Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by 1 of 122
    But the LS6 and LS7 is all GM. Times haven't changed....Ford GT and Dodge Viper can't touch the 06 Z06.

How come Ford can't make an all motor supercar? The GT is great car but it basically has the blown 5.4 from the Lightening. And the Viper is all motor but it needs 2 more cylinders than the LS7 to make less power.
    my friend ss cam and nos got beat by the new z06 on the highway it was moving.

Quote Originally Posted by bbs281
    thats about right because if i had that much money i would just get the vett and the ford gt the viper in my book is not worth it ,but the ford gt is better then the new z06 but not for the money,you know that you can buy the ford gt heads and the motor
    why would I want to buy the engine? I could built something better.

silver
    01 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    why would I want to buy the engine? I could built something better.
    the ford gt heads are the best heads out there and you cannot buy cobra r heads,i guess you could go with the 03-04 cobra heads there the nexts best,what do think about the new cobra

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

the ford gt heads are the best heads out there and you cannot buy cobra r heads,i guess you could go with the 03-04 cobra heads there the nexts best,what do think about the new cobra
    Best heads out there as far as what...from the factory? There's plenty of aftermarket heads that out flow the gt heads....go check out some AFR's.

you are referring to stock, I could careless what a stock head flows. I wouldnt leave the head untouched.

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    there isnt any company that makes after market heads for Modular engines. It sucks ass.

silver
    01 mustang gt

you are referring to stock, I could careless what a stock head flows. I wouldnt leave the head untouched.

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    there isnt any company that makes after market heads for Modular engines. It sucks ass.
    i know but you have to work with the best heads that you can get your hands on ,from the start the new ford gt are best out there for the mod motor cars .i know there are better heads out there for the push rods motors,but we are not talking about that.do you still have the 4.6 or do you have a stroke 5.0L these are some good dyno numbers for a all motor 4.6,with kind cams are you using VT or COMP.:beer3:

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

Who cares about a pathetic PUTTstang? The first year a new stang could beat a new F body was when they didn't make an F-body!!!!
    "NO box NO bottle, just brains and throttle"

i know but you have to work with the best heads that you can get your hands on ,from the start the new ford gt are best out there for the mod motor cars .i know there are better heads out there for the push rods motors,but we are not talking about that.do you still have the 4.6 or do you have a stroke 5.0L these are some good dyno numbers for a all motor 4.6,with kind cams are you using VT or COMP.:beer3:
    there wouldnt be any reason to spend the money on the GT head when you can port out any of the DOHC head and get better performance. Im running Comp cams with a .020 over pistons

thanks 00SSVERT for that highly intelligent post, wow such GREAT car knowledge.

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

Another point no one has brought up is that the Cobra.. is NOT normally aspirated.. it IS running a super charger.. super charge or a turbo on an LS1… Ford drivers.. Bow down and get on you knees..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Corona-Extra
    Another point no one has brought up is that the Cobra.. is NOT normally aspirated.. it IS running a super charger.. super charge or a turbo on an LS1… Ford drivers.. Bow down and get on you knees..

incorrect again, the stock shortblock of a ls1 will not be able to handle the same power a Cobra engine would. Ls1's have 346 cubic inches and a Cobra has a 281cu in with a blower.

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

well.. if your not a cheep ass.. and do it right.. you reinforce everything in/on the motor.. (pushrods.. crank.. heads.. timing chains.. ect.) you shouldn’t have a problem.. Besides.. there are MANY people out there who have supercharged stock LS1 blocks..... LS1 Vs. Cobra.. run them at the same PSI.. LS1 dominates..

PS. did you engineer both of these blocks and run all the stress test on them as well?

White
    2003 Ram 2500

not to be an ass to the mustang fans on here. everybody has their own thing. but mustangs suck. i have two friends one with a 01 mustang gt and one with a 1999 buick regal with the 3.8 supercharged engine in it. well we got bored one day and lined them up. believe it or not the buick won so now i look really down on mustang yeah the may have the aftermarket world but they still suck. sorry guys

well.. if your not a cheep ass.. and do it right.. you reinforce everything in/on the motor.. (pushrods.. crank.. heads.. timing chains.. ect.) you shouldn’t have a problem.. Besides.. there are MANY people out there who have supercharged stock LS1 blocks..... LS1 Vs. Cobra.. run them at the same PSI.. LS1 dominates..
    of course when the ls1 becomes fully built it can handle more, but so could the cobra once you put better parts in and changed clearances for more of a race engine. And there hasnt been very many stock ls1s dominating any 03-04 engine, not sure where that internet BS came from. There was a post on ls2.com of a turbo charged stock shortblock ls1 getting pulled by a bolt on 03-04 cobra.That turbo sure flows a lot more air than the Eaton on the cobra. Even with 346 cubic inch engine, it still got pulled

Transam98
    WOW you are basing your opinion on ONE slow ass car. So now all mustangs run 15s like that blown 3.8 does? That is a pretty childish way to look at other cars.

Silver
    '03 Cobra

Arrow

incorrect. The stock rim and tire is 28 inches. Lowering it down to a 26 inch tire/rim combo is like putting a 3.73 rear gear into the diff in the back. I have multiple rear axle and gear excel spreadsheets if you would like proof.
    Actually, the 225-60/15, 225-55/16, 245-45/17 and 275-40/17 tires are all right around 26" tall.
    None of them are a 28" tire.
    In fact, in many cases you'd need to trim the rear wheelwell lip to even fit a 28" tire on a Mustang.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorman
    Actually, the 225-60/15, 225-55/16, 245-45/17 and 275-40/17 tires are all right around 26" tall.
    None of them are a 28" tire.
    In fact, in many cases you'd need to trim the rear wheelwell lip to even fit a 28" tire on a Mustang.

S.
    the 245/45/r17 stock GT rim & tire is 28 inches tall, not only does the speed calculation accurate but my speedo is dead on as well. If it was 26, then my third gear wouldnt go passed 100mph.

Silver
    '03 Cobra

Dude...you are dead wrong on this.
    A 245/45-17 tire has an outside diameter of 25.7".
    M&H makes a 275/50-17 DR that's 28" tall.
    Ford hasn't put a 28" tall tire on a Mustang.

The 26/10.5-15 he was running is the same height as a stock tire.
    I can't post links on this board since I have fewer than 10 posts, but all you have to do is go to one of the tire manufacturer websites or Summit Racing and see for yourself.
    True story.
    Cut and pasted from Summit Racing...
    BFG-74062 $137.95
    Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow
    Application Show All

Brand: BFGoodrich
    Product Line: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS Tires
    Rim Diameter (in): 17
    Tire Size: 245/45-17
    Sidewall Style: Blackwall
    Tire Construction: Radial
    Directional: Yes
    Tube Required: No
    Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: Yes
    Speed Rating: W
    Load Range: 95
    Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 7.5
    Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 9.0
    Tire Diameter (in): 25.7
    Section Width (in): 9.60
    Recommended Rim Width: 7.5-9 in.
    Tire Size 1: 245
    Tire Size 2: 45
    UTQG Tread Wear Rating: 400
    Traction Rating: AA
    Temperature Rating: A
    S.
    Last edited by Snorman; 11-16-2005 at 07:50 PM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Snorman
    Dude...you are dead wrong on this.
    A 245/45-17 tire has an outside diameter of 25.7".
    M&H makes a 275/50-17 DR that's 28" tall.
    Ford hasn't put a 28" tall tire on a Mustang.

The 26/10.5-15 he was running is the same height as a stock tire.
    I can't post links on this board since I have fewer than 10 posts, but all you have to do is go to one of the tire manufacturer websites or Summit Racing and see for yourself.
    True story.
    Cut and pasted from Summit Racing...

S.
    You are 100% right. I went through enough rear tires on my turbocharged 99 GT to fill a dumpster. The stock height with 17" wheels was 25.68. I had the 245/45, 275/40 & 315/35 and they were all the same height.

I looked over my excel spread sheet and I was wrong. I dont know why my formula for the diameter of the wheel tire/combo was taken out. I measured my 17 inch 255 tires at home and its right or a tad less than 26 inches. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking

but back to the arguement, a cobra will redline at 7k for a mph of around 120. I dont see how it will be redlining going through the traps yet only be trapping 110. Usually the trap speed is only a bit off of the speed you go through the lights at, not 10mph off.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Did I join a mustang forum by mistake

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information