Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

My son's a senior this year, too.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ya, I can't wait to get the hell out of high school. haha, my school called the PC police or something, it's turning into a jail. looking forward to college for sure.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol they need to put a bolt on ls1 against a bolt on GT on pinks just so the stang guys will finally shut the mouths. I have a friend with a 2004 GT always telling me he thinks we would be close, him saying this after he rode in my car. so i said one day lets line em up. After the race he was quick to apoligize for ever putting our cars in the same league. Then he said he thinks his car and our friends Mach 1 would be close, once again saying he was sorry afterwards. GTs are the biggest joke for a v8 ford could ever pull off. For the people who buy them because its a mustang and they think it will be quick, I truely feel for you.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

News flash: a 2000 T/A and a 03/04 Mach IS a good race, assuming equal mods/drivers.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Who said they werent? I said the GT raced the mach and said sorry.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Golly - I'm sorry (which is what he said, I guess). You implied otherwise, and judging by the other silly remarks in your post, I committed the cardinal sin - I ASSumed.

Silly me.
    Bob

pink!!! haha
    Mustang Gt

most people that buy gt's like them cuz of the looks(not for speed). Thats why I bought my 02, so don't feel bad for stang owners, only if they run there mouth and get their ass whooped in a race then feel bad for them cuz their to fuckin stupid to know that a stock gt is going to run with an ls1...thats why i pitty alot of ricers..not all 4.6 are puss ass cars..when it comes down to it, its all bout the ben franklins..and i think someone said that the guy would need to put a supercharger just to run with u...naa when i had just a full exhaust i was running wit z28's until bout70mph then they will start pullin..and bout 110 or maybe have a car on me..my lt1 i just bought is going to be my car to race with(not all out race car)

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Then he said he thinks his car and our friends Mach 1 would be close, once again saying he was sorry afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Golly - I'm sorry (which is what he said, I guess). You implied otherwise, and judging by the other silly remarks in your post, I committed the cardinal sin - I ASSumed.

Silly me.
    Bob
    No, you just read to fast. I don't think calling the GT's slow is silly. I am a car lover but it is somewhat pathetic that Ford has to slap F/I on their motor to keep up w/ stock Chevy's. I know you love to defend your Ford's but you seem like a competent, fellow racer, and there's no replacement for displacement. I think you'd agree w/ that.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Heh well technically the superchargers are adding displacement. A 289 with a 120 CI blower 9like most of the ford S/C if I remember right, technically makes its air useage equivalent to 409 ci. Still I'll stick with my 346 CI (for now until the wallet cools and I get a 400+ CI motor) and just add to it with a decent twin screw supercharger myself That and wait until GM adds one on the car in my avi and get it.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    No, you just read to fast.
    Never been accused of that one before. But I think I was right. Still do.

I don't think calling the GT's slow is silly.
    We all have our opinions - I disagree with yours.

I am a car lover but it is somewhat pathetic that Ford has to slap F/I on their motor to keep up w/ stock Chevy's.
    That is an old, played, and misleading line that comes out from time to time. Please do some research on the subject. Start with why Ford chose to go with a blown 4.6 in the 03/04 Cobra, look at what n/a Mach 1s are capable of, and research performance comparisons of pre-1998 Mustangs/Camaros.

I know you love to defend your Ford's
    Show me, please.

but you seem like a competent, fellow racer
    You're a racer? What class do you race in? What series?

Or do you mean on the street? Didn't you say you've never been beat on the street? Then you go on to say that you've been "blown away by several 11 second cars". With all due respect, that's not flattering, given the ETs in your sig (taking nothing away from the actual performance of the cars themselves, which is pretty good).

and there's no replacement for displacement. I think you'd agree w/ that.
    Only if the statement is qualified. There is more than one way to make up for a lack of cid - rpm is one, a power adder is another.

Me personally, I'll take the N/A route every time (done the power adder thing - I'm over it), and while I certainly consider the LSx to be the best mass-produced performance engine ever (bar none), that doesn't mean that others can't compete - and even win.

white
    2002 z28

all i have to say is that the new gt 500 has a 5.4 w a blower not the reg 4.6 . i dont care what anybody says thats a mean set up but all look at the price tag

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

It is a mean set up till you factor in the 4200 pounds they weigh. I have seen cammed ls1s take that 500hp beast. As for the 4.6 is good in the mach 1, and the cobra but when it all comes down to it a 350 has more potential than a 289. As for power adders if you run the same setup with a 4.6 or a 5.7 what will win, we all know the answer. Ford also made a 4.6 in the GTs that made 245hp at the crank GG ford lol my moms v6 monte carlo makes that much lol. The truth is 04 and pre GTs get beat by stock GTPs lol.

As for rpm you put cams in our cars they red line higher and higher, the ls1 is a better motor to start with than anything else ford has put out. the mach 1 is nice, so then you S/C it and its fast. S/C a ls1 and its faster the same with the terminator, as for the GT its over before it began, and dont get all butt hurt because you bought a Cobra that is 4 years too old.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 05-14-2007 at 06:29 PM.

white
    2002 z28

i think that ford whole profacachy!!! lol

white
    2002 z28

or legacy, to come in 2nd

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Before I even start I would like to know your name BLKCLOUD. W/ all due respect you seem to lack respect w/ some condescending posts towards some younger members. I think we can see eye to eye, but right now I don't care much for you or your posts... And I never like to be like that w/ anybody. Now on to address your statements.

Never been accused of that one before. But I think I was right. Still do.
    This was stated because you did not read the post. You flew through it and read it incorrectly. Where are you missing that. It was not meant as a shot at you, but merely a true statement.

We all have our opinions - I disagree with yours.
    That is perfectly acceptable. GT's are not slow, obviously, but in comparison to other performance cars they are most certainly slow to be deemed a muscle car. And up until this current gen GT they were quite pathetic in stock form for being a sports car. I don't care what you say about that.

That is an old, played, and misleading line that comes out from time to time. Please do some research on the subject. Start with why Ford chose to go with a blown 4.6 in the 03/04 Cobra, look at what n/a Mach 1s are capable of, and research performance comparisons of pre-1998 Mustangs/Camaros.
    Honestly, Ill have to agree w/ you on this one. Its was overlooked by me on the Mach 1's performance. They are quite impressive to be competiting as a 4.6 to the LS2 6.0. I only say this because I have seen two seperate bone stock Mach 1's go 13.1. I have seen a few stock Goats go 12.9s but typically more in the 13.1 to 13.3 area. Most Mach 1s I see dont' go below 13.4 but most are right there. Pretty stiff comp to me.

Show me, please.
    I'm not taking my time to. You are in every thread that has to do w/ a mustang defending it. I'm not wasting any more time on this. You're completely entitled to do so.

You're a racer? What class do you race in? What series?
    Right here, www.ecirs.org. Been doing it for two years w/ these guys. Last name Fiordaliso. You can look at everything from point spread sheet to lights and dial in times. Yea, I race and I've been cutting shitty lights this year. Shitty lights being .060 to.090. And my car is dead consistent.

For shits and giggles, here you go. http://www.ecirs.org/2006/2006race4.htm

Or do you mean on the street? Didn't you say you've never been beat on the street? Then you go on to say that you've been "blown away by several 11 second cars". With all due respect, that's not flattering, given the ETs in your sig (taking nothing away from the actual performance of the cars themselves, which is pretty good).
    No, I haven't really ever been beat on the street. Ill have to go back and look but I'm pretty damn sure I stated I've been blown away by several 11 second cars on the TRACK. I don't remember you posting in there so who's the one trying to flatter here? Thank you for the compliment on the times. Its been quite a ride trying to get the Impala where it is. It really sucks to have a almost stock SUV run a faster time than the Imp ever has.....

Me personally, I'll take the N/A route every time (done the power adder thing - I'm over it), and while I certainly consider the LSx to be the best mass-produced performance engine ever (bar none), that doesn't mean that others can't compete - and even win.
    I have differing opinions on this. I love the whine and B/O of a S/C or Turbo. I also love being able to do a H/C job on a vehicle and having it running 11s and look pretty stock minus some headers..... Its a give and take. You want people to know its fast or you want them to guess its fast?

Again, I'm simply offering rebuttle here. I don't frequent the forum because quite honestly most of this does not apply to me so I am far from qualified to interject. I have enough forums to visit that I am a avid participant in. I'm in here because I like to read and sometimes get some laughs outta some of the posts. I do race and not a lot but about 20 times a year. SO this section is very entertaing for me. But back to the beginning, I'm saying I don't know what some of your other posts may offer but the posts I've seen you make here is always bashing someone down for their opinion and being quite rude about it. Try a more suttle approach sometimes is all I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by ImpalaSSpeed96; 05-15-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

all I know is that my Camaro beat his GT Mustang easily. Mach 1 Mustangs are another deal, but GTs aren't much competition stock. and he had weight taken out and some minor mods. I know that some types of Mustangs can beat LS1s, but then again some LS1s can beat those, such as the eliminator, or the Nickey Camaro with 1000 HP. but, I started this thread talking about GT Mustangs, so your arguments are off topic. I'm talking about a GT Mustang vs. my SS Camaro, not "what Mustangs can beat SS Camaros." So if you aren't gonna talk about GT's, start your own thread. thanks.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    So if you aren't gonna talk about GT's, start your own thread. thanks.
    NO offense dude but your thread would have had 4 responses, not 4 pages if thats what you wanted to talk about. Because there is no competition of a stock GT vs a stock SS. If you know how to drive, a new stock GT shouldn't even take you.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I know, I didn't think it would get this big. haha, I just wanted to tell people the story. We're doing a rematch for money soon. he still thinks he might have a chance.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I know, I didn't think it would get this big. haha, I just wanted to tell people the story. We're doing a rematch for money soon. he still thinks he might have a chance.
    He's an idiot. Get as much money out of him as possible. Only suggestion I have is don't let him spray. If he sprays, you might as well kiss that race good bye. He should already get you outta the hole and then with an extra 150 ponies up top, I fear you have no chance of catching up at that point. Get your launches down on the street until the race happens.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

he already said he wont do nitrous because he thinks he'll blow his manifold. I wont say any different.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information