Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2001 WS6, 2003 SRT4(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    from a finacial point of view, i think you'd be better of selling the t/a. If you don't like a car, you never will, so you may aswell part ways with it and sell it to someone who will enjoy it.

But don't be surprised when the owner calls you up 2 months later and owns you in a street race
    I do love the WS6, just not its monthly note Anyway, there's nothing wrong with getting dusted by another vehicle as long as you're satisfied with the performance of your own car. I once lost a race in the SRT-4 at high-speeds to a 300C with only an intake & exhaust. That result wasn't typical and it was surprising. We stopped and discussed, and there was nothing but respect. The result? Still happy with the SRT-4. Likewise, if I get the WS6 to the point it's running low 12s, and one of my buddies who has an 11 second SRT-4 beats me, then good for him and I still have a 12-second WS6.

The gripe I have now is I was fully convinced that a stock '01 LS1 engine in the heavy WS6 would outperform the lightly modded SRT-4 in a straight line in virtually all circumstances. I was still convinced and wanted to see if this was typical, hence my post. Judging by some of your responses, it wasn't too surprising, so I feel better. Naturally, I had to filter out some of the bullshit that came with it, but I got what I wanted.

To anyone beating on the SRT-4 by calling it a "NEON" - it's been 4 years now and it's time to get over that the fact that Dodge took a low-cost car, gave it a different powertrain, drivetrain, suspension, and made it quick and reliable. I know that there's lots of brand loyalty that comes with GM cars, but try to keep in mind the cars are in totally different classes. That being said, I accepted the stigma that came with the SRT-4 when I purchased it, so lay it on - you won't get a rise out of me. If anything, I'm disappointed that some of you can't discuss different vehicles equally.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

the srt4 is a FANTASTIC performace bargin hands down ....think most ppl on here are just stuck on the fact ( including myself) that its still a neon.....now what do ppl think of when they think of neons??? a very cheap vehicle with the paint peeling...seen way to many of those in the 90s ...i agree with ya that we should all get over it as im sure neons have come along way since those paint peeling days ......few yrs back i bought a sports car to drive year round ...there were a few to choose from ..srt4 was one of them for 20k...but for 23k i couldnt help buy the much better looking slower acura rsx-s
    ...........i mean who wants to pick up a date in a neon???

pewter

the neon took the place of the yugo as the car to pick on in the mid 90s.....hard for some of us to think of it as anything but that car from the 90s as it looks very much the same

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

I don't care that the SRT-4 says "Neon" on the back, and it gets my respect when it comes to performance. My problems are with the poor build quality and the FWD drivetrain. FWD is the worst drivetrain configuration and I have no idea why anyone would have chosen it for a performance oriented vehicle. I would never personally own a Neon SRT-4 but I could definitely see why someone else would want to.

2001 WS6, 2003 SRT4(sold)

For the sake of being a stickler it doesn't say Neon anywhere

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Great job...your bragging about an AUDI which you wrapped around a tree.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOmen View Post
    well u have your answer right there......after doing market research dodge decided the publics opinion of the neon wasnt so hot therefore they didnt put the NEON badge on the srt4

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOmen View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I knew that Dodge had been calling it a Neon and figured that it would have had that name somewhere on the vehicle. I guess I was too busy ing all over the place last time I looked at one to get a good close look at all the badging.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

dude the cars arent equal you have a bad ass car in the WS6 and you have a f n buggy thing with a wing that looks like rice is like rice id like to see that NEON vs a WS6 with TURBO even out the playing field you say put a turbo on the Bird exactly wat i thought there is no comp

green
    98 formula

dead on silverbullit and i happen to know where one of those birds may be im sure its a waste of gas but i would make myself run him any way he chose stop, roll, 140 whatever and i would video it cause you know all the excuses like i didnt know we were racing, or my clutch couldnt hold my 8000hp 4 cyl i am glad to see the neons on the street it gives young people something they can afford to drive and mod but when they mature so should their ride filter that

green
    98 formula

just for the heck of it we could run my stock ss

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

You came to the wrong place to get "advice" about what car to sell. no doubt, the srt's are fast. i've gone against a srt turbo and a pt turbo. i have a stock Z28 with a 177k and a cut out. and those cars stayed close to me. a car that's probably 1k or more lighter than the Fbody, and has a few mods is gonna "do well" against a stock Z/TA.

but there is the whole "Neon" factor that goes into play as well. It's kinda like this, either you're a ricer, or you're not.

I say sell the srt and keep the ws6.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    dead on silverbullit and i happen to know where one of those birds may be im sure its a waste of gas but i would make myself run him any way he chose stop, roll, 140 whatever and i would video it cause you know all the excuses like i didnt know we were racing, or my clutch couldnt hold my 8000hp 4 cyl i am glad to see the neons on the street it gives young people something they can afford to drive and mod but when they mature so should their ride filter that

Quote Originally Posted by INeedLS1 View Post
    I don't care that the SRT-4 says "Neon" on the back, and it gets my respect when it comes to performance. My problems are with the poor build quality and the FWD drivetrain. FWD is the worst drivetrain configuration and I have no idea why anyone would have chosen it for a performance oriented vehicle. I would never personally own a Neon SRT-4 but I could definitely see why someone else would want to.
    Agreed. Too much bullshit to deal with and its just an unnatural movement, if you will, when a FWD accelerates from a stop.

Other then the neon being fast, upgradable, it looks a bit...queer to me.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Damn AKIRA, you hit it right on the nose. When it comes down to it...its still a NEON. Sure it may SRT4. But its still a neon

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I've had no problem beating the SRT4 with my TA. Other than suspension I only have K&N intake and cat back for power and I pulled pretty hard on that fast econo box. I thought about buying a srt4, but then I drove one and looked at it and thought, 4 door, front wheel, Neon looks, no v8 rumble, no v8 torque, and the only pluses it had was being a turbo. I figured instead of that I'd rather get a 2k rice car and build it up to something really fast and custom which would cost atleast 10k in the end and not be worth nothing or get a F-bod. It wasn't a hard choice. I'd think there would be something wrong if you didn't do better than what you did. I'd almost think your cats would be plugged up or something else isn't quite right.

How much are they going for? What are the stock stats? Any differences in the newer year's than when they first came out?

Id buy one for $6K. Maybe $8K if it was perfect.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Quote Originally Posted by jwindbigler View Post
    Great job...your bragging about an AUDI which you wrapped around a tree.

Who is bragging?

btw... the pat's beat the shit out of the gay-ass chargers.
    Last edited by Secret Formula; 01-15-2007 at 07:57 PM.

red
    2000 ws6

lol tonite my friend with an srt beat 2 cobras and a mach 1 spraying...there fast cars just hes selling it to get a ws6 or a gto....he has work done to his srt4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information