Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mustang cruise

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    This is very true, but thats if you can still find a stock Terminator. Most have had at least exhaust and a KNN, which (believe it or not) adds 25-35 rear wheel horse, A KNN alone will give you 8-12 RWHP, these cars are breathing through a straw from the factory. Add a $400 tune job, and you are pushing 420 RWHP, Just 3 things to get you there. Now do a 2.8 pulley, which is less than $100 job, (do it yourself, its easy with a puller) and you are at 450-470 RWHP. Just 4 things to get a mid 11 sec car. (Low 11's with Drag Radials)

This is why people fear the Termys, because they are only 4 mods away from a beast, less than a 2500$ investment on your mods. not to mention that Ford underated them from the factory, they all really push 425 horsepower from the engine and 375 to the wheels. Hell MMFF's got the stock 03 termy to a 12.4 in 2 differant test, just by lowering the rear tire pressure. And alot of trys.
    good point. i didnt realize the intake was so restrictive. wow. they are bad ass and the smaller pulley is what i would do first. shit the guy down the street from me has a whipple charger on his, dont know how many pounds hes running though.
    but terminators are out of my budget completely. i give them the thumbs up bc they are bad fuckers.... what are you trapping? and on what tires and gears?

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    good point. i didnt realize the intake was so restrictive. wow. they are bad ass and the smaller pulley is what i would do first. shit the guy down the street from me has a whipple charger on his, dont know how many pounds hes running though.
    but terminators are out of my budget completely. i give them the thumbs up bc they are bad fuckers.... what are you trapping? and on what tires and gears?
    I have yet to take it to the track, I got it at the end of the summer, and the track hasnt opened back up yet, but I have used my G-tech several times. I have a best 0-60 mph of 4.2 and a best quarter mile of 11.77 at 126 mph. This is all on street tires. In first gear I cannot floor it at all. With some DRs I believe she is good for a low 11 sec qaurter. Alot of people dont like the G-tech, becasue it start timing when you launch, so no reaction time, but from what Ive seen and read, the one I have (G-tech SS) is pretty acurate. So I believe these times will be close at the track in Rogersville this summer. The previous owner (who did all the work to the car) said he ran a 11.6 with street tires and a 11.3 with a set of 275 Nitto DRs on a 8 inch GT Rim. I am planing on getting the new Mickey Thompson Street Radials in a 275 for my 9 inch rims. I hear they hook way better than the other DRs around. They are more like a wrinkle wall, very soft, yet streetable. Only 202$ shipped per tire.

Thread Information