Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Look here, on eD's forum

this guy just posted up some more good info/pics...

I still think cutting that 1" hole behind the woofer is a good idea

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's a damn good read! that ArcticAcid guy really did a good job. I'm with you though-i think that letting them breath is better b/c they are designed to be free-air woofers. I can't wait to get those risers and an amp! those are really good pics he took!

I wanted to note that when i sent jaison of pics of the inside of my car i had more room than him and I have a formula and he has a TA, don't know why this is

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

yeah that's definitely weird, because people claim that all of the 4thgens have the same exact body (other than convertible,) but clearly that's not the case.

so the solution for trans ams is to use spacers, drill out a small hole behind the subwoofer to let the voicecoil 'breathe,' then get custom speaker grills if necessary.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

scrapy, what's the deal did you lookinto that custom stuff, etc? got any prices yet-i'm intrested in buyin

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

I haven't had the time here recently... I still need to get the spacers made... as soon as I go in to get my spacers made I'll have them refer me to the custom grill company

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

So I guess I'll make a write up one for the Z when I get my EU700s if someone here hasn't made one already.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    So I guess I'll make a write up one for the Z when I get my EU700s if someone here hasn't made one already.

i was just going to ask if the metal behind the speaker was the same on a Z as it is on the TA.. let us know how it goes.. do you have to wait for your shit to come in, or do you have it already? post some pics when you're done.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

who makes these eu700 speakers you speak of.... Ive replaced my speakers with two different styles both have had great sound.. boston acoustic pros 6.5's... and polk momo 6.5 seperates .. and they are ridiculously loud and crystal clear
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

what? you don't want to put boston or momo back there... these are supposed to be midbass or low-end...

www.elementaldesigns.com

these speakers fit with a 1/2" custom spacer... the reason they are custom is because you need a notch cut out for the dual wire terminals to fit... not a huge deal, but I'm not the fondest of it..

with an aftermarket amplifier, you should get some good results... with the stock amp, expect sub-par results... the stock subs will sound MUCH better... do not be fooled... as soon as you get an amp, you will be suprised, since these woofers can handle 150 watts rms

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

wtf dude these are cheap looking $50 dollar speakers haha ... These do not compare to Bostons or Polk Momos

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

uh, I'm not arguing that you would get a 'fuller' sound out of a component set right there... what I'm saying is that the speaker location in the back seat is INTENDED for sub-woofer use... putting a full component set there will annoy the crap out of your passengers, as well as pull your soundstage back and muddy up the audio...

As far as I know, these are the best sub-woofers on the market for that stock location.

plus, do your Boston or Polk Momos have 13mm of one-way linear excursion? no they don't, because most 12" subwoofers don't even have that much.

Have a good day.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    uh, I'm not arguing that you would get a 'fuller' sound out of a component set right there... what I'm saying is that the speaker location in the back seat is INTENDED for sub-woofer use... putting a full component set there will annoy the crap out of your passengers, as well as pull your soundstage back and muddy up the audio...

As far as I know, these are the best sub-woofers on the market for that stock location.

plus, do your Boston or Polk Momos have 13mm of one-way linear excursion? no they don't, because most 12" subwoofers don't even have that much.

Have a good day.
    As for you saying the speaker location in the back seat is intended for a subwoofer .. sorry but thats incorrect. If that were so the speaker that youre replacing from the factory would be a subwoofer.

Is it coincidentally enough space for a small subwoofer for those who want to waste time putting it back there with the passenger and then not hearing the words or anywhere near the sound as having the appropriate speaker in the hole? Ok some may agree. If Im going to put something in my car for sound quality and increase the power I wont buy a cheap mini system to replace whats already there for a minimal increase in sound.

I put a complete system in my car did it right and it sounds phenomenal. I replaced all four 6.5's factory speakers with the appropriate 6.5 seperate upgrades. I also added a Digital sound processor and multiband EQ with location position sensor. So no the sound isnt drowned out or distorted in any way. I gave up my trunk space for a real system. Everything looks factory in my car until you get into the trunk and you cant hide two !2 in Solobarics, which I think cover the 13 mm of one way excursion you spoke of.

My thing is this if youre going to do a system do it right .. Spend the money to get the sound you want with the quality and clarity you need.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

WTF are you two talking about? I thought the ones on the hatch are the mini subwoofers and the fronts and the backseat are regular speakers.

Sgt, I haven't taken mine apart to see a comparison between the T/A and the Z. I'm still waiting for funds to buy my set.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

WTF? who puts passengers in the back of an F body anyway? the only people that ride in the back seat are my kids. and with any passengers in the back, you have to turn the shit down, so it doesn't make them go deaf any way.

has any one tried Jl audio's 6wo's. i think those would be sweet.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    WTF are you two talking about? I thought the ones on the hatch are the mini subwoofers and the fronts and the backseat are regular speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    As for you saying the speaker location in the back seat is intended for a subwoofer .. sorry but thats incorrect. If that were so the speaker that youre replacing from the factory would be a subwoofer.
    Anybody with a monsoon has factory 6.5 midbass [subwoofers] in their sail panels [back seat]. Full ranges in the doors and hatch area.

illcul8troffcr: your system is for your personal likes-it's not what we want. I'm glad it works for you but consider those who don't want big rediculous subs weighing down the ass of our cars [i used to have 2x10's, loved the sound, hated the weight]

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    WTF? who puts passengers in the back of an F body anyway? the only people that ride in the back seat are my kids. and with any passengers in the back, you have to turn the shit down, so it doesn't make them go deaf any way.

has any one tried Jl audio's 6wo's. i think those would be sweet.
    Shit thats what Im talkin about .. my godson rides with me and hes always telling me turn it up he loves it haha who can deny a 3 yr old who can recite Biggie smalls and loves the system.. some volume..

Me and his dad (my cousin) have always had systems, hell hes been raised on them. IF its low he asks me why do I have it turned down , He's 9 now and to this day still loves the bass.. I dont ride around blasting 24-7 with him but we will occassionally outdo any body who pulls up at a stop light from time to time

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign View Post
    Anybody with a monsoon has factory 6.5 midbass [subwoofers] in their sail panels [back seat]. Full ranges in the doors and hatch area.

illcul8troffcr: your system is for your personal likes-it's not what we want. I'm glad it works for you but consider those who don't want big rediculous subs weighing down the ass of our cars [i used to have 2x10's, loved the sound, hated the weight]
    I have to laugh ... the weight of my system .. yea it adds to the weight of the car but doesnt effect any of its drivability or performance.. so If I go to the track I may be .00423444 seconds slower .. who gives a shit .. no one on this forum gets paid for racing their cars that I know of and no one lives at the track 7 days a week so sacrificing the small things to gain something like sound quality in my car seems to be the intelligent thing to do .

white
    02 SS

I want some of these but I'm not too sure which ones to get the 2ohm or the 4ohm?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you want the dual 4ohm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information