Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Maroon
    2002 Z28

Thank you, Great info, especially the connector identification and pin out. With that, you can figure out anything.
    Again
    Thanks!!!

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    oK With I see it could be done. Now with all the different diagrams floating around 3 questions.
    1. On a 2002 Z/28 which pin's ?
    2. Which color are the wires supposed to be ?
    3. Why does the speaker not work at all since it has 2 voice coils ?
    Which Option do you have?

W54/W55? U59? U27?

Sorry to be the cloud and rain guy... but The GM schematics are specific for each of these options, and vary slightly.
    You need to confirm the OPTION on your specific car.
    I've got em.... but there's no way I can give a "Generic" Schematic...because theyre all different in their own light

I can Tell you...that the Monsoon amp on my 02 TA DOES have outputs for the tweeters.....
    C
    Last edited by Trickytransam; 05-27-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Maroon
    2002 Z28

My son's is a '98. And with the head wiring diagram, and a volt meter, it was good to go. Now he is running with "US AMP" and is a happy camper. There are 2 wires for signal on to the amp. the pink turns it on, but remains powered, the brn, excites the amp and allows it to shut down when the radio is powered off.

On My 02 Camaro, I just used signal line sensors, but when I set it up, (in 02) I didn't have this info. I expect when I get a moment, I will re-wire mine also.

pewter
    1999 Camaro

i need help!!!! i have a 99 camaro w/ monsoon system. i believe a few years after i bought the car i had to have the hu replaced. they put the same model back in the car but i believe it says "2002" on the unit. its starting to die so i bought a sony CDX-GT820IP, the gm wiring harness and a antenna adapter. i took out the factory hu and found there were two plugs going into the back of the hu. one of them hooks up to the wiring harness that hooks up to the new receiver. i have no clue how to hook up the other one. i am assuming that its the wiring to the amp. now that i have my radio out i have no speedometer, odometer or mileage counter. some of the guages work and some dont!!! does anyone have any idea what the hell i did? also, is there another wiring harness that i can buy for the second wiring plug that i dont know what to do with? thanks for any suggestions.

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by ufer219 View Post
    i need help!!!! i have a 99 camaro w/ monsoon system. i believe a few years after i bought the car i had to have the hu replaced. they put the same model back in the car but i believe it says "2002" on the unit. its starting to die so i bought a sony CDX-GT820IP, the gm wiring harness and a antenna adapter. i took out the factory hu and found there were two plugs going into the back of the hu. one of them hooks up to the wiring harness that hooks up to the new receiver. i have no clue how to hook up the other one. i am assuming that its the wiring to the amp. now that i have my radio out i have no speedometer, odometer or mileage counter. some of the guages work and some dont!!! does anyone have any idea what the hell i did? also, is there another wiring harness that i can buy for the second wiring plug that i dont know what to do with? thanks for any suggestions.
    Sounds like something is conflicting with your speed-sensing output. Could it be that one of those wires is grounding itself?

On the back of my unit in my WS6, I had the main harness, and a secondary harness for my changer. In your case, it's probably the input for your speed sensor.

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

one of them hooks up to the wiring harness that hooks up to the new receiver. i have no clue how to hook up the other one. i am assuming that its the wiring to the amp. now that i have my radio out i have no speedometer, odometer or mileage counter. some of the guages work and some dont!!! also, is there another wiring harness that i can buy for the second wiring plug that i dont know what to do with? thanks for any suggestions.
    First, Was the original Wiring Harness Cut, and your trying to identify which wires go where?

If that's the case - you might want to peek under the dash and see what OTHER hack jobs they did.
    Best Buy and Circuit City are Notorious for this, as are other "Quickie Free Installs".
    I've done MANY re-work jobs for the local dipshits.

Second, the other plug has nada to do with drivetrain.

You've got wires shorting out, or you've got a terminal block that was tugged on and it's coming loose.
    Also....I just thought of this... You may also want to pull the cluster and see if the main connector was tugged on, causing it not to be seated completely.

For the Secondary Remote CD Changer Plug:
    Bare- Drain wire
    DK GRN/WHT- Right audio signal
    BRN/WHT- Left audio signal
    BLK/WHT -Audio return
    BLK - Ground
    DK GRN - System power control

And remember.... SOLDER and tape your connections.
    Last edited by Trickytransam; 06-30-2008 at 01:03 PM.

pewter
    1999 Camaro

i appreciate everyones help. i figured out what happened. my power accessory fuse blew. nothing to do with the stereo installation. i wouldnt let best buy or circuit city touch my car. that secondary plug/harness is to my amp. i was told to bypass the amp and run wires straight from the amp to the new hu. if i splice the wires into the primary harness from the secondary harness do i risk failure/blowout do to high/low voltage, ohms, etc...? i think im just gonna leave it as is and buy a new camaro when they come out!! thanks again to everyone.

Black
    02 Trans Am WS6

my power accessory fuse blew. i was told to bypass the amp and run wires straight from the amp to the new hu. if i splice the wires into the primary harness from the secondary harness do i risk failure/blowout do to high/low voltage, ohms, etc...? i think im just gonna leave it as is and buy a new camaro when they come out!! thanks again to everyone.
    your accessory fuse?

sorry...but none of that made any sense.

You don't cross over any of the wires between the main harness going to the OEM head unit and the secondary plug for the MCD player.
    The only thing i can think that your talking about is the High Level Inputs of your amplifier (common with low end amps). That would go from the Output of the head unit, to the amp.
    Most guys just T off the rear speakers since the amp/subs are in the trunk anyway. Or, run from the head unit under your carpet, to your amp.
    Last edited by Trickytransam; 06-30-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Red
    2000 WS.6 Trans Am

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Convertibles

Will this work for convertibles too?
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS Convertibl

For what it is worth I have a .zip file with scanned images from the 2002 Camaro / Firebird factory service manual with the schematics for the radio/audio system. I don't know how to upload this file for everyone's use. If anyone is interested in this please let me know how to provide the file and I will.

I could use it, maybe I could figure out what happend to my R front speaker
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Exclamation need help

an i need help with a 1999 ss camaro i just got

so i took the stock monsoon radio out an put my deck in there that i got new an my subs are working but my door speakers an my rear speakers are not at all an the rear were very quiet before i replaced the deck some times i can get the door speakers to work but not very long an ive checked all fuses an all wires are correctly wired

Sunset Orange Metallic

Any idea how I can get a ~4meg zipped file of scanned images to y'all? I can't seem to add this as an attachment to my posts.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by som2k2ss View Post
    Any idea how I can get a ~4meg zipped file of scanned images to y'all? I can't seem to add this as an attachment to my posts.
    what is it of? email it to me: jaison(at)thirdshiftstudios.com

Sunset Orange Metallic

2002 factory service manual stereo diagrams

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    what is it of? email it to me: jaison(at)thirdshiftstudios.com

e-mail sent.

both Silver and black
    1971 & 2000 Z/28's

iPod hookup to stock radio's cd/aux button?

I have a 2000 Z/28 that has an am/fm cd stock stereo. One of the buttons has a cd/aux title which I imagine was for a trunk mounted multiple-disk player. Is it possible to tie in an iPod cable to work to the cd/aux button?

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
    Hi. I'm looking for some help. My Monsoon system is not making a sound. The radio lighs up and seems to work the CD player and change radio channels, along with the clock keeping time. I have tried the radio in another vehicle and it works great. All the fuses seem good. I went to the AMP and bought a replacement from EBAY. No difference. The two orange wire going to the AMP are hot. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I'm about to pull all the crap out an put in a cheap CD Player.
    I have the same problem with my 98Z everything turns on but no sound what-so-ever. its been broken for a year+ now lol.
    I havn't worried about it too much because i love the sound of my true duel exhust. But now my wife wants music in the camaro for long drives! lol

Let me know if you were able to find the problem

98 Ticket Red Z28
    Mods:
    Front/rear sway bars, poly bushings all around, Bilstein Shocks, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Pacesetter LT's, 2.5" Custom True Duals over the axle with Magnaflow mufflers, Shortened Pro 5.0 shifter, TurnOne PS pump.

Red
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk

Monsoon head unit question

So I am putting an aftermarket deck in my trans am, and I currently have a monsoon single disc cd player. Right now I have 2 wiring plugs and the antenna plug in the back of my monsoon. I bought an aftermarket harness for the one plug, but I dont know what the other smaller plug is for. Anyone know?

SOM
    2002 SS

Thanks for the diagrams !

Question for all you guys running amp and sub with your monsoon. For the line level converter inputs, did you t into the speaker wires at the factory woofer 'after' the monsoon amp ? Or did you take signal from the inputs 'before' the monsoon amp?

I spliced into the wires just below the factory woofer which would already be amp'd by the monsoon and it sounds horrible. Basically no sound and just a little vibration bass and it makes my amp clip

Also my line level converter has 4 inputs. Should I wire both ? Or just use 2 since I have just 1 sub?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information