Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    yeah my car is heavy as hell (3920lbs w/me in it) but it still moves (unless you think walking Cammed LS1's isnt moving, thats all relative).im glad youre proud of your raggedy gutted car,have fun driving it. Ill be having fun out here SMOKING some (not all) H/I/C LS1's! (and of course other cars that arent faster than mine)
    It still has the carpet (minus deadening) and the two front seats. It doesn't look bad at all inside. Considering you paid 17K more for your car than I did, you should be smoking them. 17K, that must be a gold plated supercharger.

Feels satisfying to outrun an 8K dollar car with no supercharger? Your parents must be proud of all their hard work!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Dang! Where did all these Ford lovers come from? You guys must post on other boards and asked your fellow Found-On-Road-Dead brethren to chime in.

This thread is about F-bods outrunning Terms, not the other way around. We all know it is usually the F-bod losing, we don't need Ford guys to come in here and rub it in.
    Last edited by Roastem; 07-20-2007 at 07:37 AM.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

yeah...some of you are just being nut huggers.

i love the terminator, but im not gonna let you just trash on an f body just because the terminator is faster in stock form.

the fact that h/c ls1s beat supercharged cobras is all the reason one needs to see just how advanced these engines are. not to say i dont love the cobra, but i own an f body.

and while some of the cobra owners are on their high horses...lest we forget what would happen if forced induction is introduced to an ls1???

we can go with what ifs all day but i have seen a graph from a kenne bell ls2 that was producing 500 rwtq at 2200 rpms.....

just wanna put things in perspective, because, not to make excuses, but if you put the same 2.4 kenne bell on an ls1, it would scream and make a cobra look a bit silly.

but enough with speculation, both are two very capable and nice cars.

and by the way, why all the ripping on interiors?? thats kinda metro...

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    It still has the carpet (minus deadening) and the two front seats. It doesn't look bad at all inside. Considering you paid 17K more for your car than I did, you should be smoking them. 17K, that must be a gold plated supercharger.

Feels satisfying to outrun an 8K dollar car with no supercharger? Your parents must be proud of all their hard work!
    WTF you dont know how much i paid for my car so dont assume anything. I paid $19000 for this car because we took it (ripped the trade!) in at the dealership i used to work at so i snatched it up, although ive seen them go for 30K. You paid 8 K for your car? I wouldnt be proud to own an asset thats depreciated so much in a matter of just a few years! LOL .

secondgearscratch
    quit talking about "ifs" thats for bullshitters. We can both go on and on with "ifs" and end up with prostock cars with monstrous engines. Have you seen what a production block (429-460) 557 cubic inch big block ford does with heads/cam and supercharger? it would shit all over the LS2, 500TQ@2200 pfffft no problem and it would cost less to boot, but enough about ifs. I never said the LS1 or LS2 were shitty engines, they make good power for their size N/A, but with forced induction? the 4.6has proven to be as capable of making power as the LS1 with a supercharger or turbo also. DOHC baby

Pewter
    2000 z28

WTF you dont know how much i paid for my car so dont assume anything. I paid $19000 for this car because we took it (ripped the trade!) in at the dealership i used to work at so i snatched it up, although ive seen them go for 30K. You paid 8 K for your car? I wouldnt be proud to own an asset thats depreciated so much in a matter of just a few years! LOL .

secondgearscratch
    quit talking about "ifs" thats for bullshitters. We can both go on and on with "ifs" and end up with prostock cars with monstrous engines. Have you seen what a production block (429-460) 557 cubic inch big block ford does with heads/cam and supercharger? it would shit all over the LS2, 500TQ@2200 pfffft no problem and it would cost less to boot, but enough about ifs. I never said the LS1 or LS2 were shitty engines, they make good power for their size N/A, but with forced induction? the 4.6has proven to be as capable of making power as the LS1 with a supercharger or turbo also. DOHC baby
    didnt i just say done with speculation. this was intended for you to get off your high horse. if you honestly think that with the same supercharger you could make more power with a 281 as opposed to a 346 than youre more clueless than i thought.

the point is, there is no comparison between the dohc 281 and the ls1. the ls1 will make tons more power with minor bolt ons than a modular engine will, and thats just the way it is. more cubes=more torque. i really dont have to use the excuse of "oh the cobra has forced induction" because who cares, its a damn good setup. but you cant argue that as far as naturally aspirated, youre dohc is in hot water when your staged with a ls1 powered car.

and oh the big block would shit all over blah blah blah. i was merely using an example of your fabled kenne bell blower and what happens when its put on an lsx paltform. just the fact that you dont understand the analogy and then talk about pro street cars is pretty ignorant. 500 ft/lbs at 2200 rpms is crazy, so show me what dohc engine with a kenne bell does that with a blower cam and forged internals. it made well over 1200 hp. but i guess thats nothing compared to your 475. we're talking about small blocks here. on pump gas.

all youre doing is waving your dick around because you have a cobra. hey, i never said i could beat one, i never said i didnt like them or respect them. i have raced 3 so far and gotten walked. i have a stockish car so im really not worried about it. if you wanna be an asshole about your car go ahead, just dont direct it at me.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

A mild 2.2 KB 04 Cobra dyno graph...

Torque at low rpm is nice, but it doesn't win races (unless you race from 1000 to 4000 rpm). Torque at high rpm (the last 2000 rpm or so of your rpm range) does. Certainly torque down low makes a car feel VERY good on the street.

Pewter
    2000 z28

oh i know, im just making a point that it was already making that much torque at that low of an rpm. i cant find the dyno i had looked at but here is one with the kenne bell on a 403 c.i. ls1

i dont even really know what im arguing about to be honest bob. i love cobras. i dont know how i got into this. never said i beat em, never said they werent fast, never said anything.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Well, FWIW, I'm a big fan of the LSx, and certainly understand its advantages over the modular.

That said, I'm sticking with modulars - though I will be N/A from now on. I sold my 04 KB Cobra some time back (that's what the dyno above was from), and have bought my old 99 Cobra back. Just finished getting everything off the motor and will pull it out Sunday, and deliver to my engine builder Tuesday. Looking for 400 RWHP and some 10.9s.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Well, FWIW, I'm a big fan of the LSx, and certainly understand its advantages over the modular.

That said, I'm sticking with modulars - though I will be N/A from now on. I sold my 04 KB Cobra some time back (that's what the dyno above was from), and have bought my old 99 Cobra back. Just finished getting everything off the motor and will pull it out Sunday, and deliver to my engine builder Tuesday. Looking for 400 RWHP and some 10.9s.
    thats bad ass.

what kind of weight are you shooting for??

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah if its anywhere near stock weight you can kiss 10s goodbye.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

secondgearscratch
    Who cares how much it depreciated. It's the best car you can buy for the price. Plain and simple

Oh now you want to talk big blocks vs. small block engines....ok that makes no sense whatsoever. On top of that chevy makes a better big block...ever hear of the chevy 572?
    14k for 720hp out of a crate engine
    http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=22655
    add forced induction
    http://www.stevemorrisracingengines....ne-1500hp.html

Just leave the ls1 forums, you are embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 07-20-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Why are we even talking about these motors, but if you want to my girls friends uncle has a 570something aluminum block superchargerd making over 1400rwhp in a 79 stripped T/A and her other uncle has a stripped 71 chevelle with a 496 with a 300 direct port shot. Great there are huge motors making massive power lol. Hes also putting that setup in the 79 T/a into a 98 Formula Hard top. Gonna be a sick car, I feel so gay when i roll up in my car to there house yeah i ran a 12.8 hes like 7s all day lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Yeah if its anywhere near stock weight you can kiss 10s goodbye.
    I ran 11.4s with 355 RWHP @ 3340 lbs. On drag radials, in Kansas City, in June. I'm pretty sure I know what its going to take to go 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    thats bad ass.

what kind of weight are you shooting for??
    Thanks. Should come in around 3200 lbs or so.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I ran 11.4s with 355 RWHP @ 3340 lbs. On drag radials, in Kansas City, in June. I'm pretty sure I know what its going to take to go 10s.
    on Nitrous? what was the torque? 60' ?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I don't do nitrous. 60' on that particular run was a 1.619.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Who cares how much it depreciated. It's the best car you can buy for the price. Plain and simple

Oh now you want to talk big blocks vs. small block engines....ok that makes no sense whatsoever. On top of that chevy makes a better big block...ever hear of the chevy 572?
    14k for 720hp out of a crate engine
    http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=22655
    add forced induction
    http://www.stevemorrisracingengines....ne-1500hp.html

Just leave the ls1 forums, you are embarrassing yourself.
    I said PRODUCTION BLOCK meaning the same blocks you get from a passenger car. You dont actually think 557 is as big as ford guys do? do you? (although that displacement can be had with NO block clearancing,that cant be said for the chevy) . The affordable A460 block can be made to over 600inches.
    This is exactly what i was talking about, enough with the "ifs". Wah, wah, wah, "if" the LS1 had a supercharger wah, wah, wah, if the LS2 had a supercharger.........enough already, if yours dont have it quit trying to glorify someone elses accomplishments, theyre not yours.Enough with the hypotheticals he started talking about an LS1 or LS2 with a supercharger (which wasnt his) so i just threw out something that wasnt mine, apparently he didnt get the point.
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 07-20-2007 at 04:33 PM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

this is getting out of hand. time to shut the fun off.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112

Thread Information