Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

Cool '93 Jeep Cherokee vs. '05 WRX STi

this is more of story for shits and giggles of my friends that hes gonna type in right now....so i was at a red light and i pulled up next to it and revved Mr. Jeep up to about 4000 rpms and he was about to but the light turned green and it was on.[i feel its important to mention at this point there were a few cars in front of him from the start hahaha] i took off at my straight away while he was trying to get through all the traffic and by the time i hit 80 i was a few car lengths ahead....sweeeeeeeeeeet

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

This is bad buy my sisters old Jeep beat my 96 Mustang GT till about 80 MPH..

Quote Originally Posted by ImportKiller24 View Post
    this is more of story for shits and giggles of my friends that hes gonna type in right now....so i was at a red light and i pulled up next to it and revved Mr. Jeep up to about 4000 rpms and he was about to but the light turned green and it was on.[i feel its important to mention at this point there were a few cars in front of him from the start hahaha] i took off at my straight away while he was trying to get through all the traffic and by the time i hit 80 i was a few car lengths ahead....sweeeeeeeeeeet
    Awesome story I hope you were severly intoxicated when you wrote this or even had the idea to.

LOL, don't underestimate the jeeps, my scrambler is sporting a 96 LT1 and 4L60E combo with 4.10's,,,I smoke mustangs and other various cars on a regular basis with it, damn thing is faster than my 97 6-speed Z28 Larry.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Awesome story I hope you were severly intoxicated when you wrote this or even had the idea to.
    Whys that...If the guy couldn't drive the STI, which isn't easy considering they have no low end, its entirely possible.

Likely?? No, but still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Whys that...If the guy couldn't drive the STI, which isn't easy considering they have no low end, its entirely possible.

Likely?? No, but still possible.

Maybe you should more thoroughly read the story. (I know its hard though because the entire thing looks like a preschooler wrote it).

"took off at my straight away while he was trying to get through all the traffic and by the time i hit 80 i was a few car lengths ahead"

So the STi was in traffic while the Jeep was in front and floored it to a whopping 80mph and he was ahead of the STi which was trying to get through traffic... Yeah.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

thats why he put the story on here for laughs not to talk about how great he is

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

EE and Wesman arguing in a thread??? Impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    EE and Wesman arguing in a thread??? Impossible!
    Haha, no arguing here, just a lack of reading done on his part. Oddly, he took the chance to say something negative about the STI, even though if he read the (id call it story but I dont think it qualifies) insert he woudl have realized the STi was in back of traffic. It appears someone under the age of 13 wrote this and they also appeared to have skipped grade school. This should be locked LOL

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Did you say the STi has no low end power? Are you kidding? 300 hp and 300 lb/ft of torque with all-wheel drive in a 3000-lb car sounds like a quick launch to me. They hit sixty almost a full second quicker than a stock SS or WS6!
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-24-2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: no need for pot shots at members.

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Did you say the STi has no low end power? Are you kidding? 300 hp and 300 lb/ft of torque with all-wheel drive in a 3000-lb car sounds like a quick launch to me. They hit sixty almost a full second quicker than a stock SS or WS6!
    Thats peak power.

At lower RPMS, the car's power may not match its competitor.
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-24-2007 at 11:51 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post

And yes, the STI has no low end power. The 300ft/lbs of torque, of which only about 230 of it make it to the wheels, comes on well after the turbo spools. Hence the reason it needs to be launched at around 5-6K RPM in order to avoid bogging on the launch. Obviously you've never driven one of these cars, because they drive like a typical 4 banger below about 4,000RPM.
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-24-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Thread Information