Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ws.666 vs s2000

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The redline's are pretty good from a roll. To bad they don't rev higher. You can feel that they are willing to.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

that can be fixed no?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

sigh... the guy couldn't go out last night, and it's gonna rain from now until monday...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Good...I was gonna pissed if it did...Cause no one called me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i called out a dude on a local board b/c he's been talking up his car an awful lot and I'm kinda annoyed by it; so i challenged him to a race. I'm not sure what is mods are...he could have a turbo, could have a down pipe and that's it. anyway, what do you think i can do to him? From a dig. [my tires are so bald...]

my mods:
    KONI sa's
    35mm front sway
    halbert's Lower control arms
    UMI tq arm
    clear lid + Borla Exhaust
    deja vu... tires with little tread... i smell a tree and arrest comming

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

The Redline ION, Yeah I know what you are talking about, as soon as it pulls, at 6500 the rev limiter licks in...

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

And I thought the Honda guys were bad about talking smack.....

For the record, I'm the first person to tell everyone that the S is no drag machine.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    How do you figure?? There's no way an intake, header, and exhaust is going to cut a full second from his 1/4 mile times.

Not to mention low 14's is the best they can run. Considering the cars pathetic lack of any low end power, combined with IRS, most driver's won't come close to low 14's.
    Reading "Header" in singular form just looks plain wrong

Theres no way that S2000 stands a chance.

Its power mods include full exhaust and intake, which actually barely add any power to that thing.

Even with spending like 7 grand theyre still not that fast. When i got my car tuned with full exhaust and cams and licp I raced a kid in my town who was supercharged running 8psi and I blew his doors off from a roll. Its a Honda.. its

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Since the consensus is that I'm going to get slaughtered, perhaps a better test would be racing a modded STI or EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Theres no way that S2000 stands a chance.

Its power mods include full exhaust and intake, which actually barely add any power to that thing.

Even with spending like 7 grand theyre still not that fast. When i got my car tuned with full exhaust and cams and licp I raced a kid in my town who was supercharged running 8psi and I blew his doors off from a roll. Its a Honda.. its

99% of modded EVOs would blow your doors off so nah I dont think thatd be too good of a race. You might get a 2003 with some crap tune with hardly any mods and beat it from a roll but thats about it. Ive yet to see a fast S2000 so I guess Im a little biased. The fastest one around here certainly looks badass and the kid is really cool but hell, 6-7k for a blower and he gets killed by my bolt-on EVO? Damn.

I dont mean to rip on your car, they are very nice cars but theyre just not that fast and theyre hard ot make fast. Drag racing is NOT the hot spot for them.. Hell it isnt even the hot spot for my car. Your car shines in auto-x like a gem.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

I was referring to the firebird racing. He called me out, not vice versa. If my little honda is too slow, he should race something faster.

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    99% of modded EVOs would blow your doors off so nah I dont think thatd be too good of a race. You might get a 2003 with some crap tune with hardly any mods and beat it from a roll but thats about it. Ive yet to see a fast S2000 so I guess Im a little biased. The fastest one around here certainly looks badass and the kid is really cool but hell, 6-7k for a blower and he gets killed by my bolt-on EVO? Damn.

Ugh.

Talk about big shitty tease!
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Raced a "modded" S2000 myself a few weeks back from a dig. Had to slow down once I reached the 1/8th mile though cuz my legs were freaking killing me. Took a moment to stop and tie my running shoes, when that sum-biatch gave me the fly by. Heh, the nerve of those Hon-duh boys...

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i called out a dude on a local board b/c he's been talking up his car an awful lot and I'm kinda annoyed by it; so i challenged him to a race. I'm not sure what is mods are...he could have a turbo, could have a down pipe and that's it. anyway, what do you think i can do to him? From a dig.
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 09-23-2006 at 06:44 PM.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

It's quicker now - but still mid 13s at best. No torque, no weight, and high revs make for a bitch to launch. Even the ones in the 10s are barely getting their 60' under 1.8

Grrrr... won't let me post URLs....here, do the math.

media.putfile.com/S2kVsStang

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by s2knky View Post
    It's quicker now - but still mid 13s at best. No torque, no weight, and high revs make for a bitch to launch. Even the ones in the 10s are barely getting their 60' under 1.8

Grrrr... won't let me post URLs....here, do the math.

media.putfile.com/S2kVsStang
    Was that a 103.4 trap...kinda hard to see in the vid. Your car isn't slow by any means but you'll need to trap 4ish mph more to tangle with a decently driven stock 6 speed ws6.

Nice run BTW

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

I've trapped as well as 107 / 108. Once the URL thing starts working for me in posts, I'll put one up of my friend Barry's modded C5 just blowing my doors off.

As much of it is in the launch as well as keeping traction between the top of first and into second. She's a bit squirrelly outta the hole. Generally I've found a perfectly straight launch with minimal spin outta the hole gets me 2.0 60' and 13.5 / 13.6 @ 106.5 / 107. Two tenths and a mph or two are lost in that 1st to 2nd transistion (if not just the shot outta the hole).

It's a finnicky little car to run at the strip. I'm much more partial to the auto-x, but it's still fun to run.

Does that sea turtle have a front mount intercooler and a "JDM" red badge? LOL. That's one bitchin' hatchback.

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

This is on 14PSI, stock internals. (They're forged ya know) 4.26 rear gears. Really, anything someone wants to put a little money into is capable of running 10s.

Generally turbo and supercharged setups on the S2000 are more moderate, as the factory compression is just a hair shy of 11:1. More commonly, you'll see 7-8lb setups.

It's not a drag car. A little bit of boost though, and it scoots.

No, they're not incredibly fast, but neither are stock LS1 camaros and firebirds.

For a N/A 4 banger go-kart, it holds it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    I RACED a turbo s2000 and beat him up....I POSTED A KILL THREAD IN LS1 TECH AND I GOT BS FLAGGED..THESE CARS ARENT THAT FUCKING FAST AND IT PISSES ME OFF THAT YOU FUCKERS THINK THEY ARE.......SMOKE HIS RICER ASS

DOHC DORK

Red
    00 S2000

Not really. The S2000 is a fairly rigid chassis, but the front bracing does help the oversteer be a little more predictable in a hard step in.

Numbres are more like 220 whp and 165 ft/lbs at the wheels, per the last dyno trip. (and then add some spray of course)

The Spoon single stainless exhaust dropped nearly 35lbs off the car, and has a perfect, mandrel bent, exit off the car. Dyno showed the exhaust and cat-delete were good for about 12whp. This won't sound like much to an LS1 guy, who gains 20whp just by putting a real exhaust on the car. It has alot to do with something being properly tuned from the factory.

I'm a car guy with a Honda, not a Honda guy with a complex. Save the ricer tag for the civics with bleacher seat spoilers and APC stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Wow, he doesn't even stand a chance. He's probably pushing about 210WHP and about 90ft/lbs to the wheels, he will get destroyed by an LS1

Stupid ricers never learn, I suppose he thinks all that Spoon/Neuspeed stuff givesd him like 100 more HP

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information