Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

When is this warning gonna disappear?

Alright mods, I got a warning about a YEAR ago for saying something to a troll (and I have seen far worse from people who didn't get a warning), and it is still on my posts. I think we ALL get the point you guys were trying to make by now. Don't you guys think that the time is a little severe in which you allow warnings to follow people around.

Plus, somebody (don't know who) gave me a bad rep and then an alert for talking to someone else about why they are selling a car they "said" they were proud of and in love with.

You guys are getting way too harsh on handing out red marks. I don't think I cursed on either of those posts, and I give respect where respect is due. But sometimes being badmouthed deserves badmouthing in return. You can't just turn the cheek everytime someone slaps you, but I can also understand that some people must be ignored. On the other hand, turning the cheek once is being the better man, turning it twice by the same offender is being cowardly.
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-15-2007 at 05:06 AM.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Alright mods, I got a warning about a YEAR ago for saying something to a troll (and I have seen far worse from people who didn't get a warning), and it is still on my posts. I think we ALL get the point you guys were trying to make by now. Don't you guys think that the time is a little severe in which you allow warnings to follow people around.

I thought they went away after 180 days? And here I was looking forward to being tattoo-free next month.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Alerts drop off accounts after 30 days.
    Warnings after 180 days
    Bans after 365 days

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Warnings after 180 days
    Bans after 365 days
    With my luck, I'll boo-boo in exactly 179 days!!!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

The 'rutting season' should be over by then though?

You would think all the springtime joisting ill be over in 179 days???

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

The 'rutting season' should be over by then though?

You would think all the springtime joisting ill be over in 179 days???
    My 180 days expire on 4/11. I hope.

Rutting season. Good one. And here I am scheduling the big "V"!!!

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Plus, somebody (don't know who) gave me a bad rep and then an alert for talking to someone else about why they are selling a car they "said" they were proud of and in love with.

You guys are getting way too harsh on handing out red marks. I don't think I cursed on either of those posts, and I give respect where respect is due. But sometimes being badmouthed deserves badmouthing in return. You can't just turn the cheek everytime someone slaps you, but I can also understand that some people must be ignored. On the other hand, turning the cheek once is being the better man, turning it twice by the same offender is being cowardly.
    Yea, thats pretty friggin lame. Probably won't be long till I get some too then. I'm like you, someone pops off I return fire.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I don't know who left you a bad rep point, but I gave you the alert for what you posted in the "Post your Camaro's" thread. I had posted in the thread after you and Shelby made your initial off topic comments to knock it off and keep it on topic. Several days after that, you went back and quoted her last post and started back up. I then sent you the alert to which you never replied to me. Usually with an alert, if the member responds to me and we discuss the matter I will remove the alert, but you never communicated with me. I really don't know how you wouldn't know that I gave you the alert, because you receive an automated PM regarding the alert and it states who the mod was.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I thought they went away after 180 days? And here I was looking forward to being tattoo-free next month.
    Warnings after 180 days
    Bans after 365 days

Your warning has been with you almost 6 months, in fact it will drop off your account in 3 days. The alert was just given to you and will also be removed in 30 days.

We are actually pretty lax in enforcing the rules but sometimes we have to give out warnings.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I don't know who left you a bad rep point, but I gave you the alert for what you posted in the "Post your Camaro's" thread. I had posted in the thread after you and Shelby made your initial off topic comments to knock it off and keep it on topic. Several days after that, you went back and quoted her last post and started back up. I then sent you the alert to which you never replied to me. Usually with an alert, if the member responds to me and we discuss the matter I will remove the alert, but you never communicated with me. I really don't know how you wouldn't know that I gave you the alert, because you receive an automated PM regarding the alert and it states who the mod was.

My whole deal with that thread was this, it was there for people to show off their pride and joy, not to give them up for adoption.

Posts like, "Here is my baby, it is so beautiful." Then a couple pics, then an extremely lame "It's up for sale."

There is a for sale section for cars, and that was no place to try and sell your car. That was my beef.

I didn't know we were supposed to respond to alerts.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

My whole deal with that thread was this, it was there for people to show off their pride and joy, not to give them up for adoption.

Posts like, "Here is my baby, it is so beautiful." Then a couple pics, then an extremely lame "It's up for sale."

There is a for sale section for cars, and that was no place to try and sell your car. That was my beef.

I didn't know we were supposed to respond to alerts.
    I made a post asking everyone to refrain from off topic posts, you were the one that didn't refrain, hence the alert. Its up to the individual whether or not they choose to respond to an alert. I took your no response as you didn't seem to care about the incident so that was closure on it for me.

You could have also chosen to continue the discussion with Shelby via PMs instead of making it all public. That particular thread wasn't the place to be discussing your beef with her.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Well, she wasn't the only one who attempted to sell their car on that thread. I meant for it to be applied to everyone who was trying to sell their car on that thread.

As a moderator, it makes sense that YOU should have been the one to say something first, NOT me.

PM's are for personal stuff, and I didn't think that was personal.

It was a matter of opinion that my post was off topic. I didn't think so. I don't think that I deserved an alert on the first offense. Maybe you should have PM'd me directly so I would have known you were referring to me.

Either way, my questions have been answered. Thanks Ed!
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-16-2007 at 04:07 AM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Well, she wasn't the only one who attempted to sell their car on that thread. I meant for it to be applied to everyone who was trying to sell their car on that thread.

As a moderator, it makes sense that YOU should have been the one to say something first, NOT me.

PM's are for personal stuff, and I didn't think that was personal.

It was a matter of opinion that my post was off topic. I didn't think so. I don't think that I deserved an alert on the first offense. Maybe you should have PM'd me directly so I would have known you were referring to me.

Either way, my questions have been answered. Thanks Ed!
    Page 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Guys, please keep this on topic and civil. It would be a shame to ruin a great thread like this by a bunch of bickering and unnecessary discussion. Lets just stick to posting up pics of all of our nice Camaro's and offering up positive comments
    I did say something FIRST, you just failed to adhere to it. If you had taken the time to respond to the alert I sent you, we could have discussed it then and I most likely would have removed the alert. Instead, 4 pages later on page 29 you tried to ignite the conversation again. I don't know how my statement could have been anymore clear.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You are right, I am wrong. If I can wait 180 days for a warning to disappear, I can wait another 30 days for the alert to disappear also.

Does this appease the mod god, or shall my thumb be sent as payment also?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

You have to understand, before I put in this warning system. We would just hand out bans. People complained so we starting giving warnings.

Alerts are meant for first time offenders. Think of it as a warning a cop would give you for speeding. Nothing happens but its on your record for other Mods to see.

Which keeps track of the trouble-makers. Without it, I would not have know you were warned.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

It is a good system Ed. That being said, 3 months with a warning would have been enough for me to get the point.

Black
    2004 Z06

I was wondering why I get so many points per incident. The last one was 4 points for one incident.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

+1.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

You are right, I am wrong. If I can wait 180 days for a warning to disappear, I can wait another 30 days for the alert to disappear also.

Does this appease the mod god, or shall my thumb be sent as payment also?

you could be like me and just not get in trouble

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

but thats because i am actively running for jr. mod 07

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information