Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    dude cop cars are no compare with LS1s!!! are u kidding me.. ok they are faster than regular crown vics. but not faster than u.. even without all those cop stuffs in them, you will still walk on them!
    True but all they have to do is radio ahead and then......well....they are auctioning off your vehicle at a public sale and then what......

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by cmaross01 View Post
    But beware I saw a Hemi Charger cop car the other day.

However we would still put lengths on them.
    yeah they are driving the srt8 and hemi chargers in the woodland texas. good luck getting to far away from that

NBM
    98 trans am

i saw one here in Tulsa, i was like that sucks lol

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

They are slower than you think. I saw a couple at the track where I live. The new charger cop cars. They were runnin 16's. 15's for you sea level boyz.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Didn't they drive Charger's back in the 70's also? Funny how they go back to Mopar. It's gonna be an all out HP war soon. Once the Challenger starts selling like crazy, the Chevelle will arise. I think the only thing I would even think about out running a cop w/ is the new StingRay's coming out.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Didn't they drive Charger's back in the 70's also? Funny how they go back to Mopar. It's gonna be an all out HP war soon. Once the Challenger starts selling like crazy, the Chevelle will arise. I think the only thing I would even think about out running a cop w/ is the new StingRay's coming out.
    there is a new sting ray coming out?? or is that i joke and im stupid?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I ran a camaro cop car at the track once. I think he ran in the 14.7-8's. this is at Bandimere (5280ish elevation). you would easily walk from a caprice. The new charge cop cars have leather in the back, rather than the hard plastic seat. Little off topic, but interesting.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    there is a new sting ray coming out?? or is that i joke and im stupid?
    It's a Z06 w/ a supercharger slapped on. Like you don't already have enough HP w/ the NA Z06 right? LoL! If I bought one I'd throw some slicks on at the dealership, flatbed it to the track, and race it w/ the temp tags all on the same day!

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

It's a Z06 w/ a supercharger slapped on. Like you don't already have enough HP w/ the NA Z06 right? LoL! If I bought one I'd throw some slicks on at the dealership, flatbed it to the track, and race it w/ the temp tags all on the same day!
    where can i look this up at?? link?? i couldnt find anything

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Cops have Ls1 Camaros in Pontiac Michigan.
    I know they have fun with those.. you know how cops are since the cars arent theirs they do them how they want

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Cops have Ls1 Camaros in Pontiac Michigan.
    I know they have fun with those.. you know how cops are since the cars arent theirs they do them how they want
    Meaning wasting tons of gas, letting them idle constantly, and generally beating the hell out of them. Slow down for a speed bump or turn off the car while in Dunkin Donuts?? Why do that, its not their fuel or maintenance bill, its the taxpayers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

here in florida, when the 2005 mustangs came out, the seminole county police department bought three silver ones. limo tint unmarked. pulling all kinds of people over for trying to race them on I-4. was on the news.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    here in florida, when the 2005 mustangs came out, the seminole county police department bought three silver ones. limo tint unmarked. pulling all kinds of people over for trying to race them on I-4. was on the news.
    I would never pull over for an umarked, silver Mustang GT with tints. The law here in NJ actually doesn't require you to, you're supposed to go to the nearest "well lit populated areas of police station" and then pull over.

You know what that means?? Bird out the window and drop the hammer...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The law here in NJ actually doesn't require you to, you're supposed to go to the nearest "well lit populated areas of police station" and then pull over.
    so, in NJ, you can wait until you find a well lit police station in a populated area before you have to pull over??

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You know what that means?? Bird out the window and drop the hammer...
    don't want to try that here in florida. here's the wonder 316.191 statute. not to mention fleeing and evading.

Black
    99 Z28

cop cars are not that quick. And the radio doesnt help that much. All you gotta do is loose them b4 they get your plates or back-up arives. Cops are easy to out run. (but if they get your plates... theyll be waiting for you in your driveway) Then you dont have to worry about driving for a long time.

Black
    99 Z28

Also a friend of mine is a constable. Constables have to provide thier own vehicle. He has a wicked Tahoe. Lowered w/ black AR wheels, 3" exhaust, full eibach suspension (he can FLY around corners), and a couple of bolt-ons. By far the fastest Tahoe Ive ever seen. Since the car is his he can do what ever he wants to it. Before he added all the heavy police equiptment (wich he says slows him down a lot) He ran 14's.

Can my car keep up w/ a Crown Vic or Impala w/ a police package? Always wondered what the specs are on Cop Cars.
    are you serious??

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I'll let you in on a little secret:

The biggest thing going for cops in chases is the stupidity/inexperience/ego of the other driver. Being patient and waiting for a mistake is what will get them caught most of the time. Unfortunately, that usually means someone gets hurt.

Car performance is NOT usually in the favor of the law. Just a plain fact.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    so, in NJ, you can wait until you find a well lit police station in a populated area before you have to pull over??
    Only for unmarked vehicles. If its a marked Crown Vic with a light bar, you have to pull over under all circumstances.

don't want to try that here in florida. here's the wonder 316.191 statute. not to mention fleeing and evading.
    Sounds like they are Nazis in florida...according to those laws, I could drive next to my buddy and get arrested for street racing based on the cops "discression"

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    It'd probably be on my list if I had an hour to live

Mine too. After I finish with one I will go find another!

Think about it guys, most of us have cars that will just plain smoke all cop cars, except the trooper Z28's. They have a chance to keep you in sight at least. Crown Vic's, not a chance in hell. Pure smokage.

The reason why cops have the advantage though, is b/c they are BEHIND you. So, all the "unknowns" will be encountered by the lead car first. That is why you always see the lead car getting f*cked up. And what happens, the cop has precious TIME to hit his brakes before dangerous stuff comes up.

Get him on a deserted country road, or out in the Nevada desert or some crap, and he will NEVER see you again. Take your time going around curves, not TOO fast, but juuusst right, and f*cking floor it on straightaways, and make sure you got good brakes. Brakes that will take a LOT of punishment without fade. He will CATCH HELL trying to stay close. Matter of fact, he will prolly kill himself cause Crown Vic's handle like sh*t.

Then you better hope he didn't get your plates, cause they could hit you up with 2nd degree murder, or manslaughter or some unfair sh*t like that.
    Last edited by Roastem; 09-15-2006 at 08:32 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information