Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

At least the Cobalt driver didn't puss out.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    My car also handles well for a FWD
    Oh believe me I know they handle well. But it doesn't compare on a track at 100 when you need to drift a corner.

No RWD = no drift.

That was my only point. I actually need to drive an SRT-4 one of these days, I have ran with a few, but am yet to drive one.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

They are fun but i do want RWD. They are pretty hard to drift but i have only tried with my srt(in fwd)

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Not that I disagree with the result of your reasoning, because I don't. But do you think it is fair to comapre a used ls1 to a new 4 banger?
    reasonably noted...but yes I do think its fair when I consider which of the two are more powerful right when I purchase it, and which one can be modded for a reasonable amount of money. Also put into consideration is reliability. Big importance there for us daily drivers. 4G63T's are known for crank-walk....SR20's are expensive to mod..so are the KA24DE's.+they smoke their ass off..the WRX motors Im not too familiar with, but theyre prob. outrageous to mod. Lots of things are considered when I think about buying a sports car. I think the main reasons I got the Z I have now are: 1. so my 87 camaro that was unrightfully stolen from me can live vicariously through this one..hehe (i ragged that car out so bad..it seemed bulletproof though.GOOD TIMES R.I.P. baby....2. I drove my friend's 6 speed TA and it was bad ass. My other friend's SS is awesome, too. I was sold on the LS1 since then, besides the fact that I am a huge old Mopar fan thanks to my father. Love the American Muscle!! Dont like Ford too much since I had a Ranger that I had to repair all the damn time including expensive tranny rebuilds twice!
    Last edited by BlackZ28629; 08-20-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

I just received a letter from a chevy dealer trying to get me to buy an SS. They wrote it was the last one and had 0%apr.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Heh I had one keep up with my '95 Camaro the other day, was pretty cool to see one move a bit. Ohh fyi my '95 is a 3.4L A4, with minor mods...

red
    00 camaro ss

I own both, all I have to say is, that the cobalt is in a differnt class that the f body. but I will have my cobalt flying by most fbods after the warranty runs out. Just look at my sig, u see what I did to the camaro, just think of what I am going to do to its little brother. this aught to stir up some good conversation. lol
    00 ss camaro, 6.0 liter iron block, 4" callies crank, 4" Mahle pistons, Howards rods, Comp cam .598/.598, ported polished heads, Fast 90mm intake and tb flp headers and y pipe, lingenfelter muffler and tips, Maf, injectors, frame connectors.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

old 4g63s are prone to crank walk, the 4g63 in the evo does not. Just fyi

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nikos95 View Post
    Heh I had one keep up with my '95 Camaro the other day, was pretty cool to see one move a bit. Ohh fyi my '95 is a 3.4L A4, with minor mods...
    k....i call bulls*** on that one...The guys cobalt that Im talkin about would most definitely smoke your weak 3.4. Hell, I could beat you on foot. JFWY
    But let's be real here....
    And for the Evo guy, yes the 4G63 in the evo's are also prone to crank-walk.
    I've spoken with several evo owners about this. I am sure the design is better now than when it was first introduced, but my comparison was relative to price of power, not a debate on who has the most efficiently built durable motor; in which case the LS1 would win in that category, as well.
    Stock$30K EVO < Stock$22KLS1 (both new est. prices)

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i got his back on this one....no trash talkin evos w/o the guy being a dick first..there bad ass cars for the money and not any where near the same kind of car as a camaro/firbird....there amazing year rd and one of the best handling cars on the road....now i previously owned an rsx-s and very much missed the v8 rumble and monster amts of tourqe.....evo 30k, ws6 or ss brand new back in 2002 30k ....even in a straight line but the evo would eat them pretty good around a track not to mention snow......its just a totaly diff kind of car and a much different experence driving it..its not a muscle car ..lol

pewter

needless to say i have lots of respect for evos/sti's and not much respect for the vast majority of other rice out there...GM needs to bulild an awd car similar with an ls2 in it!!!!!! id be the first in line for that beast

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Gm should have tried that in the 07 grand prix.

pewter

yes..or even a turbo 6 w/ awd...somthing with at least 300 horse stock and LOTS of potential from there .....how bout the G6 coupe with that combo???

Black
    2000 Z28

Last night I was coming down a 2 lane highway on my way home, and someone tried to give me a right lane flyby. Saw it coming, grabbed a gear and didn't let it happen. Well, here it was a little Cobalt SS. So we end up side by side at a light, I hear his super charger start to WHINE. It sounded something like this... "no please driver NO, thats an LS1 over there, I don't stand a chance, PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS". Green light, punch. I had a car by the time I hit 2nd, eased into 3rd and let him catch back up, punched it again and had him by another car from 70-90. This is with an LS1 that right now isn't even making 300 at the crank, thanks to my SES code and the computer being kind enough to pull my timing for me. (Computer isn't getting an RPM signal from engine correctly, mostly harmless, its my daily driver and I haven't had a chance to have it fixed.)

Are the Cobalts cooler than the Cavaliers that they replaced? Sure.

Does that SS that they slap on there just confuse the buyers? Aparently.

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

Are the Cobalts cooler than the Cavaliers that they replaced? Sure.
    I prefer my cavalier over the cobalt any day. I did test drive an SS and did't like it.

Thread Information