Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    Yeah ok but theres a good reason for gold plating its a better conductor so in thatcase a better sound quality. But so u know silver/nickel plated are the best conductor then copper/gold are the second best conductors. Which means less signal loss on the line which=better sound quailty and better reproduction of sound and less outside interference such as other components like a cars computer or cluster or even the radio its self ruining a great sound. So u say whats the point right?
    YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR!!!
    MSD OR GRANATELLI would be a great choice either one!!

OPTICAL CABLE... I.E. Fiber Optic so that we are clear on what cable type i was talking about. If in fact you were talking about the same cable....I am a FOA(Fiber Optic Association) certified fiber technician.. . So here's the take on this. Fiber does not need ANY metal to conduct its transmission streams. the data(light waves) is transmitted through plastic or glass. if you have any type of metal in its pathway you get blocked light and a coating of metal around it... not happening. They don't produce fiber that way.

Also if you want to get down to it the best conductor is "niobium-titanium".

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Phlash_riot View Post
    OPTICAL CABLE... I.E. Fiber Optic so that we are clear on what cable type i was talking about. If in fact you were talking about the same cable....I am a FOA(Fiber Optic Association) certified fiber technician.. . So here's the take on this. Fiber does not need ANY metal to conduct its transmission streams. the data(light waves) is transmitted through plastic or glass. if you have any type of metal in its pathway you get blocked light and a coating of metal around it... not happening. They don't produce fiber that way.

Also if you want to get down to it the best conductor is "niobium-titanium".
    Sorry did see fiber optic might fault

Yeah titanium would be the best but lets be realistic not many actually use that material and if they do there outrageous

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

here's a thought. since ohms = resistance, do this test. put 12 volts through the wire and see how much come out the other end. i would say 20,000 volts, but that would take a generator to do. or rigging up a coil so as to produce the high voltage. only problem is it might burnout running at a constant feed instead of pulsing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblak View Post
    Yeah titanium would be the best but lets be realistic not many actually use that material and if they do there outrageous
    Yea you got me there. HEHE. I wouldn't mind it if i could be that outrageous though

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    here's a thought. since ohms = resistance, do this test. put 12 volts through the wire and see how much come out the other end. i would say 20,000 volts, but that would take a generator to do. or rigging up a coil so as to produce the high voltage. only problem is it might burnout running at a constant feed instead of pulsing.
    Just have to find a state that does electrocutions for the death penalty some time

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Phlash_riot View Post
    Just have to find a state that does electrocutions for the death penalty some time
    How about nuclear power plant they hav the power

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

We need a bust of power rated at 1 POINT 21 JIGGAWATTS

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Well, unless the laws of physics and material science have changed, it sounds like some one's bull took a huge dump! If you had a silicone core wire and somehow the properties of the conductor changed through use, I might believe what Summit told you. However, plug wires usually increase in resistance with age and use, not decrease.... Also, MYK02K how would Taylor ThunderVolt 10.5 mm wires check out? I have them in my car: I wasn't looking for a performance increase, I always want to put the best possible parts into my baby (err, car). (I don't want to imply that I love my car more than my ex-wife, but she left me and I still have the car! Got to get your priorities straight in life....)

Black
    2001 Trans Am

eegads! where do nology's fit in in all this craziness with ohms and resistance and catfish and such?

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Well, unless the laws of physics and material science have changed, it sounds like some one's bull took a huge dump! If you had a silicone core wire and somehow the properties of the conductor changed through use, I might believe what Summit told you. However, plug wires usually increase in resistance with age and use, not decrease.... Also, MYK02K how would Taylor ThunderVolt 10.5 mm wires check out? I have them in my car: I wasn't looking for a performance increase, I always want to put the best possible parts into my baby (err, car). (I don't want to imply that I love my car more than my ex-wife, but she left me and I still have the car! Got to get your priorities straight in life....)
    haha! damn right, its good to see a man that knows where the heart belongs, right in the ls1

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

It has been over a week now so I checked the Crane wires again and ofcourse, the resistance has not changed. Summit sent me a form to return the wires for a refund. I bet they are not going to refund my $10 "handling fee" or the money it cost me to ship them back.
    I wish I could do something to Crane for false advertising, but I can't even send them a nasty email, because they are too lame of a company to have an email adress on their web site.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

That is pretty weak!!!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

2001 Trans Am WS6

Does anyone know what the multi-angle boots are for the MSD wires? I want black wires but the only wires I can find with stock boots are red. The black wires all have the multi-angle plug boot. The milti angle are also a lot cheaper than the stock boot.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Multi-angle boot is a straight boot that can be bent to a 30-45-or eeven a 90 if needed.
    They are typically whats seen on any big-block Chevy with MSD's.
    Last edited by LS2Tuner; 11-15-2006 at 04:29 PM.

2001 Trans Am WS6

OK, Thanks. I ordered the multi angle MSDs from Summit. I'll send the Cranes back when the MSDs arrive.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

so then if we want to use msd's on an ls1 fbody, do we need the multi angle boots or are the regular red ones just fine?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Either or.........The Multi-angle kits I've used are a make your own length which would be necesary only if you've put some nice valve covers and don't want to hide them with some ugly coils...

I've found if you get the Gen.III truck wires they are a little longer if you want some slack.

black
    2000 ss convertible

Contact information
    Crane Cams, Inc.
    530 Fentress Blvd.
    Daytona Beach, FL 32114 386-252-1151
    386-258-6174 Tech Line
    386-258-6167 FAX

black
    1999 trans am

I have crane wires on my car i will bring home my DVOM from work and check them out

2001 Trans Am WS6

Summit refunded my $39.95 for the wires but did not refund their $9.95handling fee or the $8.50 it cost me to send the wires back. So, believing Crane's FALSE ADVERTISING was a mistake that cost me almost $20.00.

Crane has lost a customer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information