Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I'd say he WAS definitely a bad mother simply because he did it without fear. Admit it when you can do what ever you want around a cop and not hurt anyone and get away to do it again if you want, you've GOT to be bad.
    No, I don't agree. Arrogant yes, balls.....okay, lucky...absolutely, but "bad mother", no. I've been one to catch some of these types. Trust me, when the buddies aren't around and reality sinks in, they are not quite as "bad" as you may think. Some are, but most get scared, and they should be scared. A jail is the stomping ground of a bunch of people who just know they are the baddest person on the planet. Only ONE can be.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahaha, I know he was that night if he ran through different counties like that...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

hahaha, I know he was that night if he ran through different counties like that...

But remember, this was a third party story. You didn't actually have first-hand knowledge so - although I don't doubt YOU - I give that story less than 50% chance of being truthful.

When you run through different COUNTIES, the stakes are raised and stop sticks, pitt manuevers, and other tactics are used. Most of these end badly for the chasee. Very doubtful they didn't even get a tag number to make his night later on.

Don't be mad, but I can't see a reason to "pull on the tiger's tail" like that. Running AFTER you did something that the cop SAW is somewhat understandable, but to outright provoke a cop like that is stupid, not courageous. He needed to walk for about six months so he would have time to reflect on his stupidity. Just my opinion.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

ever heard there is a thin line between love and hate? I think the same goes for stupidity and courageousness as well. Doing something really courageous is nothing more than stupidity with good reasoning behind it. Stupidity is courageousness without good reasoning behind it.

I doubt just out of the blue anyone would just sit and make up a story like that at a barbar shop. I didn't even know the guys. I do know that the guy that came in knew one of the other barbers, so at least they knew each other and the driver in the story because they kept saying his name.

Also this chase is ancient history and I doubt they had the tack strips out back in the early 90s or late 80s

to me it sounds like the leos as you call them underestimated him as to why they didn't have all the above things you mentioned to stop him.+he had to be a good driver to keep the car in shape to get away. if he'd wrecked that definitely would've been mentioned in the conversation as well as if he'd been caught. Some people have not so much to lose and it is more of a game to them. If I didn't have so much to lose and if I knew my skills in my car were that sharp, I'd maybe do it too!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

ever heard there is a thin line between love and hate? I think the same goes for stupidity and courageousness as well. Doing something really courageous is nothing more than stupidity with good reasoning behind it. Stupidity is courageousness without good reasoning behind it.

I doubt just out of the blue anyone would just sit and make up a story like that at a barbar shop. I didn't even know the guys. I do know that the guy that came in knew one of the other barbers, so at least they knew each other and the driver in the story because they kept saying his name.

Also this chase is ancient history and I doubt they had the tack strips out back in the early 90s or late 80s

to me it sounds like the leos as you call them underestimated him as to why they didn't have all the above things you mentioned to stop him.+he had to be a good driver to keep the car in shape to get away. if he'd wrecked that definitely would've been mentioned in the conversation as well as if he'd been caught. Some people have not so much to lose and it is more of a game to them. If I didn't have so much to lose and if I knew my skills in my car were that sharp, I'd maybe do it too!
    I can't say it isn't true, but be very careful considering it as something you would try. Tell me what the reward is for succeeding versus the price you pay if you don't.

Urban legends abound. I remember being in cars with others who claimed to do similar things. About 90% of the time, the story is better than the real event.

John Wayne defined courage, and stupidity best:

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway"

"Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid"

That's my thoughts anyway. take care.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I can't say it isn't true, but be very careful considering it as something you would try. Tell me what the reward is for succeeding versus the price you pay if you don't.
    I'm sure you've heard of sky diving haven't you? Its kinda the same thing. It all comes down to the adrenaline rush. And yes, it is stupid to try something like that that you're not very good at.

I think john wayne(I have heard of him but have no idea who he is) should've finished by saying, Crazy is someone with nothing to lose who will try anything. Think about it.

I think very differently than most, I'd say. I don't think the words smart, crazy, insane, or other words of the sort have any real meaning. Those who're called smart in everyday life are actually clever. Crazy is someone with nothing to lose and could do ANYTHING which is unexpected in today's society. Insane is someone who is called mentally ill by society because they think differently and again, are unpredictable. I think people are.... PEOPLE everyone is different and that's what makes everyone special.

Both of my parents are mentally ill. They were that way before I was born. I'm not mentally ill.(at least I don't think so) I'm in college and I've got about two more years until I get my degree in Mechanical Engineering. My point is my dad is VERY schitzophrenic(sp?). However he is one of the best sport bike riders at home withing I'd say a 100-400mile radius and you'd never be able to look at him and tell it. I've heard random people tell me stories about my dad racing and smoking a cigarette with his feet up waiting on the competition at the finish line. I think that's maybe where I got my driving skills from. He's really good with his hands. I've difinitely got that and I have to know how everything works. Maybe if I wasn't in school and made enough money to have my ride like I do now, I'd probably be the reason for the story like the one I posted most recently.

Some people have fear and some don't. I live by countless modos and one of them is "If fear is the only thing stopping you, then nothings really stopping you." I made that one up. Its REAL though!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 03-01-2007 at 07:19 AM. Reason: correction

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I'm sure you've heard of sky diving haven't you? Its kinda the same thing. It all comes down to the adrenaline rush. And yes, it is stupid to try something like that that you're not very good at.

I think john wayne(I have heard of him but have no idea who he is) should've finished by saying, Crazy is someone with nothing to lose who will try anything. Think about it.

I
    Both of my parents are mentally ill. They were that way before I was born. I'm not mentally ill.(at least I don't think so) I'm in college and I've got about two more years until I get my degree in Mechanical Engineering. My point is my dad is VERY schitzophrenic(sp?). However he is one of the best sport bike riders at home withing I'd say a 100-400mile radius and you'd never be able to look at him and tell it. I've heard random people tell me stories about my dad racing and smoking a cigarette with his feet up waiting on the competition at the finish line. I think that's maybe where I got my driving skills from. He's really good with his hands. I've difinitely got that and I have to know how everything works. Maybe if I wasn't in school and made enough money to have my ride like I do now, I'd probably be the reason for the story like the one I posted most recently.

Some people have fear and some don't. I live by countless modos and one of them is "If fear is the only thing stopping you, then nothings really stopping you." I made that one up. Its REAL though!

You're twenty-two right? Naw, I don't know ANYTHING about exiting perfectly good aircraft in flight. Buddy, I have been on the ragged edge a few times in the Army before you were born, believe me. The lesson stayed with me.

Skydiving will result in YOUR death if you screw up. Everybody else is probably safe. However, taking risks on a public street endangers others that you cannot possibly foresee. There's a big difference there.

Your "fear" motto may work for you, but I'm of the opinion that anyone who has "No Fear" has never really came face to face with the ugly beast. And for thrill seekers, how can you possibly have a rush if there isn't a chance of something going wrong? A "no fear" thrill seeker is an oxymoron that makes no sense.

blk
    ?

WHAT WERE WE TALKING ABOUT.......SHABOOBLAH....THIS THREAD IS DEAD.

NBM
    98 trans am

well i think your dead...........MAUHAHAHAHAHAHA jk

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Everybody has a story. They're almost always good

NBM
    98 trans am

my best friends dad is a cop and i always call him officer even when hes not patrollin or w/e and he gets mad lol and he chased me around the house one time....so techniqlly i ran from the cops =)

Black
    Formula... soon

how many people would like to do a burnout around a cop and then get chased and get away clean? it would be an amazing feeling but a lot is at risk. but to actually do it u have to let go of fear and forget about the bad otherwise u cant do it. its easier to let go of fear when u NEED to but to do it randomly for no reason takes balls.

NBM
    98 trans am

yea....but you must have a lot of balls since your an old lady killer and all

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldladykiller View Post
    how many people would like to do a burnout around a cop and then get chased and get away clean? it would be an amazing feeling but a lot is at risk. but to actually do it u have to let go of fear and forget about the bad otherwise u cant do it. its easier to let go of fear when u NEED to but to do it randomly for no reason takes balls.
    Glad SOMEBODY sees it my way.

oops
    Last edited by Brad5150; 03-06-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: double post

one time in the 99 v6 a4 stang i had before my t/a, it was 11pm, just got off work, no one on roads, decided to gun it, got up to 90 in a 45, and the only damn car in sight is a cop, i cant tell until e passes right byme and i see him cut a U, i keepgoing, his lights dissapear for a while, then i decide if i get caught my ass is grass, my license would be gone(i was turning 17 that weekend, which would give me full license but i was stll 16 with a restricted license) so i stopped he came up blaring siren, told me to get hand out of window, very scary..close to 400 dollar ticket 6 pts. if it had not been reduced i wouldve lost license since it hapened when i was 16. they reduced it to 4 pts 170 or something. this is why i dont race or do stupid shit, its not worth it. and if i need to own someone i never go above 100, but i dont ever race race, i may speed by somericer or jerk thats being an ass. im 17 i drive an awesome car so i should respect it, i want to keep it litterally forever and share it with my kids.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

nice, the one that didn't get away! I feel you on the sharing with my future kids thing.

Black
    Formula... soon

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    yea....but you must have a lot of balls since your an old lady killer and all
    ya it takes balls to kill the old ladies. i prefer bowling balls.
    Last edited by Oldladykiller; 03-08-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    my best friends dad is a cop and i always call him officer even when hes not patrollin or w/e and he gets mad lol and he chased me around the house one time....so techniqlly i ran from the cops =)
    funniest / worst post in this thread hahaha

Black
    Formula... soon

my friend had this explorer that looked like a police suv. a few winters ago at night we put a light on top of his roof, and we had a mega phone with a alarm noise and he chased me and friends around side streets. we had people moving out of the way and yeilding to us and shit. looked like a real chase to the people who witnessed it. lol was pretty dumb but hilarious.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information