Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

what kind of direction is this thread taking? if its the same old f body vs. cobra debate why dont we let it go now. this can go on all day. i could care less about videos and bullshit bragging, the fact is that a select few people have run seconds faster than people with hundreds more horsepower. its all entirely about the suspension and how great of a sixty you cut. since when did it become the "it" thing to have 500 horsepower and just break 11s?

these cars have WAY more in them than people want to believe. roll racing does not really tell you shit because ive beaten a few vettes from a roll that i probably shouldnt of. i just know MY car.

a few years ago, mmff tested a stock ls1 z28 and it went 12.89 @108 in cold air with low d.a.

gmhtp ran a bone stock ss 12.96@107 on a 90 degree day. both of these runs were on the stock tires.

point? who knows. i just know that on the right day and with the right suspension anything can happen. i remember reading somewhere that someone piloted a new z06 to a 10.80 and no one believed it. why the hell not? i bet a cobra could easily get into the 11s with some air and traction.
    nothings for certain.

again i really have no idea whats being talked about. this is what happens when you scim and dont read.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    what kind of direction is this thread taking? if its the same old f body vs. cobra debate why dont we let it go now. this can go on all day. i could care less about videos and bullshit bragging, the fact is that a select few people have run seconds faster than people with hundreds more horsepower. its all entirely about the suspension and how great of a sixty you cut. since when did it become the "it" thing to have 500 horsepower and just break 11s?

these cars have WAY more in them than people want to believe. roll racing does not really tell you shit because ive beaten a few vettes from a roll that i probably shouldnt of. i just know MY car.

a few years ago, mmff tested a stock ls1 z28 and it went 12.89 @108 in cold air with low d.a.

gmhtp ran a bone stock ss 12.96@107 on a 90 degree day. both of these runs were on the stock tires.

point? who knows. i just know that on the right day and with the right suspension anything can happen. i remember reading somewhere that someone piloted a new z06 to a 10.80 and no one believed it. why the hell not? i bet a cobra could easily get into the 11s with some air and traction.
    nothings for certain.

again i really have no idea whats being talked about. this is what happens when you scim and dont read.

The slowest (competent driver) Cobra I have PERSONALLY seen was a stock 04 Yellow vert (pig) at Morosso WPB and he ran 12.77 @111. It was atleast 80 degrees that night. Faster then the red Z28 we all know of from GMHTP. I have that issue in my house somewhere. I used to drive around with it whan I had my SS I was so proud.

Ive seen them trap 113-114 stock, in person. One of the reasons I wanted one. With $800 in it, I was door to door with my H/C SS that I sold to my brother.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    The slowest (competent driver) Cobra I have PERSONALLY seen was a stock 04 Yellow vert (pig) at Morosso WPB and he ran 12.77 @111. It was atleast 80 degrees that night. Faster then the red Z28 we all know of from GMHTP. I have that issue in my house somewhere. I used to drive around with it whan I had my SS I was so proud.

Ive seen them trap 113-114 stock, in person. One of the reasons I wanted one. With $800 in it, I was door to door with my H/C SS that I sold to my brother.
    who gives a f?

good, then youre thinking what im thinking. i have no idea whats being debated, but i know its the cobra vs. the f body. MY point is that weight, suspension, and good launching (with good trap prep, good 60, blah blah blah) will yield great track times. there is no doubt in my mind that with shaved weight, good suspension, and stickies, you could be low low low 11s or better with 400 horsepower. of course its pretty much taboo to say that since everyone just KNOWS exactly what everyone else is going to run.

just so everyone understands this, i love my f body. i wont sell it. but i would in a heartbeat buy a cobra. i love them too.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Total posts: 59

What did you do, get banned and then allowed to register again and use the same username. You've been on here for years and haven't changed a bit.

No offense to the other F-Body guys but I must:

An 99-01 Cobra is right on an LS1's ass. I know, I owned 99, 01 and 03 Cobras. Bob Cosby ran very low 11's on a mildly modded engine in a 99 Cobra running NMRA with a lot of drive train mods though. He's pulling 1.4x 60's. I'm still waiting to see a bone stock 330 rwhp LS1. I'm a friend of Darren Hoyle in Taylorsville, NC with a Dynojet in his shop and he shows me tons of dyno sheets. A near stock WS6 with headers, exhaust tuned and lid made 330 rwhp SAE. He runs a Camaro by the way, 600 CI aluminum big block, 400 shot, runs 150 plus at Shadyside, Mooresville, Farmington (that's an 1/8th my friend) and sets track records all over the mid-Atlantic. I always post my correction when I post my dyno numbers. I'd have to see a 330 rwhp SAE on a bonestock LS1 for me to believe it. With todays manufacturing practises the days of the factory freaks died long ago.

From what I've see it's the other way around on complexes. Besides, you are the one with the problem. You haven't learned by now it's who puts the most moeny in their car that wins. Modded to modded and you are making an analogy. There is only one comparison, stock for stock, the 03 Cobra is at least 1/2 second quicker in the 1/4. Deal with it.

My buddy and I drove all over the mid-Atalntic to tracks, Bristol, Rockingham, Darlington, Richmond, Moresville, Farmington, Wilkesboro, Shadyside and a few more I can;t even remember. He makes on average about 30 more rwhp than me. I modded both our cars as we progressed from pulley swaps on teh Eatons, to header installs to KB installs. His is an inlaw to Johnny Lightning. He tuned his car, JDM did mine. He always had me. Mark wouldn't pass on a street race if it ran through the center of the police station. He drives like a maniac and I always end up following him more like chasing. I constantly had to tell him to slow down. I can't tell you how many vette, Vipers and F-bodies I've sat in the catbird seat and watched him drub the street with. Usually what will happen is they will fly up and screw with me. When they see I won't bite they fly up on Mark and get a dose of reality. When they finally realize it aint just a rustang they back off. You want to talk about a complex. Seeing the look on their face is about as comical as it gets especially vette and viper owners.

Here's one kill for ya. Mark had a guy that worked with him in his car when we were passing through Monroe, NC on 74 on our way to Rockingham. I was ahead of Mark about 6-8 cars. We were in the LH lane. I saw something white pull up from the right but didn't pay much attention. Right when I got even with him all I saw was a white flash that came into my lane about 2-3 feet and ran me into the median. He nailed it and ran right up on me door handle to door handle. It ws an SS with SLP badges. It had mods but I don;t know what he had. It was damned sure louder than mine. He kept mashing it and backing off. I rolled my window down. There is one thing that kills me is someone messing with you but are a fraid to make eye contact. I looked back and Mark ran right up on his ass, maybe three feet if that. Mark is a mean SOB. He was shot point blank in the cheek with a 9mm in Charlotte a few years ago. He's someone you need to pack a lunch if you are looking for trouble. I hollered, look, you are surrounded. He fianlly loked over laughing. When we got to a light I stopped as it turned red and this turd flew on through. Mark and I sat there and laughed. I could not believe my eyes when we got out of town and this turd was waiting for us on the side of the road. They lined up 5-6 times from rolls from 10-40 mph and it was nothing more than a royal ass whipping. That poor old boy went from thinking he was Mr. Bad Ass to getting a big does of humility. The SS was by himself and MArk with a passenger. Mark had 530 rwhp at the time.

Too bad you have no understanding of what racing really is about. Why am I surprised.
    It all sounds like good fun. I generally don't get into street racing but you've had your fun doing it and I appreciate that. I never got banned, I just got tired of arguing with guys like you, then the site went down and I had to re-register and well, I lost my 2000+ posts. Boo hoo.

There's no doubt about it, car building is all about the cash. My point was that '03 Cobra owners often think they're invincible in my experience. You and your buddy would have been quite dismayed if you had run across an LT1 for example and had your assed wiped. But shit happens, you know it, I know it. But nobody likes to get beat, especially the guy who think's he's the fastest and brags about it - like you.

There seems to be a dozen Cobra owners here who can't take it when they see a story about an '03 getting whacked. So they call BS. Not of course when an LS1 gets beat, that's totally believable and just always happens without exception. But the other way around? I don't think there's one thread on this site where a guy like you hasn't come in and called BS and attacked the poster. Worse, if there's a vid proving it? The guy's a troll and should be banned (a couple of dorks tried to pull that shit on me all the time).

But yeah, I believe you and your bud went cross country like idiots and killed vettes and Vipers. But 90% of the Vettes and Viper owners I see can't drive, don't have mods, and don't go all-out because they're scared or they are not that stupid.

And back in the legitimate world of drag racing, everytime I go to the track there is row upon row of SBCs and 351 Windsors that will absolutely trash your beloved Kenne Belle wonder, every day, every time.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    It all sounds like good fun. I generally don't get into street racing but you've had your fun doing it and I appreciate that. I never got banned, I just got tired of arguing with guys like you, then the site went down and I had to re-register and well, I lost my 2000+ posts. Boo hoo.

There's no doubt about it, car building is all about the cash. My point was that '03 Cobra owners often think they're invincible in my experience. You and your buddy would have been quite dismayed if you had run across an LT1 for example and had your assed wiped. But shit happens, you know it, I know it. But nobody likes to get beat, especially the guy who think's he's the fastest and brags about it - like you.

There seems to be a dozen Cobra owners here who can't take it when they see a story about an '03 getting whacked. So they call BS. Not of course when an LS1 gets beat, that's totally believable and just always happens without exception. But the other way around? I don't think there's one thread on this site where a guy like you hasn't come in and called BS and attacked the poster. Worse, if there's a vid proving it? The guy's a troll and should be banned (a couple of dorks tried to pull that shit on me all the time).

But yeah, I believe you and your bud went cross country like idiots and killed vettes and Vipers. But 90% of the Vettes and Viper owners I see can't drive, don't have mods, and don't go all-out because they're scared or they are not that stupid.

And back in the legitimate world of drag racing, everytime I go to the track there is row upon row of SBCs and 351 Windsors that will absolutely trash your beloved Kenne Belle wonder, every day, every time.
    There are NO SBC or 351W's anythings at the track with ac, leather and a DD that will thrash a KB car. No way my friend. Damn, there are Hondas near me who would walk anything you own, really.

Black
    2002 WS6

There are NO SBC or 351W's anythings at the track with ac, leather and a DD that will thrash a KB car. No way my friend. Damn, there are Hondas near me who would walk anything you own, really.
    I've had it out with so many guys like you I can't count. You think your car is a techno-wonder, but it's not the only car with a forged crank, pistons and a blower. And I don't go checking which cars have A/C and which don't when I'm at the track, and I don't know who uses what for a daily driver because I don't care. We're talking fast here, and at the track you're nothing special.

C6 H/C/N20

I've had it out with so many guys like you I can't count. You think your car is a techno-wonder, but it's not the only car with a forged crank, pistons and a blower. And I don't go checking which cars have A/C and which don't when I'm at the track, and I don't know who uses what for a daily driver because I don't care. We're talking fast here, and at the track you're nothing special.
    Well you seem to be a race only guy. I have a DD that can do both.

Pewter
    2000 z28

settle down children, there isnt even an argument anymore, just bullshitting going on.

the thread was about a bottlefed ls1 beating a cobra. whats the problem here?

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    settle down children, there isnt even an argument anymore, just bullshitting going on.

the thread was about a bottlefed ls1 beating a cobra. whats the problem here?
    That's the problem. The LS1 beat the Cobra, can't you tell?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    Ouch... how fast IS a KB Cobra...in the real world 1/4 type thing?!
    my friends 04 cobra with a KB went

60ft - 1.7
    1/8 -7.298
    mph - 102.55
    1/4 - 11.232
    mph - 125.8
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

C6 H/C/N20

That's the problem. The LS1 beat the Cobra, can't you tell?
    Youre actually wrong. My SS was awesome, no favorites here. But incorrect info should not be tolerated, not with me. I bet my SS would walk a lot of cars here but I was bored stiff with it.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    my friends 04 cobra with a KB went

60ft - 1.7
    1/8 -7.298
    mph - 102.55
    1/4 - 11.232
    mph - 125.8

Thats correct for around 15-16lbs boost. See, this is correct info, exactly what forums SHOULD have.

Black
    2002 WS6

Youre actually wrong. My SS was awesome, no favorites here.
    Bullshit. You're just like the rest of the Cobra owners. You spent a wad of cash on a car that is still getting beat by bolt-on LS1s and it gets you pissed.

But incorrect info should not be tolerated, not with me. I bet my SS would walk a lot of cars here but I was bored stiff with it.
    Yeah so? I got bored with my WS6 so I bought a 2007 Z06. Do you see me crashing threads and calling people liars when a Z06 goes down to a modded F-body? No, because it happens - not sometimes, but often. Even Cobras beat Z06s.

Anyway, I've had it with all this. It's been happening too long and I'm tired of beating down whining, uppity Mustang kids. Goodnight.

C6 H/C/N20

Bullshit. You're just like the rest of the Cobra owners. You spent a wad of cash on a car that is still getting beat by bolt-on LS1s and it gets you pissed.

Yeah so? I got bored with my WS6 so I bought a 2007 Z06. Do you see me crashing threads and calling people liars when a Z06 goes down to a modded F-body? No, because it happens - not sometimes, but often. Even Cobras beat Z06s.

Anyway, I've had it with all this. It's been happening too long and I'm tired of beating down whining, uppity Mustang kids. Goodnight.

Never been beat by an LSX anything with the Cobra, but in actuality that could be anyday. I am ACTUALLY building my friends 00 Z28 with a procharger @ 8lbs and a 100 shot. Then we are gonna run each other, watch who wins that one.

Aint gonna be the Camaro. Congrats on the new car.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Take that 2.8 Whipple 03 to a major 1/4 mile track in your area, and race the baddest LSX cars there, I KNOW you will get your ass handed eventually, if not that day. The real competition is at the track.

Hell, a stock C6Z might put a walking on you.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol not a stock c6 z06 but one with headers, exhaust a tuen and drag radials will run 10s all day long. I have seen plenty of lsx powered cars in my area that could take you, saw a lingenfelter c6 z06 on the freeway, race him i dont care what lingefelter package he has even if its the cheapest he is still running low to mid 10s.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I don't know man, hasn't some guy pulled a high 10 with a stock C6Z?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I saw a vidoe that claimed to be a stock c6 z06 with drag tires and the car ran a 10.9. Im sure it could be possible, like i said i do know that headers exhaust and a tune with slicks and they will run 10s all day.

C6 H/C/N20

Dream on, Ive already messed with a Yellow C6 Z06 all stock. The guy wouldnt even keep into it, I was walking away each time he hit it! Im sure he didnt want to lose. Any car that traps 140mph will beat me on my street tune. No big deal. I dont even have $32K into my Cobra ($25K car included) and I will walk the mighty C6 Z06, with a little 4.6 NO LESS!

How about a stroker LS1 vs a 2.6. Not the 2.8H race blower, just the 2.6.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=756515

Read post #25 too.

Why are we fighting? We can all go race imports and stop fighting.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yeah, getting off the path here. time to put the road block up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information