTER youre done investing all that cash. The Cobra will actually hold every dime for years to come with no problems. Hands down victory. Point is any Camaro or Buick or Ford can be made to run 600+rwhp and runs 10's but few can be as civil as a Cobra and none will be as easy as with a Cobra. Thats all.

I have also for your record beaten 4 FI LS1's (including my last SS 3 times) so continue to hope. Youve never even been in a Cobra either, so how do you have any info to share? Only your invalid hopes.
    And your attitude reminds me of most of the WRX owners I know. They will throw their forced induction in your face but when you get one, it's not fair anymore.

I'm not dissing the cobra though. It single handedly gave me respect for mustangs. At least they finally did something right. I wouldn't get one, but that IS a nice car.

Just a question. How come your "600-700rwhp" mustang is only a tad bit over a second faster than a stock camaro and 3-4 times the price?

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    And your attitude reminds me of most of the WRX owners I know. They will throw their forced induction in your face but when you get one, it's not fair anymore.

I'm not dissing the cobra though. It single handedly gave me respect for mustangs. At least they finally did something right. I wouldn't get one, but that IS a nice car.

Just a question. How come your "600-700rwhp" mustang is only a tad bit over a second faster than a stock camaro and 3-4 times the price?
    My Camaro was $19K and my Cobra was $25K both were 2 years old. You can add that Im sure.

Are you kidding me, a whole second? Do you know what a second is at 120-130mph? My SS trapped 121 N/A and Im sure 127 with the 100 shot and the Cobra eased right away. I would need FI on any Ford or GM I ever own, hows that.

I do have a buddy who is doing his procharger W/100 shot on his 2000 Z28 and I know I will win that race too. Now would it outrun my car with a forged bottom, procharger AND nitrous? Hope so, thats 20K in mods alone to the Camaro vs $6K in the Cobra. A $500 nitrous kit on my Cobra will walk the Camaro once again though and for cheaper mod $$ too.

I look for FI LSX's but there are very few even around.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Oh lets not get on the "supercharger displacement issue" - we could go all night with that one. Anyhow, both cars have great potential and both warrant respect. I will end my thoughts by saying...money, resale value, leather seats and a/c, all those factors (that have to do with cost effectiveness and not performance) aside; looking at the big picture, the LSX has greater potential than the 4v 4-6 - Period. And it should, it has more displacement. I believe deep down inside that even you know that, and I respect a person that defends what he believes.
    Just hope that you continue to run into your "buddies" naturally aspirated cars, cause if you ever happen to stumble across a forged blown LS1 - well, just pray.

Actually I believe the LSX is the superior powerplant BUT only when forced induction is involved yet to be done correctly you have to replace the entire longblock with lower comp heads to run boost all day. Im not a N/A kinda guy. I need atleast 800hp from a street/race car. Now when Ford makes a 6.0l or a 7.0l Mod and FI, then that may change. AC, leather and resale value have everything to do with muscle cars these days. I want my cake and eat it too. Cobra is perfect.

C6 H/C/N20

Actually you dont even know your Cobras. I watched the Streetfire vid and know the Eatons and the Whipples. That sound is all Eaton whine baby. The vid was made by the Camaro owner and I see NO info on boost or mods but it is real easy to add "Whipple" to make your race look better. So that is a Cobra with less than 500whp. I embarassed my buds STS Z28 which makes perfect sense, add a 150-200 shot to the Cobra in that race.

That second vid was only a pullied Cobra and it KILLED the Camaro off the spray. I did like the broken dash shot inside the Camaro though!

10's N/A

Point proven with vid. Thread done.

C6 H/C/N20

Point proven with my last few races and me being the Cobra AND LS1 owner.

green
    94 z28

Not to mention that he's in denial now. He wants to talk about prices and which is the better bang for the buck and then to make it seem fair you can only consider what HE paid for it. Somehow his problem of paying about 20k for his camaro has to be in his defense against something that has NOTHING to do with anything I said.

Seriously kid. Yes, cobras are nice. But I'd rather buy a LT1 for 5k and spend the other 20k in mods that would blow away your cobra.

Also, I don't care about how fast you were driving. A stock cobra with a SUPERCHARGER is only a little over a second faster than a stock LT1 without any forced induction going 0-60 and from every quarter mile run I see online and websites that have their times for all cars, their quarter miles is hardly over half a second faster. Just seems pretty sad, to be honest. But then again, I've never personally expected much out of a mustang.

But I understand why you are how you are. So, what do you consider the average quarter mile time for a stock cobra? Stock 03 cobras only have 390 HP, right? http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12387/default.aspx

Point proven with my last few races and me being the Cobra AND LS1 owner.
    LOL, nice try I guess though. Seriously, a supercharged v8 with only 390 HP isn't that much to brag about. Especially considering you can save 15-20k and only need to gain 100-125 HP with a LT1 to have the same power and still be about 500 pounds lighter.

C6 H/C/N20

Not to mention that he's in denial now. He wants to talk about prices and which is the better bang for the buck and then to make it seem fair you can only consider what HE paid for it. Somehow his problem of paying about 20k for his camaro has to be in his defense against something that has NOTHING to do with anything I said.

Seriously kid. Yes, cobras are nice. But I'd rather buy a LT1 for 5k and spend the other 20k in mods that would blow away your cobra.

Also, I don't care about how fast you were driving. A stock cobra with a SUPERCHARGER is only a little over a second faster than a stock LT1 without any forced induction going 0-60 and from every quarter mile run I see online and websites that have their times for all cars, their quarter miles is hardly over half a second faster. Just seems pretty sad, to be honest. But then again, I've never personally expected much out of a mustang.

But I understand why you are how you are. So, what do you consider the average quarter mile time for a stock cobra? Stock 03 cobras only have 390 HP, right? http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12387/default.aspx

LOL, nice try I guess though. Seriously, a supercharged v8 with only 390 HP isn't that much to brag about. Especially considering you can save 15-20k and only need to gain 100-125 HP with a LT1 to have the same power and still be about 500 pounds lighter.

Why are we even talking? You dont even have an LS1 and I have already built my LS1 (they stopped making LT1's) and gotten bored with it and replaced it with the Cobra. When you have 500whp and can trap 125mph, then you can talk. Until then just do your magazine racing. By the way my little s/c V8 only makes 750-800hp with a little bolt on, not 390. Whats that bad LT1 of your pushing these days?

You have not even moved on to LS1's yet.
    500 lbs? Damn you need to get out more. They are 180lbs heavier and you loose 118 of that going live axle, gues who has that and another 78lb removed? You guess it, the Cobra that would eat your cars lunch no matter HOW much dough you wasted on that dream car of yours. WTF would want an LT1 worth 4K?
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 08-25-2007 at 08:41 PM.

10's N/A

Very good point(s) - Very good post!

C6 H/C/N20

Very good point(s) - Very good post!

Damn I thought you were smarter than internet racer. His car is only a few seconds slower than a stock Cobra.

You guys cant even to begin to think LT1's are better in any way than an LS1 can you? Serriously? You guys get to race 99-04 Mustang GT's and 350Z's.

Here's a quick vid of my car for ya.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...ce01497032.htm
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 08-25-2007 at 08:52 PM.

C6 H/C/N20

N20LT4, I did see your videos and I must say I am impressed and have no problem admitting it. You have a hell of a built LT1. Great vids. I know that is not the normal LT1 by any means and Im confident you had a bit more than $6K in mods but that is besides the point, that is a hell of a perfromer and yes since you can get LT1 for less than $5K these days, whtever you put into it would probably be a great bang for the buck. I do give credit where it is due, GM, Ford or anybody. Keep up the good work.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Jayplay...do you have ET's with your current set-up?

green
    94 z28

Why are we even talking? You dont even have an LS1 and I have already built my LS1 (they stopped making LT1's) and gotten bored with it and replaced it with the Cobra. When you have 500whp and can trap 125mph, then you can talk. Until then just do your magazine racing. By the way my little s/c V8 only makes 750-800hp with a little bolt on, not 390. Whats that bad LT1 of your pushing these days?

You have not even moved on to LS1's yet.
    500 lbs? Damn you need to get out more. They are 180lbs heavier and you loose 118 of that going live axle, gues who has that and another 78lb removed? You guess it, the Cobra that would eat your cars lunch no matter HOW much dough you wasted on that dream car of yours. WTF would want an LT1 worth 4K?
    Jesus kid, how stupid are you? I never said anything about owning a LS1 or tried to act like I own one or even USED one to argue with you. I've said LT1 the whole time. Yes, the LS1 is better, which would make it even BETTER for what I'm saying but since I do NOT own one I'm going with an LT1.

So your stock cobra makes 750-800 HP with a simple bolt on? How come you were going for 600-700 earlier, and how come mustang even advertised their 03 cobras even less than 400 HP? Oh...because you're a fanboy that knows more about the cars than the people that MADE them. I forgot, you're god.

So awsome, what bold on did you put on your cobra to make 350-400 HP? I really need to know, because you must be the ONLY one in the world that knows that amazing bold-on.

I don't have to own a Cobra to know the cost of the car and which could have more power for the money. Your car is 20k more, and only stock with 390 HP(as they advertised...why would they nock off 300 HP seeing as how the car was MEANT to have power to sell it?). I could go buy another LT1 for 5k, and make a gains of 125 HP without a supercharger for less than 5k and still have 10k for whatever I wanted. That's just the LT1. So stop arguing about one thing, and when proved wrong you go for something else. 25k for a stock car with only 390 HP from a SUPERCHARGER isn't anything to brag about. And no, that's not from a magazine, THEY advertised it at 390 HP.

Who would want a LT1 for 4k? I would, and most others would. Why pay 25k for a WHOPPING 390 hp car when you can spend 4-6k for the LT1 and only be about 115 HP away from the supercharged v8 the cobra has? Oh...just mustang fanboys I guess. Because as said above, it's easilly possible to make that 390 HP stock cobras have with less than 5k and still have 10k to do whatever you want.

Seriously, just face it. You paid 25k for 390 HP and ashamed of what a LT1/LS1 could do with that price.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Jayplay...do you have ET's with your current set-up?
    Nope, only went a few times with my SS. All street racing since I got booted with my Camaro at 11.40's without a roll bar. A roll bar is mandatory for any 10.99 run and I know it will be a one run at his point for an hours drive. Street racing will just have to do for now. I have a buddy with a 10.80 GN that we play all the time.

C6 H/C/N20

Xinthenight, you just have no clue what any 600+rwhp is capable of. That is obvious. You make all GM guys, myself included embarassed. Its also obvious youre not familiar with advertised HP and drivetrain loss. You dont think LS1's have only 305hp do you, I know your magazine says that. Any LS1 will run 300+ to the wheel and Cobras will run 370+ to the wheel. Not sure how your math is but I assume its basic. Figure that at 15% loss.

green
    94 z28

Xinthenight, you just have no clue what any 600+rwhp is capable of. That is obvious. You make all GM guys, myself included embarassed. Its also obvious youre not familiar with advertised HP and drivetrain loss. You dont think LS1's have only 305hp do you, I know your magazine says that. Any LS1 will run 300+ to the wheel and Cobras will run 370+ to the wheel. Not sure how your math is but I assume its basic. Figure that at 15% loss.
    Weird...how does that have ANYTHING to do with what I said? I said STOCK, not modded.

Do you know what modded means? If not, just a hint...it doesn't mean stock.

I love how you won't tell me that amazing single bold-on you did that made the stock 390 HP that Mustang advertised into a 750-800HP car.

C6 H/C/N20

Weird...how does that have ANYTHING to do with what I said? I said STOCK, not modded.

Do you know what modded means? If not, just a hint...it doesn't mean stock.

I love how you won't tell me that amazing single bold-on you did that made the stock 390 HP that Mustang advertised into a 750-800HP car.
    Here kid, post #102. Kenne Bell products. Took less time to install than it took to install Long Tubes on my SS.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58760&page=6

Who has a stcok car anymore?
    Look basic math for ya
    300rwhp x .15% = 345 HP for the LS1's and THEY were created for 1 hp/ci.
    370rwhp (some are as high as 385rwhp stock)
    370rwhp x .15% = 425 HP from a 281 ci baby engine.

Mine, 650rwhp x .15% = 747 HP on pump gas old tune.

I know you are a cool guy, some how were are just bickering.

"370rwhp x .15% = 425 HP from a 281 ci baby engine."
    it's not fair to compare this way unless you mention you have a s/c as well.
    your 425hp is not all motor but has the s/c in the equation as well.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    "370rwhp x .15% = 425 HP from a 281 ci baby engine."
    it's not fair to compare this way unless you mention you have a s/c as well.
    your 425hp is not all motor but has the s/c in the equation as well.
    Life is not fair and street racing is not fair. Who said anything was fair in racing? I was just showing that 390 was advertised. Dont worry, 346's are larger than 281's and Cobras are a little heavier, not mine but usual Cobras. Thats why I look for FI LS1's since my power is almost double that of a stock Cobra.
    Its all in good fun though.

In all actuality the eaton takes 60hp (more DT loss) to turn at 6K so that loss and the 425 would mean 485hp from 8lbs of boost from a 4.6 stock tune. Thats why the Twin Screws produce so much more power due to less parasitic loss from the blower it self. You gain 100rwhp at the SAME boost as stock with the KB. So that 370 x .15 = 425 with the eaton ends up being 470 x .15 = 540 HP 281 at 8-9lbs JUST from an efficient design, kinda like the LS1 heads vs LT1 heads. Thats what is impressive. The eaton HURTS in every aspect the Cobra.
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 08-26-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information