Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    ok how much does a 100 shot setup cost ??????
    will cost the same as a 125 or 150. @ this point, it's only jet sizes (nitrous tuning)... jets are cheap.

depending on the kit w/ safety, we're talking 1k$ ball-park # with all you need.
    Then there are the refills.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    will cost the same as a 125 or 150. @ this point, it's only jet sizes (nitrous tuning)... jets are cheap.

depending on the kit w/ safety, we're talking 1k$ ball-park # with all you need.
    Then there are the refills.
    how many races will 1 refill last and how much $$$$ are they ???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

yea im wonderin how much refills cost. thats like my main question

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

wtf ............i must be out of my mind thinking about getting giggle juice, i would be dead in a week !!! lol think i will stay out of this thread

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

wtf ............i must be out of my mind thinking about getting giggle juice, i would be dead in a week !!! lol think i will stay out of this thread
    haha. i should put it on my car lmao.

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

round these parts a 10lbs bottle is $40-$45 but it can be much more in diff places round the country

95 TA A4, Black on Black C5 Z06 wheels, CAI, 160 powerstat, TB coolent bypass, TB foil, LT4 Knock Sensor, STB, SFC, Poly trans and torque arm mounts, flowmaster muffler, gutted cat, and hypertech tuned.
    http://www.fquick.com/SexyTransAm

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    round these parts a 10lbs bottle is $40-$45 but it can be much more in diff places round the country
    well thats a good approximation. exactly what i was lookin for. so... how often do u guys refill?

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

well i dont spray my 95 but i did my 80 and i would go bout 10 1/8 passes then fill just to keep from gettin too low

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

shouldnt u be drivin a honda? oh and do us all a huge fav. and dont ever talk again
    wow. hmmm. hey moron, this is called a joke. now i know this is hard to believe, but i post on this website because i own an ls1. do you honestly think i was being serious? my post had nothing to do with the question, which is why its defined as a JOKE. and do me a favor, look up the word "sarcasm", its right under your picture thats captioned "gullible"

btw theres my car for reference at the bottom
    oh great intentions, ive got the best of interventions...

Missouri and Central IL members come in!!!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48861

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    well thats a good approximation. exactly what i was lookin for. so... how often do u guys refill?
    rule of thumb a 10lbs bottle has 10 passes of 100hp shot.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

ok how much does a 100 shot setup cost ??????
    It all depends on MANY options and kits. You could get a set-up for $500-1200. And if your good with wiring you can save yourself install charge by getting everything wired and take it back and have it tuned.

On the wear and tear ? it places NO more than normal WFO abuse! AS LONG AS IT'S A/F RATIO IS CORRECT AND THE TIMING IS PROPER.We have a car that we blew 250-300 through for over a year and to give you #'s blew 138 bottles through WITH OUT EVEN A SINGLE BURNT PLUG!
    But there is also "non-educated" people that go out there with a baby 100 shot and blow there car up on the second bottle.

It's like everything else the hole set-up has to be there!!!
    If you have a stock fuel pump and injectors that are on a 90% dutycycle cause they are on the small side for all your mods you already installed.......Tapping into the fuel system now to plumb the fuel solenoid will not be a proper set-up.

And on the ? about how many passes with the 250 jets I could make 3 solid passes and that is purging before the pass and hitting it right out of the gate.

I would compare it to turning on another motor. There is NO comparisons. Cause if you do a "real" shot which would be 150+ your gaining even more tq than hp. You have to have it on a hand held button!!! Not just a wide open throttle switch.

Most people that are scared and have storys are clueless!!! They are going off of someone elses hear say or tried to do a install in the driveway and did a hack job on the install thats why they had problems NOT because there was actual problems with the kit.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    rule of thumb a 10lbs bottle has 10 passes of 100hp shot.
    exactly what i wanted. thanks.

i guess that answers all my questions, so feel free to discuss all u guys want

BLACK
    00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    It all depends on MANY options and kits. You could get a set-up for $500-1200. And if your good with wiring you can save yourself install charge by getting everything wired and take it back and have it tuned.

On the wear and tear ? it places NO more than normal WFO abuse! AS LONG AS IT'S A/F RATIO IS CORRECT AND THE TIMING IS PROPER.We have a car that we blew 250-300 through for over a year and to give you #'s blew 138 bottles through WITH OUT EVEN A SINGLE BURNT PLUG!
    But there is also "non-educated" people that go out there with a baby 100 shot and blow there car up on the second bottle.

It's like everything else the hole set-up has to be there!!!
    If you have a stock fuel pump and injectors that are on a 90% dutycycle cause they are on the small side for all your mods you already installed.......Tapping into the fuel system now to plumb the fuel solenoid will not be a proper set-up.

And on the ? about how many passes with the 250 jets I could make 3 solid passes and that is purging before the pass and hitting it right out of the gate.

I would compare it to turning on another motor. There is NO comparisons. Cause if you do a "real" shot which would be 150+ your gaining even more tq than hp. You have to have it on a hand held button!!! Not just a wide open throttle switch.

Most people that are scared and have storys are clueless!!! They are going off of someone elses hear say or tried to do a install in the driveway and did a hack job on the install thats why they had problems NOT because there was actual problems with the kit.

this makes me want nitrous again.. i think i will get a 150 shot after my m6 conversion.. i was iffy bout it cuz i have 104k miles on my car now.. wish i was stil in cali so you can help me hook up..but im sure i can find somone in texas

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

shouldnt u be drivin a honda? oh and do us all a huge fav. and dont ever talk again
    Maybe he should have made it a little more obvious that he was JOKING.

You actually though he was being serious?? Come on now

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

It's about $4 a pound, and it's not dangerous if you do it right. Don't be cheap and you'll be safe. Get a good nitrous tune, don't listen when people say you don't need to tretard the timing. not-retarding is for retards. Maybe you can be safe without it, but it will NEVER be as safe as actually pulling timing. You'll love it. "real power" costs you gas mileage and wear on the car constantly. Nitrous doesn't, when you don't use it it's like you have never touched the car.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by stangkiller2005 View Post
    this makes me want nitrous again.. i think i will get a 150 shot after my m6 conversion.. i was iffy bout it cuz i have 104k miles on my car now.. wish i was stil in cali so you can help me hook up..but im sure i can find somone in texas
    High milage motors LOVE the bottle.........ONLY IF IT'S NOT BURNING ANY OIL!!! The looseness helps aid in the high cylinder pressure.

ANY OIL CONSUMPTION = DETONATION!!!

We have run straight 50w oil in very loose motors to aid in cylinder sealing and it has worked. Thats why everyone was doing early Fox bodys for the longest......They had factory forgded pistons so you could blow 250 all day and have a 10 second street car with a 150,000 miles plus on it.

Anyways don't be scared just go to your local track and see who is really out there ALL the time with nitrous cars that are fast and not blowing anything up and you'll find out who is really a good tuner and who isn't.

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Maybe he should have made it a little more obvious that he was JOKING.

You actually though he was being serious?? Come on now
    ya never know. i know some people that really think that way

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Is there a way to retard the timing on my 99 T/A? Or will it do it by itself when i spray it? By the way 200 shot wet setup. And what is the best spark plugs to be using? What should they be gapped at? Thanks again

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You could put a 50 shot on anything with 02 sensors and fuel injection.

I had a nitrous kit on my tricked out 88 GMC sportside. Assembled the damn thing from shit off ebay. Tank, lines, switch, solenoids, jets, for about 300 bones, separate auctions. The tank I got off ebay came out of a show car, and just happened to match my paint scheme.

I just drilled a hole in the plastic K & N housing, and screwed in the fogger nozzle, and installed nitrous button that you could hold in your hand via a telephone cord type line.

Moral of the story, I sprayed it for two years with no tuning or ANYTHING. The shot was so small the injectors could make up for lean conditions. I have the feeling the LS1 could do the same, especially on a car without an aftermarket cam.

Initially I had fabbed a cold air intake that sucked air under the bumper, and intalled the nozzle down there. BIG MISTAKE. Around the 10th time I sprayed it a nitrous backfire turned my homemade cold air into garbage. Blew that shit to pieces. After that I put the nozzle pointing directly into the blades, and was rewarded with reliability and instant response.

At the time I was strapped for cash, so like any racer, I made due and had to jerry-rig a few things. Sue me!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Airguy View Post
    Is there a way to retard the timing on my 99 T/A? Or will it do it by itself when i spray it? By the way 200 shot wet setup. And what is the best spark plugs to be using? What should they be gapped at? Thanks again
    Yes there is a way to retard your timing.
    NO it won't do it by itself!!
    For a 200 shot you need to run AutoLite Racing plug AR93 and I would run the gap at .035.
    You need some type of programmer such as the Predator or have someone with software such as LS1 Edit or HP Tuners to go into the ECU and pull timing out.
    It's a must to pull the timing out when your adding that much liquid oxygen!!!

Also I hope you have a fuel pump that can keep fuel pressure up with your motor and bottle needs..........

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information