Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    yeah I'm asking because I found a guy locally selling a set of 2 12" alpine subs in a box...here's the link.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SWR1...r-1242d&tp=111
    I have 2 of those but im only running one in my DD right now. Great sub for the price. One of my favorites that ive ever had. A nice 500w amp will make it hit hard. If you run 2 id recommend a nice 1000w amp. You could always pair it with another alpine amp.. The key to making these hit hard is the right size box, which is a pretty big box haha

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    I have 2 of those but im only running one in my DD right now. Great sub for the price. One of my favorites that ive ever had. A nice 500w amp will make it hit hard. If you run 2 id recommend a nice 1000w amp. You could always pair it with another alpine amp.. The key to making these hit hard is the right size box, which is a pretty big box haha
    Yeah they're already in a custom enclosed box and I heard them in the guys camaro and they sound pretty ridiculous...lol. Yeah I just want to match the right amp up cause I heard under powering them will blow them before overpowering them.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

yeah my original amp was no where near good enough and they would actually cut out due to lack of power not because they couldnt actually hit the note.. Got a new amp and i was even more amazed with their performance.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    yeah my original amp was no where near good enough and they would actually cut out due to lack of power not because they couldnt actually hit the note.. Got a new amp and i was even more amazed with their performance.
    What brand amp are you running now and if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

hugger orange

What brand amp are you running now and if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
    i forgot about checking this morning....just put my shoes on and going out to check right now(good excuse for a cigg)
    I'll PM you in a few minutes

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    i forgot about checking this morning....just put my shoes on and going out to check right now(good excuse for a cigg)
    I'll PM you in a few minutes
    Haha ok yeah I'll be around.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I literally just sold the best system Ive ever had. I had 2 Power Acoustik Mofos(12") and a Crunch Ground Pounder Amp. The amp was a 1600 watt monoblock amp that I had with the subs running at 4 ohms each. I had them in my old car and since I got the TA never used them because they wouldnt fit. But the amp was amazing I could throw so much power at the subs and still have plenty left. I could never have it all they way up because it was WAY too much bass and my car probably would have fallen apart lol

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Now im running an old pioneer amp(2002ish), im pretty sure its 760w. Its no where near the max of sub but im not trying to have a competition system haha. It works great for the single sub. i only paid about 130 for it used off ebay. I sold my nice amp long ago for mods on the TA haha. It was a monoblock alpine amp, dont remember the wattage but man that thing was nice, it was a newer series amp.
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 02-19-2009 at 08:00 AM.

i have the 1042Di am using the Alpine V-power Mono power MRP-M1000 Amp sounds GREAT !!!!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

white
    1998 z28

I love the old Rockford Fosgate stuff. I have in my car now are a Punch 75HD for the sub and a Series1 460SD for the highs/mids. They are small, but get the job done. I have had them for a little over 11 years.

black
    01 holden statesman

best set up i had was two 12inch kicker comp subs run by a pioneer 1000 watt mono block amp, and the bass was phenomenal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information