Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    and they dont have the legendary history behind their name. when u say camaro, firebird or GTO no matter who you talk to, they recognise the power and they know its a muscle car.

Go tell a hot chick u have an SRT-4 she will say "whats that?" you will show her and she will say "OH its a NEON!!!"
    Yeah no shit. Those guys are so full of

Lakewood
    Imports suck ass so much, you could put over $50,000 into any 4cyl and I bet a bolt on LT1 Fbody will beat it. American pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Well...I was young and dumb. Besides, the 3800 series F-body would have and did toast mine. It was literally all show. Cold air intake and exhaust. A4. Stock engine with 120HP. With the mods maybe 130-140 Wheel HP but thats it.

www.full-race.com
    B13,B14

i enjoy driving both imports and domestics. i turbo them all...regardless of # of cyl #s or engine size lol.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Full Race Javier View Post
    i enjoy driving both imports and domestics. i turbo them all...regardless of # of cyl #s or engine size lol.
    Ah an SR20 guy. Now there is a crappy four cylinder POS if I ever saw one.

J/K it amazes me how many guys here can bash on imports and 4 cylinders and not know a damn thing about them. Funny thing is an SR20DET can make and handle just as much power on it's stock 4 cylinder bottom end as our mighty LS1's can. And for the guys that need their car to do so I would bet a well done S15 240SX with Sylvia Conversion will pull more ass than a Trans Am or Camaro especially considering most 18-25 year old hotties equate an F-Body with a mullet and beer belly these days. Ever see the chicks at Hot Import Nights?

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    And for the guys that need their car to do so I would bet a well done S15 240SX with Sylvia Conversion will pull more ass than a Trans Am or Camaro especially considering most 18-25 year old hotties equate an F-Body with a mullet and beer belly these days.
    Lol I dont know bout that, my car "pulls more ass" than my buddies nice looking 1996 240sx. Girls love t-tops.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
    Ah an SR20 guy. Now there is a crappy four cylinder POS if I ever saw one.

J/K it amazes me how many guys here can bash on imports and 4 cylinders and not know a damn thing about them. Funny thing is an SR20DET can make and handle just as much power on it's stock 4 cylinder bottom end as our mighty LS1's can. And for the guys that need their car to do so I would bet a well done S15 240SX with Sylvia Conversion will pull more ass than a Trans Am or Camaro especially considering most 18-25 year old hotties equate an F-Body with a mullet and beer belly these days. Ever see the chicks at Hot Import Nights?
    It amazes me how people like yourself think that just because an engine "can handle a lot of power" that everyone should like it. Its a tiny 4 cylinder - its always going to sound like crap, its never going to have the powerband of a V8, and uses just as much fuel as a V8 HP for HP, and there's always the neverending turbo lag.

Its so great, you say, because it can handle the same amount of power on the bottom end as an LS1. What difference does that make?? Why would anyone with any taste in cars want to build up one of those little riceburner motors instead of a V8?? There is no point, no advantages, no nothing. Its just plain pointless.

I love how you also think that chicks like imports. Maybe you live in the F&F, but that isn't true at all. My friends (who are girls) laugh at ricers, meaning just about all Japanese "performance" cars. I take them for a ride in the T/A, and they love it. I point out an Evo, and they're like "what happened to that car"?? I tell them its stock, and they just laugh because they can't understand why anyone would want a car that ugly, crappy, and that horrible sounding.

And I've never heard anyone (besides some ricers on this and other forums) claim that 4th gen F-Bodies are "Mullet" or "beer belly" cars. Just about all late 90's/00+ F-Bodys and Mustangs are driven by 18-30 year old guys that are into Muscle cars. Not some trailer trash person like you claim, they are the ones with the 85 Camaro RS 4 cylinder with the holes in the flooboards. Big difference, next time you see a 4th gen look at the driver, I guarentee that he won't have a mullet

Lakewood
    Damn if you need a car to get ass you suck at girls, but on the other hand they love the rumble of a V8 on their ass.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Damn if you need a car to get ass you suck at girls
    true, but its always fun to get looks, and to be heard from a block or more away.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

not bashing on 4 bangers really but if you wanna say you can pull more ass in a four banger then take a really nice looking 240 like you said and roll through any parking lot reight behind a cammed LS1 with headers and cutouts.. see who gets more looks.

www.full-race.com
    B13,B14

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Its so great, you say, because it can handle the same amount of power on the bottom end as an LS1. What difference does that make?? Why would anyone with any taste in cars want to build up one of those little riceburner motors instead of a V8?? There is no point, no advantages, no nothing. Its just plain pointless.
    simple...it is quite easy produce a large power/mass ratio in a fwd "economy" car

everybody has different tastes...different strokes for different folks.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    not bashing on 4 bangers really but if you wanna say you can pull more ass in a four banger then take a really nice looking 240 like you said and roll through any parking lot reight behind a cammed LS1 with headers and cutouts.. see who gets more looks.
    The sexier car. The one that rumbles. Forget those import pieces of shit. They think that they are so big and bad runnin 15 pounds of boost. If you think about it...what happens when we put 15 pounds of boost behind our engines....well wait, what happens when we run 8 pounds. Half of what they have. We are at 450-500RWHP. What do they have. Maybe 300WHP. But at the end of the day its still a weedwacker that has 15 pounds of boost going to it. No sexiness at all.

Lakewood
    Hot girls don't give a shit about cars usaully. I could drive an import instead of my loud ass black LT1 Z28 and get the same girls..

Lakewood
    I think the reason why people mod imports is because its either all they got, or its cheaper for them. My neighbor built his low 12 second honda Crx for $8000, then again it looks/sounds like shit and I would no trust it to go on long trips.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
    Hot girls don't give a shit about cars usaully. I could drive an import instead of my loud ass black LT1 Z28 and get the same girls..
    yea ok. most girls know nice cars, and most wouldt want to be caught dead in something like this

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

All I am saying is pull up to a parking lot full of youg girls and see which one will get more attention. That one ^^^ or this one

They car is only the bait you still have to be able to talk to them

Lakewood
    I really don't see what your saying. Not to brag or anything but if your good looking like me you could drive a geo metro and still get hot girls.I like being able to use my looks and my personality to get them instead of trying to buy them like some people do.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

im saying i dont care if your brad pitt if you roll up to a local hang out in a geo metro no one would give two shits, you roll up in a nice looking car you get people talking

Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    im saying i dont care if your brad pitt if you roll up to a local hang out in a geo metro no one would give two shits, you roll up in a nice looking car you get people talking
    Oh I agree with that

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

I would have to agree with everything either they spend 30k on the car or i hate the guys that have the 92 honda crx with the b20 (crv motor) swap the cars gutted nothing in it, they only have 1 seat and turbo it and there like "haha i spent 12k and i have a 12 second car". I could give a crap less, that thing is so f***ing ugly and hidious. And they use those as there daily drivers. Across from my shop is a place that does import work. they put 50k into a honda and brag about the 500 hp and 10 seconds. Im like hows the torque? hehehe. Idiots. Honestly If you put that much money into a v8, jesus...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information