Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000 Z28

My computer > yours

So I'm on my way to work this morning at about 6:30. Heading down a 2 lane highway, wide open spaces, and very little traffic... except for this Tiburon that is about 10 feet off my back bumper at 80.

So finally she decides to try and pass me. I don't even bother to drop a few gears, I just ease down on the gas in 6th. So she runs up next to me, and I'm just matchin speed, right up until we get to 110. I slow back down to about 105, and she's right there, back above 110, she's got nothing.

Then my days of owning a fast-looking car came back to me. She must have been hitting her computer's speed limiter.

I just have a problem with people tailgating me at 85mph (in a 55 no less) and then trying to pass me in the right lane. Had I wanted to blow her away, I'd have dropped down a few gears.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gashkerwin View Post
    Then my days of owning a fast-looking car came back to me.

you think a tiburon is a fast looking car?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea i'd say so, for the untrained eye yes

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I would have to agree too. For the untrained eye it can look like a supra from far away.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver View Post
    I would have to agree too. For the untrained eye it can look like a supra from far away.
    They are quick stock, but not fast. Kind of like your Evo. They need F/I in order to actually be fast

My buddy has an 01 Tib, 4 cyl 5 speed. He's got I/H/E, I'd say he's making about 160HP. I can hang with him in 6th gear on the highway no problem. In fact, when I'm following him, even around town he'll be running his car as hard as he can and I'll be shifting at 2K and keeping up just fine

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Tiburon's have to the weakest 6cyl out there! Their 6 puts out what a good N/A 4 does. They need to make a motor for a car and not a mini-van.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

They are quick stock, but not fast. Kind of like your Evo. They need F/I in order to actually be fast
    Of course they need forced induction to be fast, it's a freaking 2 liter motor.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Of course they need forced induction to be fast, it's a freaking 2 liter motor.
    Exactly my point. Waste of time, start with a real motor and if you want more power go F/I from there.

Sounds of angry bees and gutless low end power don't appeal to me.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

yeah wel they are a good chick car. my sister had one all the options 04 with 18' and a 15'' sub in the back. it was fun i drove it when i had to take long trips. i like the car

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly my point. Waste of time, start with a real motor and if you want more power go F/I from there.

Sounds of angry bees and gutless low end power don't appeal to me.
    Dam wesman. You really have something against evos. Im glad you did not race EE1983 cus then you would hate us even more.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Dam wesman. You really have something against evos. Im glad you did not race EE1983 cus then you would hate us even more.
    I think they are pieces of shit, because they really are. Mitsubishis are trash, and Evos are one of the most overrated cars ever.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

You're ignorant heh.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    You're ignorant heh.
    Mitsubitchis are Jap crap and they suck. Heh.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

dude, i hope youre not serious. evos can be low 12's high 11's with the stock turbo. plus they could put a hurtin on us in the corners

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    dude, i hope youre not serious. evos can be low 12's high 11's with the stock turbo. plus they could put a hurtin on us in the corners
    I've never been more serious in my life actually.

I didn't say Evos can't be made fast. Hell, any car can be made fast, and many for much cheaper than an Evo. I also didn't say they don't handle well, they definitely do.

What I'm saying is I think they are crappy cars overall. First of all its a Mitsubishi, probably the shittiest car manufacturer on the planet. They have a not-so-stellar reputation for building cars that are complete garbage. I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi if you paid me.

Second of all, the Evo is a 4 door sedan. Slapping a turbo on a FWD based Jap economy car doesn't all of a sudden make it a sports car. Its still a family sedan. Not to mention its ugly as hell with its tacky body kit, rubbermaid interior, and massive wing riding on the trunk. Basically driving one makes you look like a 16 year old boy racer.

Like I said, you can have a piece of shit that goes fast and handles well, but in the end its still a piece of shit.

Just my opinion, I would never buy one for those reasons.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Tibs = hot chick car

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I've never been more serious in my life actually.

I didn't say Evos can't be made fast. Hell, any car can be made fast, and many for much cheaper than an Evo. I also didn't say they don't handle well, they definitely do.

What I'm saying is I think they are crappy cars overall. First of all its a Mitsubishi, probably the shittiest car manufacturer on the planet. They have a not-so-stellar reputation for building cars that are complete garbage. I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi if you paid me.

Second of all, the Evo is a 4 door sedan. Slapping a turbo on a FWD based Jap economy car doesn't all of a sudden make it a sports car. Its still a family sedan. Not to mention its ugly as hell with its tacky body kit, rubbermaid interior, and massive wing riding on the trunk. Basically driving one makes you look like a 16 year old boy racer.

Like I said, you can have a piece of shit that goes fast and handles well, but in the end its still a piece of shit.

Just my opinion, I would never buy one for those reasons.
    You know, the stock 4g63 engine is the most forgiving engine out there. Its said that no other stock engine can handle more punishment. Especialy from turbos. Stated in many mags and proven by us.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

You know, the stock 4g63 engine is the most forgiving engine out there. Its said that no other stock engine can handle more punishment. Especialy from turbos. Stated in many mags and proven by us.
    i hear you. i owned a prelude before my ta and i loved it. i built a motor in the same shop i just built my stroker in and i got 367 rwhp out of her but fucked up the tranny soo my parent bought me the ta for my b-day had to trade in the luder.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

My buddy has an 01 Tib, 4 cyl 5 speed. He's got I/H/E, I'd say he's making about 160HP. I can hang with him in 6th gear on the highway no problem. In fact, when I'm following him, even around town he'll be running his car as hard as he can and I'll be shifting at 2K and keeping up just fine
    lmao shifting at 2k

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    lmao shifting at 2k
    The funniest part is it's actually true lol.

Thread Information