Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

MadSeason... so you know for sure that the DVC 4ohm EU-700 fits in with no modifications?

because all the people on the eD forums seem to think that they won't fit...

did you try to use them on the stock monsoon amp?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker
    MadSeason... so you know for sure that the DVC 4ohm EU-700 fits in with no modifications?

because all the people on the eD forums seem to think that they won't fit...

did you try to use them on the stock monsoon amp?
    Yes they worked with one modification, I took the old speaker connection and soldered it up to the new speaker so It would fit perfect without cutting any wires. I'll get some pics posted eventually but I have to reinstall them. So when it warms up I'll show you all that they fit my car just fine with no problems. I used them on the stock amp, but because I'm saving to replace the whole system I took them out until then. I was test fitting and seeing how they sounded through the stock system. Much better than what was there, but I don't want to underpower them with the stock amp

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    I don't want to underpower them with the stock amp
    Bingo! That's why I haven't even considered replacing them yet... because the distortion back there makes me cringe... while from the front seat, they sound 'acceptable'... in the back seat, it just sounds like they are ripping apart from distortion... and I literally have my stock deck's lowest 3 eq bars all the way down... (they seem to have very little effect)

man this is music to my ears... because so many people told me that I would have to rip the crap out of my car to get those EU-700s from eD to fit in there...

you were able to get the factory speaker grilles to fit over when you were done? and did you actually power them and see if the speaker bottomed-out on anything or the surround scraped on anything?? I may have to order a pair of these soon because they are only $50... compared to the $80 for the stock ones... damnit I feel like a moron because I asked a bunch of trans am owners on the eD forums before I bought a stock replacement woofer... what a friggin' waste of money...

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker
    Bingo! That's why I haven't even considered replacing them yet... because the distortion back there makes me cringe... while from the front seat, they sound 'acceptable'... in the back seat, it just sounds like they are ripping apart from distortion... and I literally have my stock deck's lowest 3 eq bars all the way down... (they seem to have very little effect)

man this is music to my ears... because so many people told me that I would have to rip the crap out of my car to get those EU-700s from eD to fit in there...

you were able to get the factory speaker grilles to fit over when you were done? and did you actually power them and see if the speaker bottomed-out on anything or the surround scraped on anything?? I may have to order a pair of these soon because they are only $50... compared to the $80 for the stock ones... damnit I feel like a moron because I asked a bunch of trans am owners on the eD forums before I bought a stock replacement woofer... what a friggin' waste of money...
    yes the factory grills fit over them and I did power them up and they worked fine. Did you also ask those trans am owners if they actually tried it?

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

haha one of them said they did try it and they had to hack away at stuff... which really deterred me from buying the Eu-700...

I plan on buying a pair of 6500s, a nINE.4 to (someday...actively) power them... and a set of 700s for the sails... and I will probably just rig a set of kappa plates for the hatch... off the headunit power...

the only problem I can think of now is that I like to low-pass my REAL subs at 50-60hz... when I would assume that the EU-700s (WHEN in the sail panels in IB setup,) will not partiularly play these low notes so well... so where do I get the signal for the sail subwoofers?? I will be running a HPF on both the front and the rear... unless the cross-over on the 6500s is so good that I don't have to... in that case I could run the non-cross-over signal to the nINE.4, then patch it over to another amp to run the EU-700s...

I bet I will still need to High-Pass the 6500s though... even if the cross-over is good enough.. cuz the doors rattle too much.

I will probably have to cross over the sub output at 150hz or something, then tweak each amp individually for the sub output... but I hate that, I'd rather have full control with the headunit... any ideas?

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

it almost sounds like I would need the Ural CDD that eD is getting ready to sell... with 6-independent channels plus subwoofer output... but I don't know if I trust it like I would the new pioneers...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information