Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Stock 99+ 4.6 SOHC GTs are pretty quick cars mated with a t45/3650 5 speed. Definitely a great starter to build on, like you said. And you missed Mach1s too, those are a badass package if you want a DOHC but dont want to spend 10k more for a terminator.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Stock 99+ 4.6 SOHC GTs are pretty quick cars mated with a t45/3650 5 speed. Definitely a great starter to build on, like you said. And you missed Mach1s too, those are a badass package if you want a DOHC but dont want to spend 10k more for a terminator.
    if you consider mid 14's fast,lol

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

When my 99 GT was stock it ran a 14.2...id call that pretty quick considering they're built more with comfort and engineering in mind rather than raw power. With a set of nittos and a cold air, i was down to 14 flat, could have gotten into 13s with another couple runs.

When my 99 GT was stock it ran a 14.2...id call that pretty quick considering they're built more with comfort and engineering in mind rather than raw power. With a set of nittos and a cold air, i was down to 14 flat, could have gotten into 13s with another couple runs.
    lol, dude are you kidding me?? comfort and engineering??=bwaaa hahaha...the comfort is worse than an f-bods...{stangs back seat} ...and engineering?? the lt/ls engines are waayy better engines than the 2v sohc 4.6's and thats just 99-04...i dont wanna even get into the previous years,lol...as far as comfort, the 05+ are nice, however that 3v 4.6 still has to play catch up...but 14.2 is a good time for stock, i usually see em runnin 14.5-14.3
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Im basing comfort by comparing my 01 trans am to my 99 mustang. My mustang was far more comfortable and spacious than my trans am. And dont give me shit about back seats, thats irrelevant. Engineering i should have worded more along the lines of "how easily can this fucker be taken apart and put back together". For instance, change spark plugs in an LS1 faster than i could in my mustang and ill give you 10 bucks. A 20 minute job in the mustang was a several hour job in the TA.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Are you serious my mom has a 01 GT the interior is gay as fuck.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Lol. Matter of opinion i guess? They've stuck with the same general interior from 94 to 04. I personally like it. Its not the best looking by any means...but it isnt 'gay as fuck'. I never said anything about the design anyway, just the room. Design is all matter of opinion, you cant argue with dimensions.

Im basing comfort by comparing my 01 trans am to my 99 mustang. My mustang was far more comfortable and spacious than my trans am. And dont give me shit about back seats, thats irrelevant. Engineering i should have worded more along the lines of "how easily can this fucker be taken apart and put back together". For instance, change spark plugs in an LS1 faster than i could in my mustang and ill give you 10 bucks. A 20 minute job in the mustang was a several hour job in the TA.
    i have to disagree with the comfort in the front seats...my buddy had a stang that i was always in...but hey people have different opinions...well lets get down to brass tacks here...whats faster stock, looks better, responds three times better to mods, and cheaper to buy...i mean there iiis a reason you bought your ta and not another stang, right?? lol

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Other than being cheaper he is right the 4.6 stang is far out done by the ls1. My buddy has a 94 cobra R wit ha 8ps1 turbo kit on it i beat him by about 1 car length now instead of 10 lol.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea, to kill time until i can afford a terminator. Just happened to be a nice looking TA in the neighborhood. Has nothing to do with loyalties.
    Fbodies are faster stock because they cost 10k more than a mustang when they were introduced.
    Looking better is matter of opinion...
    Responding better to mods only makes GM look bad for restricting the hell out of them to begin with. But either way, they dont respond that much better to mods than mustangs. Longtubes make a proven 15 horse in a 4.6 romeo, and a proven 20 in LS1s. 15 times 3 is what? Not 20.
    Being cheaper to buy is a matter of location really lol. I can find a 99 mustang for FAR cheaper than a 99 LS1. But in other places ive heard the other way around.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yes because the ls1 is so restrictive

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Other than being cheaper he is right the 4.6 stang is far out done by the ls1. My buddy has a 94 cobra R wit ha 8ps1 turbo kit on it i beat him by about 1 car length now instead of 10 lol.
    ...they only made the Cobra R in 95 dude.
    But ill agree with you on that, the early SN-95 mustangs are slow as piss and a disgrace. They were girl cars unless you got a Cobra, which even still was slow out of the factory.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

All the Gts are slow except the new ones, whcih arent fast but arent too slow.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

...wow.

All the Gts are slow except the new ones, whcih arent fast but arent too slow.
    lol, vague, harsh, but true

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

damn loyalists.

damn loyalists.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Im not just being loyal, personally the mustang body style is ugly too me, the performance from the GTs is sad, mid 90s they were v8s making 245 at the crank,99+ is waht 260 crank. Common thats bad, my mom was so pissed when she got her GT, she used to own a 99 GTP and bought the mustang then raced my friends 2000 GTP and lost by 1 car length. the next sentence to come outta her mouth was alot of swear words and the word ford alot. My buddys 95 i guess it is lol, Cobra R with the 5.0 turbo in it only beat my friends lt1 z28 by 1-2 cars at the most. The cobra r is faster than the GT.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Im not just being loyal, personally the mustang body style is ugly too me, the performance from the GTs is sad, mid 90s they were v8s making 245 at the crank,99+ is waht 260 crank. Common thats bad, my mom was so pissed when she got her GT, she used to own a 99 GTP and bought the mustang then raced my friends 2000 GTP and lost by 1 car length. the next sentence to come outta her mouth was alot of swear words and the word ford alot. My buddys 95 i guess it is lol, Cobra R with the 5.0 turbo in it only beat my friends lt1 z28 by 1-2 cars at the most. The cobra r is faster than the GT.
    Hahaha. Cmon dude, seriously. GTPs are low 15 second cars on a good day. You can dog on mustangs all you want, we all know they're better than 15 second cars. And if by some stretch of imagination that is true, then your mom cant shift for shit or she has somehow made an auto shift wrong.

If that is a true 95 Cobra with documentation, then i dont believe that for a second. Not by a long shot. They are rated and proven to be 13.8 second cars. Turbo that and your probably into the 12s. Any other mods and your probably good for low 12s. Im hoping that LT1 was modded, or that story isnt adding up....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My moms ran a 14.6 bone stock me driving, so dotn tell me thy are low 15s, and my friend johns had 65k miles on it when he ran a 14.8 bone stock.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information