2004 CTS-V

The bump stop is actually called a Jounce Bumper

The bump stop sits atop of the spring

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post

I got the two names confused. Thanks for the clarification. Still, will I need to make any modifications for the wheel setup I mentioned earlier?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by potziac02 View Post
    Blackwidow99... I have a 2002 WS6 with stock suspension and I am considering Torq Thrust Ms in the rear 17x10.5 (44mm offset) with 315-35-17s (possibly BFG KDWs). Do you think I would be able to fit them without hammering the wheel wheel or grinding the bumpstop? I would like to avoid doing that if possible. Thanks!
    Shoot man you could probably get away with it.

Keep in mind, you might get them on and have no issue, but it's going to get alot closer while turning or with groceries in the car. Go on a test run after you get them on with some moderate speed turns. Listen for squeaking and check for rubber in the wheel well when your done.

I recommend the safe route. The mods literally take 20-30 minutes, and could save you a pair of tires.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow99 View Post
    Shoot man you could probably get away with it.

Keep in mind, you might get them on and have no issue, but it's going to get alot closer while turning or with groceries in the car. Go on a test run after you get them on with some moderate speed turns. Listen for squeaking and check for rubber in the wheel well when your done.

I recommend the safe route. The mods literally take 20-30 minutes, and could save you a pair of tires.
    I will definitely keep that all in mind. Thank you for the information!

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

FYI, you CAN run 315's on a 9.5 wheel!! I think they look great!! And it does not rub at all!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    FYI, you CAN run 315's on a 9.5 wheel!! I think they look great!! And it does not rub at all!!
    Yeah, and it looks like a balloon and wears the tire out in the middle. Maybe on some classic muscle but not on a Late Model

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Everyone ignore this post.

White
    '02 Formula A4

Is there such thing has having too much grip? I mean i'm stock right now but of course I wont be forever. I have traction problems now(Kumho Ecastas) and was just wondering after how much power should you really upgrade to the bigger tires? I don't see a point to upgrading to a 275 then do a few more mods and then upgrade to a 315. So when should you upgrade to 315's?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1 View Post
    Is there such thing has having too much grip? I mean i'm stock right now but of course I wont be forever. I have traction problems now(Kumho Ecastas) and was just wondering after how much power should you really upgrade to the bigger tires? I don't see a point to upgrading to a 275 then do a few more mods and then upgrade to a 315. So when should you upgrade to 315's?
    Too much grip? No such thing.

315's are fine for a stock car, there's no need to wait until you hit a certain point with your mods. Kumho Ecsta's are pretty cheap tires, but you may want to consider some suspension mods to keep those tires planted.

If you really want grip and aren't too worried about tread life or inclement weather performance, upgrade to some DR's. You can shave plenty of time off your 1/4 by putting DR's on a stock car. If you're going that route, set aside some $ for a new 12 bolt/9 inch.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have Kumho Ecsta's also, 275/40/ZR17

When my Camaro was stock, I would take off from a dead stop or a roll and smoke the tires. It was tough to get a good start on the street when running another car.

Now I am modded with 400 HP and 4:10s and I can not take off at all with out worrying about hitting the rev limiter. Wider tires & wheels, IMO, would definnitly help and Drag Radials are not an option because of $funds$ and the miles that I put on my car.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I am curious, do the Kumho Ecsta Supras were out in the center first for you also? I have tried lowering the pressure and I can't prevent it?

My 275/40/ZR17 Kumho's are on 17x9.5 ZR-1's

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Black widow, dude people should ignore you for that stupid remark you posted!! After mounting my 315's, many 4th. gens are running them:especially at the track!! And they dont bubble bad all. I will email you pictures so you can judge them for yourself, they DONT look bad!! Now, is there such a place called Atlanta, Gawga??

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Black widow, dude people should ignore you for that stupid remark you posted!! After mounting my 315's, many 4th. gens are running them:especially at the track!! And they dont bubble bad all. I will email you pictures so you can judge them for yourself, they DONT look bad!! Now, is there such a place called Atlanta, Gawga??
    I would like to see pics too. Post them here

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

The 4th gens with 315's you see at the track have 10.5" or 11" wheels.

Read the tire manufacturers recommendations.

If you are foolish enough to try it fine . . .

If you find a tire shop ignorant enough to install them fine . . .

But encouraging others to recklessly experiment, NO.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Thanks for the info

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Im NOT encouraging anyone to do anything!! Im just telling anyone that you CAN run 315's on 9.5 wheels and they look good!! You want to talk UNSAFE, fine!! You probably dont have drag radials on you Camaro 'cause it aint that quick anyways!!:however, how many of us utilize the suggested air pressure (cold/hot) when we go to the track? Bet we ALL run well under that rating!! Heck, even NASCAR breaks those rules; some to the extreme even! So keep your self-rightous, over-analyzing comments at bay and reserve your incompetence of stupidity and ignorance to yourself!! Have a nice day!!!

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I saw 315s mounted on 9" wheels with no isues. The guy has been running them for over a year and they look fine. Not worn in the middle or unevenly either.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I saw 315s mounted on 9" wheels with no isues. The guy has been running them for over a year and they look fine. Not worn in the middle or unevenly either.
    I agree,
    I'm running 9.5 z06 wheels, 275 MT Et street DRs on the rear, which eqaul 315 Nitto DRs in width... they run and look good without a problem.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post

atop the spring is the spring isolator.
    the bumpstops and jounce spacer are together... the jounce spacer comes on the SS, and it should simply be removed for added suspension travel.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information