Hi,

I am back into racing after 18 years. I had a 95 Trans Am back in the day 2001-2006. I used to be into the racing scene (Birmingham, AL) pretty heavily. I took a break because I went the family route and it was not something I could support cost-wise. 2 things are getting me back into racing and modifying cars: I got really sick about 11 months ago and almost died, I am fine now, but gave me a life check on things I want to do and what makes me happy. 2. Rich is all a matter of perspective but I am very well off by US standards and have done really well in my career, so I have extra money to have a more expensive side project. With that being said I am still conservative (with money, not politics) and will stick to a budget, but planning my next car/mods.

Previous Car/Mods (keep in mind this was in 2001 -2006)

95 Trans am LT1 (Black) (OBD1)
383 Stroker w/forged internals 11.1 Compression
LT1 Custom Port and Polish heads (all the upgraded hardware)
Comp Cams 236/242 .556/.576 LSA 112
1.8 roller rocker arms
LT4 manifold
CAI
Hooker headers / Y pipe with Cat delete
Flowmaster Catback
Fully built 4060-E with 3600 stall torque converter
C4 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5 / 18x11 w/ Nitto 555r 315s on back
Few other minor mods I don't really remember.
Never got this car dynoed but it was "tuned".

I haven't purchased a project car as of now but looking at a multitude of options. Looking to work that out. The budget is about 60k (car and mods) and this will not be a daily driver but needs to pass emissions in the state I am in.

Considering the following:
C5 Z06
C6 LS3
C6 Z06
C7
C7 Z06 (if I can find one in this range)
LS1 Trans Am

Just looking to get the best bang for the buck. Leaning towards the Vette side because I have always been a huge fan.