Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I dont think anyone said the car you raced did have a stock turbo

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Thats very very strange combo of modifications and he did not say upgraded turbo. The weakest part of the 2G Eclipse/Talons was the hairdryer T25 turbo which I think at best went 13.8 or so................................................

sorry dont know how to quote someone yet.........butEE1981 SAID THIS.......
    SORRY IF I READ THIS WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    Thats very very strange combo of modifications and he did not say upgraded turbo. The weakest part of the 2G Eclipse/Talons was the hairdryer T25 turbo which I think at best went 13.8 or so................................................

sorry dont know how to quote someone yet.........butEE1981 SAID THIS.......
    SORRY IF I READ THIS WRONG
    Yes I said that but I obviously knew you said he had a "hybrid turbo". I said not upgraded because 99.9% of the time you say the turbo you have, such as "16G, 50trim, 20G, yada, not Hybrid. Thats like someone asking me what turbo I have and instead of saying stock I reply "Mitsubishi".

yo messing with ricers isnt always the best idea my buddy has an integra with a t/3 turbo running 16psi with 375hp to the wheels i have seen hime beet an 03 cobra from a 40 roll on the highway i mean dont get me wrong 90% of them are slow as sh*t but make shure you dont pic the wrong one cause you will feel retarded after you get your a$$ handed to you by a honda

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Hybrid is usually upgraded of some type..Most guys will say what they have a bit more simply.
    Stock is 14b and t25 in the stick cars 1st and 2nd gens. Evo big 16 g is very popular and as said they can do 11s at like 120 mph on race gas with proper mods or with meth injection. Had one at our local track just ran 11.88 at 119xx on meth injection pump gas.
    20g is another popular mits turbo that has gone 10s and then you have the hybrids as they are like garrett or other makes but bolt up to the stock setup using the stock exhaust manifolds etc. Then you can have non hybrids that require their own exhaust manifold type of thing.
    Also lots of turbos are pretty meaningless to the average guy not into dsms.
    I have a forced performance 3065 for example.its a garrett , bolts to stock exhaust manifolds ,uses custom 02 housing to stock downpipe.
    It pushed 65 pounds of airflow roughly and that means it can do about 650 engine hp although seen one pushed to 620 whp which is more like 700 plus hp. Airflow is better measure of turbo power potential than how much boost you run.boost is only meaningful in terms of comparing boost levels at same turbo.
    My big 3065 at 15psi makes more power due to airflow than smaller one at
    15psi.
    The small turbos can sometimes give the big turbo a run as they can spool up quicker but if you are looking at past quartermile speeds then the big turbos will for sure win out. 650 hp is going to be faster than 450 hp everytime assuming traction. You can spin up the big turbos faster with tricks,more displacement like my 2.4 engine over stock 2.0 litres ,using stutterbox on line to build some boost or antilag on line to build huge boost.

I love my fbodies but love my dsms just as much,awd will destroy most rwd or fwd cars that are not on drag type tires off the line and the fwd dsms are very light. Couple of fastest street cars at our local track are fwd dsms.
    Awd is also awesome in bad weather of course. And they make great all season cars although I put away my 97 talon its too crazy to keep on the road in our winter conditions.

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

WOW HERE COME THE GUYS THAT JUST CAME BACK FROM SEEING "TOKYO DRIFT" I DONT GIVE A COURTESY FLUSH FOR YOU IMPORT DISEASE, RICER FLY BY ,ALL PARTS NUMBERS AND NO NUUUTS FOR PERFORMANCE CARS......

I SAID THE CAR WENT GOOD ON 19 + PSI ......BOTTOM LINE IS I WOULD HAVE PUT CAR LENGHTS ON HIM OFF THE LINE, I CAME FROM BEHIND HIM AND DIDNT GET TO LAUNCH EVEN .............AWD DOSENT MEAN SHIT TO ME.

......EVERY BODY SEEMS TO KNOW SOMEBODY WHO HAS SUCH AND SUCH THAT PUTS OUT GOBS OF POWER TO THE WHEELS ON 2.0 4 CYLINDERS.....
    .....375 RICER HP BETTER FUCKIN KICK IN GODDANM QUICK TO KEEP WITH MY Z-BABY, YOU BETTER HIT YOUR POINTS PERFECT TO EVEN SEE MY FACE BITCH.......99 % OF RICERS ARE FUCKING SLOW IS EVEN UNLIKELY MORE LIKE99.9%.......

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural aspirations View Post
    WOW HERE COME THE GUYS THAT JUST CAME BACK FROM SEEING "TOKYO DRIFT" I DONT GIVE A COURTESY FLUSH FOR YOU IMPORT DISEASE, RICER FLY BY ,ALL PARTS NUMBERS AND NO NUUUTS FOR PERFORMANCE CARS......

I SAID THE CAR WENT GOOD ON 19 + PSI ......BOTTOM LINE IS I WOULD HAVE PUT CAR LENGHTS ON HIM OFF THE LINE, I CAME FROM BEHIND HIM AND DIDNT GET TO LAUNCH EVEN .............AWD DOSENT MEAN SHIT TO ME.

......EVERY BODY SEEMS TO KNOW SOMEBODY WHO HAS SUCH AND SUCH THAT PUTS OUT GOBS OF POWER TO THE WHEELS ON 2.0 4 CYLINDERS.....
    .....375 RICER HP BETTER FUCKIN KICK IN GODDANM QUICK TO KEEP WITH MY Z-BABY, YOU BETTER HIT YOUR POINTS PERFECT TO EVEN SEE MY FACE BITCH.......99 % OF RICERS ARE FUCKING SLOW IS EVEN UNLIKELY MORE LIKE99.9%.......

Relax man.... RELAX. Take the caps off while youre at it. Its the same story everywhere. Some are fast, most are not. You lose some you win some. Its all fun. You shouldnt be so cocky though. I never am and never will be just beause theres always that one thats gonna kick your ass

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Dsm cars are hardly rice.Rice is a car with decals and fart pipe and maybe an intake.A car that runs like 16s and 17s. Dsms are made in states or canada mostly by eagle/dodge/chrysler/mits.They ran low 15s high 14s bone stock about same as most third gens ran but of course slower bone stock than most stock lt1 and for sure ls1 cars.
    They also have one of the best engines ever made capable of taking 400 ,even 500 hp in basically bone stock form. Fairly easy to work on as well. Plug changes take like 10 minutes,plug wires same,can change out fuel pump in like half and hour, cams in an hour or so. Try that with our lt1 and ls1 cars. Besides our ls1 and lt1 cars suck in snow especially heavy snow ,the awds just plow thru it like little tanks assuming you dont' drop them down too much and kill their ground clearance.
    And awd will own our rwd off the line unless you run tires like nitto drags or et streets ,on normal street tires awd with reasonable power behind it can pull like 1.6 60fts on street tires.
    But hey keep a closed mind no big deal. I was faster than my buddies 2001z28 with lid and loudmouth at 15psi with my setup. I can push 20psi on pump gas ,25 to 30psi on meth injection or race gas. 30psi is roughly 650engine hp. Not too shabby for a 4 banger that weighs about same as new z06 vette.
    But hey if you guys get a chance to try an old 1st or 2nd gen turbo dsm give them a try. Heck even trying a subaru wrx or neon srt 4 is fun to do also.
    But hey my ultimate car is still a twin turbo v8 and that is my next project with my 99 trans am. turbo 4s can be fast but turbo v8s are crazy fast!
    Course there are also turbo v10s and v12s but can't quite afford that mercedes v12 twin turbo just yet.

2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Bro I know how a turbo system works believe me, but a boost controller is a boost controller. A Turbo controller is a controller for Xbox

Is this what he saw inside his car? In all my life Ive never been able to visually see a boost controller from outside a car.
    Click for full size
    I may be a little late jumpin' in on this conversation but that's not an Xbox controller, it's a Playstation controller and son of a bitch if that thing didn't add 20 ponies to my car after I installed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti-MANIac View Post
    I may be a little late jumpin' in on this conversation but that's not an Xbox controller, it's a Playstation controller and son of a bitch if that thing didn't add 20 ponies to my car after I installed it!
    Ah my apologies, you are correct, I was typing too fast!

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

99 ta obv. you also have some dsm experience. Most people respect them but there are the occasional numbs nuts out there. My dsm is my fast car, z 28 is the dd, it that how your garage works? obviously you can make these ls-1 cars very fast, but i think im going to go n/a and go for 500 hp. That way i can have a 4 banger turbo rocket and an na v8 rocket!

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

what the hell ever .........500 hp in stock trim ...i call BS....DUDE A LID AND LOUDMOUTH AINT SHIT for an ls1......OK SO THE MORE YOU BOOST THE MORE POWER YOU MAKE....BUT YOUR 20 PSI WILL STILL GET BLOWN AWAY BY A CAM ONLY LS1........my ls1 with a 150 shot will eat your 30 psi alive you fuckin retard....dont get me into how much power we make n/a its totally a whole nother world......4 bangers must work twice as hard to make the no sweat power of the ls1 and then its not verry consistent

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

are you drunk or something?
    who are you even talking to?
    calm down. write a coherent statement directed towards someone. you make no sense.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

sorry---i was talking to 99taws6----and i wish i was drunk-

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Besides our ls1 and lt1 cars suck in snow especially heavy snow ,the awds just plow thru it like little tanks assuming you dont' drop them down too much and kill their ground clearance.
    And awd will own our rwd off the line unless you run tires like nitto drags or et streets ,on normal street tires awd with reasonable power behind it can pull like 1.6 60fts on street tires.
    But hey keep a closed mind no big deal. I was faster than my buddies 2001z28 with lid and loudmouth at 15psi with my setup. I can push 20psi on pump gas ,25 to 30psi on meth injection or race gas. 30psi is roughly 650engine hp. Not too shabby for a 4 banger that weighs about same as new z06 vette.
    .........................OK 1ST I HAVE DRAG RADIALS IT WAS MY FIRST MOD.......2ND (SNOW) WTF---they dont even make chains for 315-30-18 tires.......3rd id love to see your pos. make 650 hp----WAS THAT BETTER GRIZZLE----OR ARE YOUR LACE PANTIES STILL BUNCHING UP ----

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Breakparts take a time out. I own both cars and they are good at different things.

If you want spank them so bad go to the dsm shootout in Norwalk Ohio and give them all a run.

dude you need a reality check i love v8s just as much as everyone else but there are fast cars out there and they should be respected its gonna be funny when you run into an sti with a sg20 turbo swap and get your ass handed to you and start to cry because you just got raped by a 4banger

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Breakparts I am an old guy ,grew up on v8s ,especially chevy big blocks! Had a supercharged big block car around 1000engine hp. Had many many 2nd gen f bodies and owned 96ta,97 ta pretty modded, 99 ta that have currently getting twin turboed and 96z28 getting cam/headers /heads and have zex wet kit for it as well.
    If you would have said these dsm cars could put out the power they can when set up right I would have agreed with you no way. But they can and do!
    My engine is not stock its pretty much 90% american parts..crower rods,wiseco pistons,crower cams and springs,garrett made in USA turbo,made in USA intercooler, made in USA clutch.
    And I think I know what ls1s put out..I have one..HELLO!
    Buddies 2001 z28 put out 330 rwhp. Around 400 engine.I raced him at 15psi on the 97 talon and was slightly faster talking from a roll ,of course I crushed him off the line he was on street tires.
    At 20psi the car puts out roughly 500 or so engine hp. It takes a bit more than a cam in our ls1s to make 500 engine. Usually from the other ls1s I have seen dynoed locally or on the boards it takes pretty much heads,cam,headers bolt ons to get 500 out of an ls1 engine NA.At 30psi cars with my mods do 650 engine hp. To get that would take heads,cam/headers bolt ons and 150 shot. Or of course put super or turbo on the ls1. I love ls1s too! Duh! I am building a twin turbo ls1 that should be capable of over 1000 engine hp.I expect it to be my fastest car when done in year or so.
    But my 97 can kill most all the f bodies in our car club at 30psi and the car is setup for direct port nitrous with another 100 to 200 shot although doubt going to use much more than 50. 50 shot on turbo is like 100 shot on na car.

And as I said both dsms and the f bodies are fun in their own way. The f bodies are big powerful cars that get great mileage and can put out amazing power. The dsms in fwd form are very light and awd dsms are much better all season cars than the f bodies. I have tried to drive my f bodies in snow and ice and it wasn't much fun ,it might have been more fun with really expensive snow/ice tires possibly with studs.

And my f body buddies in my car club also had their doubts about my dsm being that fast until I took them for a ride in it and ran a few of them.
    Two years in a row the winner of fastest street car shootout at local track was talon fwd running slicks. It was slowed down to not be under 11.5 as it had no cage and it was not stock by any stretch but was not super lightened race car either. And it as not very exotic for mods.Just big turbo,intercooler,usual support mods.

Anyway like I said test drive if you get a chance a 1st or 2nd gen dsm turbo preferrably awd, and also maybe a subaru wrx or neon srt4. All are pretty fun cars. But personally like the two door dsms better mostly from looks point of view.

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

Are We Still Talking About Your 650 Hp Talon ???

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

99TAWS6???????
    SO ON 15 PSI YOU BARELY BEAT A STOCK LS1 WITH SHITTY DRIVER AND TIRES!!!!!AND YOUR SAYING YOU MAKE 500 HP WITH ONLY 5 PSI MORE... IF THATS TRUE YOUR SHIT IS SLOW AT 500 HP ....FUGGG THAT!!!!fuck you ....test drive a neon----fuck that---WHY WOULD ANY ONE WHO SPANKS MODDED SRT-4'S GO AND DRIVE ONE!!!! i have built small block and big block chevys and even some ford 460 cj's since i was in high school, theres no misplacement for displacement!!!!!
    your talon better not have a stock internal in it to handle what your claiming
    and SHOW SOME DYNO GRAPHS OR YOUR BULLSHIT IS OFFICIALLY BULLSHIT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information