Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

i have two that id consider getting lucky rather than getting away. the first i went to watch the gay ass ricer races with a couple of friends who were into that hole thing back then.

well the cops came we all run i get off the side street where they were running and turn right onto the next road to my dismay i was second in the left lane and the right lane was blocked to this would have been fine had the dumbass in the rusted out 89 civic in front of me hadnt stopped at a yellow light and allowing one of the cops to block both lanes of traffic. i was pissed at the fact that this asshole was going to get me a ticket cause he was retarded.

but then the light turned green and the retard went around the cop, who by this time was out of the car about to starting writing tickets to everyone, and took off! as soon as the cop saw this he went running back to his car faster than i've ever seen a cop move in my life usually i just see them sitting on their ass or strolling to my car to give me a ticket, i hate that stupid stroll. needless to say the cop going after his gave me the open lane so i took off and never looked back.

the second i was racing a girl in another lt1 camaro and beating her when i passed a state trooper going well over 100 thankfully he didnt either notice or he just didnt feel like crossing over the center divider to the other side of the highway to go after me either way i lucked out both times thank god!

not my best get away, but my personal favorite. i was driving downtown and the lady infront of me went to take a right into the bank buit for some reason stopped right in the middl of the road so after a couple of seconds i decided to drop it in 1st and fishtail out around her.. so i did and then my buddy just burst out laughing and goes you didnt see that cop in the bank parkign lot did you? so i look in my rearview in time to see him hit the lights tearing out just as I go over the crest of the hill and as soon as i reached the bottom I took a right onto theis very twisty road and took off.. and thats the last i saw him.
    and sorry for any typos, booze will do that i guess

Non-get-away
    Were driving from Sac, ca to San Jose, ca at about 140+/- in a 66' ford fairlane and I see a chp on the bridge. He turn on his light as he drives onto the on-ramp and is out of sight before he's off of it. 15-20min. later were in San Jose and pull into grandmas driveway as we pass a black and white. The cop turns around and pulls the light and siren on us before we get out. He continues to say he pulled us over for a missing screw on the license plate frame, while were waiting we here the radio talk about a brown speeding 50's ford, the officer asks if they're sure it was a 50's they confirm and ask us whos car it is. We tell them it's my cousins but I was driving(true). My cousin has an unpaid fine in Sacramento so the tow the car

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by pbchief2 View Post
    Non-get-away
    Were driving from Sac, ca to San Jose, ca at about 140+/- in a 66' ford fairlane and I see a chp on the bridge. He turn on his light as he drives onto the on-ramp and is out of sight before he's off of it. 15-20min. later were in San Jose and pull into grandmas driveway as we pass a black and white. The cop turns around and pulls the light and siren on us before we get out. He continues to say he pulled us over for a missing screw on the license plate frame, while were waiting we here the radio talk about a brown speeding 50's ford, the officer asks if they're sure it was a 50's they confirm and ask us whos car it is. We tell them it's my cousins but I was driving(true). My cousin has an unpaid fine in Sacramento so the tow the car
    140 mph? what does it have done to it

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

Bone stock maybe.
    There was power before the LS1 Jr.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

so you have a 150 speedo or was 140mph just a guess

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I was topping out my car one night on a long striaght freeway, got to about 5800 rpms in 5th which I beleve equates to about 165. Well am thoroughly impressed with my ride at this point, so i let off and I'm just cooling down to about 130 when i see the blue lights coming down an on ramp. Well i think to myself, Im fucked....great.
    Now my intention was not to run but mind you im doing 130 mphs and the blues are probably like almost a mile back once they get on the freeway, and as chance has it im going over the crest of a hill. So I slow down right away to like 65 or 70 once i get over this hill and await my fate, praying for a lienient cop (the roads were of course deserted at this hour).
    After about 2 minutes his lights are visable and it is clear he is approaching me at high speed. Well, I thought to myself this is it; if I'm going to jail i guess I have a good reason for it.
    But by some miracle he just blows by me, thinking the lunatic he clocked doing over 160 from atop the freeway surely wouldnt be dumbenough to slow down! Then I went home and decided not to do that ever again.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    me and buddy were racing a m3 down this one road by my house....soo a cop goes by us in the opposite lane...i look at the speedo(110mph) soo im like ffuuck...soo i start slowin down ans try to make a left off the road to get ouutta there....but i overshoot it so i go to the next left, turn down and keep floorin it till i get till the ned of the block at the stop sign...its night time by the way and there are no street lights where im at.....soo as im making the right i see the cop turn left down the block after me....(headlights have been off for awhile) now keep in mind i have lil over a block on him...so i take a right on the next block and a quick left into someones driveway that wraps around to the back of the house ( good ol gone in 60 seconds trick)...and i got out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    140 mph? what does it have done to it
    It was a 390 .20 over and a few other things.
    so you have a 150 speedo or was 140mph just a guess
    147 is what the gps said we topped out at, we made it from sacramento to san jose in 52min. Ahh the stupidity of youth

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I've really gotta max mine out one of these days, or at least do the dash. My car keeps saying "C'mon Lionel, you know I'm good for it. All you gotta do is tell me go and I'll fly."

By the time I quit day dreaming I'm doing like 90-100 in a 55 and I snap out of it

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by pbchief2 View Post
    It was a 390 .20 over and a few other things.
    You must have some highway gears in that thing. Sounds like a beast.

You must have some highway gears in that thing. Sounds like a beast.
    Wasn't mine, but I know it had higher gearing. I had a 71 mustang at the time and the gearing in that thing much nicer for burnouts.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Years and years ago, maybe late 70's and I was just a lad.

We were in a '63 Belvidere 2 door hard top (Red) 426 Max Wedge toolin' around downtown LA. We lined up with a 427 vette at a light and had him by at least 2 car lengths at about 800 feet. At about 1000 feet, we notice two cops sitting on the other side of the road, one of them was out of his car talking to the other, but their attention was focused on the finding where the two screaming motors were located.

The one cop starts running for his car, the other fires up immediately, lights blazing, flipping a U-turn, but those late model 70's cop cars were bloated and underpowered thanks to the Gas Shortages. We flipped a series of right hand turns and ducked into an underground parking garage, immediately killing the motor and coasting into an open spot. We laid low for about an hour, all the while watching various cop cars passing by the building on the street level, snickering the whole time.

heh. I had cool parents.

G

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

lol nice, i wish i lived in the 70s sometimes

Me too. maybe I could have saved a car or two

Lakewood
    Yea I can tell by your avatar

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

That avator you got is funny as hell It makes me think of somebody pulling up with that "you wanna race?" face on HAHAHAHA

blk
    ?

his avatar reminds me of being outa high school still mackin 12th graders......the thing best about high schol chicks....is i get older and......

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahaha, I've heard that one before...

black
    2001 Camaro SS

my story is not really a running from the cops story but it scared the hell out of me.
    i still had my v6 camaro and i'm pulling onton this parkway headin toward the south end of the island. i'm about 100 yards from the bottom of this bridge and i notice a pewter camaro with no z28 or ss on the side so i sed it was prolly a six like mine. i pull up next to him and i'm just grinnin and he's givin me this real mean look. the speed limits 40mph so we prolly started at that.
    i punch it and he does at the same time and we get goin about 80mph neck and neck up the bridge.
    i start to pull away and all of a sudden he just blows by me. as i was thinkin to myself "damn thats got a lot under the hood," blue lights turn on, its an undercover cop. i mash the brakes and he just turned off the lights and kept going. i called my buddy whose after dippin off to some neighborhood and he told me i was extremely lucky cuz it was a state trooper and they do that stuff all the time.
    sorry it took so long telling this story but i think its a good one

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information